We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » New From Papercrane Digital Conviction (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
papercrane
View Profile
Regular user
Columbus, OH
152 Posts

Profile of papercrane
A shutter noise will not be a problem.
AlluTallu
View Profile
Veteran user
Finland
396 Posts

Profile of AlluTallu
I'm very tempted to get this right now. But will wait for some reviews since I want to know how practical this is in real life.

"The phone is immediately handed to the spectator and placed face down in their hand."

If this statement is true with all camera phones, then this is a winner and I'll click the "buy" button instantly.

-Aleksi
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1763 Posts

Profile of JamieD
The phone is handed stright to the spectator. No pressing funny buttons or doing anything odd. It's literally, Snap and hand to them. The shutter noise will help convince that you have taken a legitamet photo if anything. I have used the shutter noise on my iphone and it works brilliantly. There is absolutly no clean up of anykind. You can either leave them with their phone or send the photo from your phone to them. 100% practical and I can't fault it from my side. It takes a little time to practise but once it's done, you'll be changing photoes. Those wondering if it can be done with other things, I think this is just the begining with this concept.

Jamie
TORCE - VMRS - DARK SERIES
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
Joshua Quinn
View Profile
Inner circle
with an outer triangle
2051 Posts

Profile of Joshua Quinn
Question: Instead of using it as a transformation, could it be used as a two-way out? That is, you take a picture as your prediction, and then either surreptitiously change the photo or not, depending on the outcome?
Every problem contains the seeds of its own solution. Unfortunately every problem also contains the seeds of an infinite number of non-solutions, so that first part really isn't super helpful.
AlluTallu
View Profile
Veteran user
Finland
396 Posts

Profile of AlluTallu
Ok, I'm already out of money but this seems to be a must have. I really pray that this is as good as it seems to be..

Sending my money now.

-Aleksi
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2293 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
JUst got this, saw the download!

Very very usable effect.
Eric is right, it is something that you will use everywhere you go.

I havent performed it yet, but I have been practicing and its a very easy trick to get used to.

This one ou can even do impromptu all you need is a deck of cards and someones phone.

Love it

10 out of 10

Alex
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
smacks183
View Profile
Loyal user
247 Posts

Profile of smacks183
Pretty good trick. pick this one up.
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1935 Posts

Profile of ted french
Everyone thank you so much. BSmith is really clever if he releases something buy it, this guy goes out and performs most nights of the week and perfects his work before he releases it. I am a huge fan of his work and his approach to mentalism is one of the best I have seen.
P3
practice practice perform.
alibali
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of alibali
Hi Ted, I'm also very excited about this one ! Can we borrow any deck of cards (even a non UPS branded one) ?
AlluTallu
View Profile
Veteran user
Finland
396 Posts

Profile of AlluTallu
This is good Smile Any deck and any camera phone will work. With some phones the effect is stronger than with others and I personally prefer to use this with my own phone.

-Aleksi
M Sini
View Profile
Inner circle
1361 Posts

Profile of M Sini
Quote:
On 2009-07-01 05:34, alibali wrote:
Hi Ted, I'm also very excited about this one ! Can we borrow any deck of cards (even a non UPS branded one) ?

I'm not Ted but the answer is yes.

Though I initially planned to wait on numerous reviews, I took the plunge last night and bought the DVD and digital download and stayed up way past my bedtime watching it. I met bSmith once before and know he works on an effect a long time in bars/street for real people before he would ever think of releasing anything. You can tell a lot of thought was put into this and it wasn't rushed to the market.

Let me first say, if you practice you will be able to make it work EXACTLY like you saw in the demo. Meaning:
1. They freely select a card
2. You or they insert it into the middle of the deck.
3. You then pull out a joker (or any card for that matter) and write their initials on it.
4. Take a picture of the card with their initials on it with either your camera phone or theirs (they can even be in the picture as well)and they can watch you take the picture through the screen, then place their phone face down in their hand
5. The card visually changes to their selected card WITH THEIR INTIALS NOW ON IT.
6. You reveal the phone now has a picture of their selected card, intials and all.

Pro's
-What you see it what you get. The effect works just like they say in the demo and on the website.
-If can be done with a borrowed camera phone
-It could also be done with a borrowed deck (though I don't think that adds anything)
-The teaching goes further than just moves, b teaches the psychology, body language and key patter as well.
-There is no set up required
-If you have a camera phone, a deck of cards and a sharpie you're all set
- Alternate handlings are taught for different performance situations
- He covers some good "what ifs" to keep you out of trouble

Cons
-A beginner may have trouble with one of the sleights, but an intermediate card worker should have no issues and may even use an alternate sleight.
-Not a huge deal to me but crediting could have been a little better. While some names were credited during the performance, they were left off the end credits and he also wasn't sure whose move he was using at one point. Again, not a big deal to me but some others may get irritated.

Final Verdict-
bSmith has come up with a great effect that can be done at almost anytime. The best part is at the end of it you can leave them with something to show their friends and he even gives some ideas of how to leave them with your phone number. If you liked the demo, you won't be disappointed.
fridoliina89
View Profile
Special user
503 Posts

Profile of fridoliina89
So can this really be done with ANY phone?

I have some other phone effects that said the same but I always ran into some problems with some phones.

I really want to get this, looks fantastic.
M Sini
View Profile
Inner circle
1361 Posts

Profile of M Sini
Quote:
On 2009-07-01 13:05, fridoliina89 wrote:
So can this really be done with ANY phone?

As long as it has a camera built in, I don't see any limitations.
alibali
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of alibali
Thanks Mario for this in-depth review ! Smile
fridoliina89
View Profile
Special user
503 Posts

Profile of fridoliina89
Is the color change explained on the video?
M Sini
View Profile
Inner circle
1361 Posts

Profile of M Sini
Quote:
On 2009-07-02 07:17, fridoliina89 wrote:
Is the color change explained on the video?

Yes
fridoliina89
View Profile
Special user
503 Posts

Profile of fridoliina89
Just got this and I think its fantastic!

One of the things that I do that gets some of the best reactions ever is just a standard pick a card trick with some visual color change.

This takes this effect to a whole new level.
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2416 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
Just how difficult is the sleight.
AlluTallu
View Profile
Veteran user
Finland
396 Posts

Profile of AlluTallu
There is nothing very difficoult in this routine. If you can do a simple card control and some basic sleights you will do just fine. The "key" sleight is also very easy. Just be careful with your angles.

-Aleksi
bsmith
View Profile
Loyal user
289 Posts

Profile of bsmith
Thank you all for your kind words and support. Anyone who would like to purchase an autographed copy of Digital Conviction for $24.95 can paypal me at bobsmithpipe@yahoo.com.

FREE SHIPPING ALWAYS!! (US only.. rates apply outside US)
FIRST 10 PEOPLE WILL RECEIVE A FREE DVD COPY OF "WOUNDED"!!

Thank you all again for your support

Best,
bSmith
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » New From Papercrane Digital Conviction (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL