The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Bill Malone Tapes (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Nikos
View Profile
Regular user
115 Posts

Profile of Nikos
I've only seen the fist tape and all I can say is Bill Malone is amazing. Terrific magician and side-splittingly funny.

There is a trick on one of the tapes called something like "I Don't even have a pocket".

The original presentation uses a a card to pocket. Bill's jacket doesn't allow for this because the pocket is on the opposite side. Bill makes it look like he is pulling a card out of nowhere.

Hope this helps.
Dupont
View Profile
New user
Atlanta GA
11 Posts

Profile of Dupont
Quote:
On 2003-06-02 23:14, Nikos wrote:
I've only seen the fist tape and all I can say is Bill Malone is amazing.

Dear Nikos,

Please keep "the fist tape" to yourself. I don't want that one getting around too much.

Signed,

"Bill Malone"
Jeffrey Cowan
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles, CA
134 Posts

Profile of Jeffrey Cowan
Nikos: the "I don't have a pocket" idea involves reaching inside your jacket to produce a card "from your breast shirt pocket" and later pulling back the coat to reveal that you don't even have a pocket. I'm fond of the idea because (ahem) I indepenently came up with the idea as a young guy shortly after learning how to palm cards in the left hand (which was before I'd heard of the fabulous Mr. Malone). I think Bill published the idea in a Linking Ring parade of his that came out in the summer of 1988, if not slightly earlier in '87. It's a great idea and usually gets a huge laugh.
marko
View Profile
Inner circle
2110 Posts

Profile of marko
Isn't it from Tarbell?
Thought: Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
Dupont
View Profile
New user
Atlanta GA
11 Posts

Profile of Dupont
Quote:
On 2003-06-05 15:30, Jeffrey Cowan wrote:
Nikos: the "I don't have a pocket" idea involves reaching inside your jacket to produce a card "from your breast shirt pocket" and later pulling back the coat to reveal that you don't even have a pocket. I'm fond of the idea because (ahem) I indepenently came up with the idea as a young guy shortly after learning how to palm cards in the left hand (which was before I'd heard of the fabulous Mr. Malone). I think Bill published the idea in a Linking Ring parade of his that came out in the summer of 1988, if not slightly earlier in '87. It's a great idea and usually gets a huge laugh.

August 1988.

Actually, the technique that Bill uses was originally to apparently produce a card from the shirt pocket. Bill used it just that way for quite a long time, but to produce a card from a vest pocket. One day, he was performing at a different establishment and didn't stop to think that the vest he was wearing there didn't have a pocket where he normally produced the card from. Just out of habit, he did the move anyway, saying that the card goes to his pocket...it was a spectator who laughed and screamed, "And he doesn't even have a pocket!" He's been doing it that way ever since.
marko
View Profile
Inner circle
2110 Posts

Profile of marko
I love that he uses a glide and a DL for Daley's Last Trick. That's the way I originally learned it, but traded it in for the more sophisticated 'two DL' method. After seeing Bill kill with it, I've decided to go back to the original way.
Thought: Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
JordanB
View Profile
Special user
dallas, tx
643 Posts

Profile of JordanB
I like his favorite "opener" trick. At first I overlooked it, but I decided to practice and about 9 weeks later it became a constant effect. All the tapes are great, Bill is a great instructor and a nice guy. Grade A material. Also, does anyone know why in all of L&L's videos(or all the one's I've seen) have mostly the same audience members. I've always wondered this.
HighVolt29
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of HighVolt29
Bill Malone's effects presented on his tapes are very, very, commercial. But what makes Bill Malone's act stand out from all the others is his presentation. Comedy in magic is great. I have all of his DVD's. You can pick up some great lines from his material. Personally in my close up act, I don't like to have punch line after punch line. I usually have 40min of straight close up magic with a couple lines here and there.

The best video out there is Bill Malones Sam the Bellhop. Not only does it have the great routine Sam the bellhop but so much other material. It has a great ace production, Radical Aces and 6 or more false shuffles and cuts. It even includes a detailed explanation in the zaro shuffle. I learned all of my false cuts from this video. Highly recommended. Everything from Bill Malone is great! But, my favorite trick from him is reset reset.
redstreak
View Profile
Inner circle
A.K.A David Kong
1368 Posts

Profile of redstreak
Bill Malone has inspired me more than any other magician. I absolutly love his DVDs, without a doubt they are me favorite videos I own.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Bill Malone Tapes (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL