We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » New From Papercrane Digital Conviction (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Quote:
On 2009-07-02 06:07, alibali wrote:
Thanks Mario for this in-depth review ! Smile

Thanks to Mario! His review helps very much in my decision making process as to whether it is something I will use and have fun with. And the answer is No Doubt!
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7294 Posts

Profile of paisa23
This really sounds like a gem.. Ima shower and decide if I should get the Download...
bsmith
View Profile
Loyal user
289 Posts

Profile of bsmith
Quote:
On 2009-06-30 12:53, Quinn wrote:
Question: Instead of using it as a transformation, could it be used as a two-way out? That is, you take a picture as your prediction, and then either surreptitiously change the photo or not, depending on the outcome?

Great question. Yes. You can definitely adjust your presentation depending on the outcome. This is something that Ive had to do when developing this effect. You can either have the photo change or not have the photo change. The latter would leave them with an initialed joker on their phone and their selected card with the same initials in their hand. Both options can be sold to them as proof of an impossible moment.

bSmith
Joshua Quinn
View Profile
Inner circle
with an outer triangle
2051 Posts

Profile of Joshua Quinn
Thanks for the info, bSmith. Smile
Every problem contains the seeds of its own solution. Unfortunately every problem also contains the seeds of an infinite number of non-solutions, so that first part really isn't super helpful.
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2293 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
I have been performing this since I got it, and its killer.

Thanks Robert

Alex
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1935 Posts

Profile of ted french
Yeah this is great. It's really just as easy as it looks
P3
practice practice perform.
papercrane
View Profile
Regular user
Columbus, OH
152 Posts

Profile of papercrane
Just wanted to let everyone know that this is now available at Murphy's so you should be able to get it from your favorite magic dealer.
wa_ckys
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of wa_ckys
Hi
Is this trick recommended for beginners??
How long would it take to get it down? As I'm a new to card tricks.

Thanks
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1935 Posts

Profile of ted french
It's not hard but I would recommend a solid foundation in books like Royal Road to Card Magic or some of the dover books before buying any 1 trick DVD's. If you can do simple sleights you can do this, everything I learned in my first 6 months in magic prepared me to do an effect like Digital Conviction.
P3
practice practice perform.
wa_ckys
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of wa_ckys
Thanks. Ted French
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
1611 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
I love this effect, it is just so *** cool

If anyone is interested here is a link to a video review I put together a couple of days ago.

Great stuff

Craig

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hl5uWVNTBNo
[url= http://youtube.com/c/slightlyunusualmagic
'Magic TV YouTube Channel ' by Craig Petty[/url]
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17176 Posts

Profile of joseph
I guess this could really be called trick photography.. Smile .. In fact, can that line be incorporated into the patter?...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
wa_ckys
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of wa_ckys
Hi,

Before I purchase Digital Conviction.

I would like to know, is there any difference between the DVD and the download version

Thanks.
Geoff Weber
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington DC
1363 Posts

Profile of Geoff Weber
Quote:
On 2009-08-25 02:45, wa_ckys wrote:
Before I purchase Digital Conviction.

I would like to know, is there any difference between the DVD and the download version

only difference is if you prefer to own a physical copy.
wa_ckys
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of wa_ckys
Thanks Geoff
cardbiker
View Profile
Inner circle
1316 Posts

Profile of cardbiker
Hi,I've just received an e-mail from Justin Miller who has a new effect out called Smile,sounds very similar to this one,anyone have any views on it?
rochaz
View Profile
Veteran user
I'm TORN.........
378 Posts

Profile of rochaz
Cardbiker,
If you happen to have ordered the DC DVD directly from B. Smith he sent out an extra bonus (to hold you over till the DVD arrived).
The bonus was a MP4 file of JM's simplified variation of the Digital Conviction effect called "Smile".

I never could get the darn file to run (without constant starting /stopping) on my PC. But I understood the gist of the effect...pretty clever.

PM me if you have any questions. Hope this helps.

Respectfully,
rochaz
- We do not want them to suspend disbelief in the way they would in theater and story. We want them to think critically and observe carefully. Our job is to force them to believe in magic even against their better judgment.”
Whit Hayden

:Juan R Rocha:
cardbiker
View Profile
Inner circle
1316 Posts

Profile of cardbiker
Thanks Rochaz,appreciate that.
rochaz
View Profile
Veteran user
I'm TORN.........
378 Posts

Profile of rochaz
CB,
Not a problem!
Keep us posted on any other emails you may receive from JM....maybe he's changed up the effect and has something different to offer.

Take care,
rochaz
- We do not want them to suspend disbelief in the way they would in theater and story. We want them to think critically and observe carefully. Our job is to force them to believe in magic even against their better judgment.”
Whit Hayden

:Juan R Rocha:
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
I gotta say, I was floored watching this one, really impressed me.

Quick question...

Will the first picture of the card be saved in there phone as well as the ending pic? Just asking as they will go in there phone and see 2 pics of 2 different cards and think you somehow got a pic of the second card when they weren't looking or something. If there left with only one of the pics it seems more magical, as if the original pic did indeed change to there card, I don't see them questioning it then.

Thanks Smile

Paul
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » New From Papercrane Digital Conviction (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL