The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » RIP Billy Mays (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Illusion & Beyond
View Profile
Regular user
199 Posts

Profile of Illusion & Beyond
The greatest pichman in our lifetime has died. Guess how old? 50. that's # 3.
Darth Ewok
View Profile
Loyal user
Greeneville TN
228 Posts

Profile of Darth Ewok
What is going on with celebs?! they seem to be passing at an unusually high number lately. I liked Billy and his pitchmen show. he will be missed
my real name is Kevin Harrison

http://www.myspace.com/magicalclerk
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3433 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
Quote:
On 2009-06-28 21:41, Illusion & Beyond wrote:

No, that's #1. First there was Ed McMahon, second Farrah Fawcett and last Michael Jackson. Billy Mays starts the next set of 3.
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
Or it can be...Bea Arthur, David Carradine and Ed McMahon....
Michael Jackson, Farrah, and Mays...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
RonCalhoun
View Profile
Special user
Independence, KY USA
599 Posts

Profile of RonCalhoun
I find myself deeply sadden today as I read of the passing of one of the greatest pitchman of all time, my hero, William “Billy” Mays.

Billy Mays honed his pitch skills working with the same company that Robert Redford, Ed McMahon, and Charles Bronson had worked for.

As a former pitchperson I pay recognition to 2 wonderful pitchmen. Ed McMahon and my hero Billy Mays. The pitchworld has lost 2 hall of famers.
RonCalhoun
View Profile
Special user
Independence, KY USA
599 Posts

Profile of RonCalhoun
Billy Mays honed his pitch skills working with the same company that Robert Redford, Ed McMahon, and Charles Bronson had worked for. The source for this...

Source: http://www.sandiegomagazine.com
Steve_Mollett
View Profile
Inner circle
Eh, so I've made
3006 Posts

Profile of Steve_Mollett
Quote:
On 2009-06-29 00:16, Stanyon wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-06-28 21:41, Illusion & Beyond wrote:

No, that's #1. First there was Ed McMahon, second Farrah Fawcett and last Michael Jackson. Billy Mays starts the next set of 3.

No, he's the 'bonus' pitchman you get when you order a set of three!!!
Author of: GARROTE ESCAPES
The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth.
- Albert Camus
Pete McEwen
View Profile
Special user
Durham, N.C.
576 Posts

Profile of Pete McEwen
Wow, classy comment...
The magician formerly known as SPEEDcuber
"no one will believe the things we do if we don't believe them ourselves." - Slydini
PeteMcEwen@mac.com
Steve_Mollett
View Profile
Inner circle
Eh, so I've made
3006 Posts

Profile of Steve_Mollett
Every bit as classy as Mays' pitches, I'm sure. Smile
Author of: GARROTE ESCAPES
The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth.
- Albert Camus
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
This saddened me.....I liked Billy. Has the official cause of death been released? I heard he had gotten hit on the head during the plane flight by falling luggage. Did that contribute to his death?

Lot's of celebs dying. I will miss Farrah too. I used to have 2 of her posters up on the walls of my bedroom.

Also, Karl Maulden died. He was 97!

R.I.P. Farrah, Billy, & Karl. Smile

Regan
Mister Mystery
Ted Squires
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of Ted Squires
Billy died of heart disease. He had hypertension and an enlarged heart. There was no head trauma due to the hit on the head on the flight.
Magic1man
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of Magic1man
Yes quit a few celebrities passing away lately, and what is troubling is the relatively young age! Jackson, Farrah, Billy Mays. I am 47 and seeing your contemporaries dieing makes you look at your own mortality!
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Quote:
On 2009-07-10 16:57, Ted Squires wrote:
Billy died of heart disease. He had hypertension and an enlarged heart. There was no head trauma due to the hit on the head on the flight.

He was on a flight where a tire blew on landing, the landing was so rough that it dislodged items from the overhead storage, and some did hit him on the head as he said to the news crew. My opinion would be the stress that his body went through during that landing was a factor in his death. As when he got home he told his wife he did not feel well, and passed away sometime that night in his sleep.

Yes, he had an enlarged heart, but he had that same condition the day before, and the day before that. In my thinking, he died of heart disease, and that plane trip did not help him out any...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » RIP Billy Mays (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL