The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Cola Cap by Axel Hecklau Video Demo online (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Axel Hecklau
View Profile
Regular user
Berlin / Germany
114 Posts

Profile of Axel Hecklau
Here is my version of the classic cap in bottle - called Cola Cap.
Starting with a factory sealed glas bottle and at the end you have a great present for your spectator. Different gimmick, different moves possible ;-)

Just finished the demo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQ5JJkh5xLE

If you are at the IBM convention in Nashville you will see it live...
brainman
View Profile
Special user
912 Posts

Profile of brainman
Molto bello Axel!
; )
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17262 Posts

Profile of joseph
Awesome...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
magicman1
View Profile
Inner circle
1183 Posts

Profile of magicman1
Not sure how available bottle coke in glass is available here in the states

I will have to check

Don
Axel Hecklau
View Profile
Regular user
Berlin / Germany
114 Posts

Profile of Axel Hecklau
Last monday I had my first lecture here in the states in New York City
I went in a small supermarket in 6th street and buyed a sixpack.
The bottles are thinner and the label is different but they work very well.

Axel
Tophie
View Profile
Loyal user
259 Posts

Profile of Tophie
Can this be done with a clear beer bottle?
Axel Hecklau
View Profile
Regular user
Berlin / Germany
114 Posts

Profile of Axel Hecklau
Yes I recomment clear bottles (like Corona) so you can see the effect better.

I just bought another sixpack of small cola bottles in Louisville (I will have my lecture here today) at a KROGER store - absolute no problem to get them.

See you in Nashville ;-)

Axel
music
View Profile
Special user
600 Posts

Profile of music
Very nice, and I appreciate that you performed it without any cuts!
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2177 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
Looks very good. I'm bummed that I wasn't able to make it to the lecture in NYC last week!
Kevin Reylek
magicman1
View Profile
Inner circle
1183 Posts

Profile of magicman1
Thanks Axel, I also have seen them now that I'm looking for them,,LOL...

Don
magicman1
View Profile
Inner circle
1183 Posts

Profile of magicman1
Anxiously looking for reviews of this effect..Looks awesome

I have Newsflash from Axel and that is also awesome

Don
Doug Follett
View Profile
Loyal user
202 Posts

Profile of Doug Follett
I had the priveledge to attend Axel's lecture last evening in Louisville. I highly recommend this one! The instructional DVD is very well done, and the written instructions are very clear. Both are very thorough in the explanation.

Axel has done a great job in including everything you need to make this awesome effect happen.

In addition to recommending this, I also recommend his other products, Spoonaround, and his book Cue Control. Very nice.

Doug
Nechto
View Profile
Special user
UK
870 Posts

Profile of Nechto
Very rarely do I see someone in magic who's moves are so motivated and well choreographed that they blend in to the naturalness of the performance and as a result become invisible, and I see a lot of new magic and a lot of performers being the sales manager for http://www.magicshop.co.uk.

Axel is one of these magicians, he builds such great structure into his routines that everything dirty looks as clean as a whistle.

I had the pleasure of meeting him at Blackpool and he is also a really nice guy, seeming as I called him Alex for the first half an hour!!!! He really loves magic and thinks about everything in so much depth it would be a crime not to at least look at all of his magic, really though you should buy it all!!!!

All the best with your latest releases and lecture tour Axel, I hope to meet up with you again soon,

Ben Williams
EricDraven
View Profile
Inner circle
1258 Posts

Profile of EricDraven
Isn´t this effect also part of one of your lecture manuscripts?

Eric
Believe me...nothing is trivial...
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10844 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Axel when are you comming back to the magic castle ??
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Axel Hecklau
View Profile
Regular user
Berlin / Germany
114 Posts

Profile of Axel Hecklau
Eric,

no it isn´t.

It comes now with a 40 min explanation DVD and additional moves discribed on.

Hi vinny,
I come to the magic castle, when they whant me to have there ;-)
I would be happy to lecture in the castle.
(and my wife loved it to ;-)

Axel
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
Greenwich (CT)
6799 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
Axel

You have it all right:
1. The bottle is full at the start which expresses that there is no slit in the bottle.
2. You are not handling the bottle by the neck which cancels out solutions where a folding cap could be hidden in the bottle neck
3. As I have always expressed here in the café, the performer shouldn't take the cap out by the bottle's neck: something that symbolically express that it could somehow be possible when we want to demonstrate that it is not.
4. You leave the prop (bottle with cap inside) in its final stage with the spectator: something that Michael Ammar recommends in his brilliant "Making Your Tricks Memorable"

Thus congratulation on your version of this great trick. The only thing is that you should come (for yourself) with a much better non descriptive patter.

One way could be to think along the line of "pollution prevention" and the fact that caps are not easily bio-degradable, even when put in a liquid and that therefore the cap should be left in the bottle before taking care of the empty bottle. This would give you a story that is both fashionable and interesting to the audiences.

Congratulations again
Magic is the art of proving impossible things in parallel dimensions that can't be reached
EricDraven
View Profile
Inner circle
1258 Posts

Profile of EricDraven
Hi Axel,

many thanks for the insights, but I still do not fully understand: Is the methodology another than the cola cap effect in your manuscript "Details" or is it the same but now on DVD and with "extended" moves? I think the version from "Details" is great and would love to know if this is a new method or "just" a better descritpion of the "old" one...

Many thanks
Eric
Believe me...nothing is trivial...
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3010 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
Quote:
On 2009-07-01 04:33, Lawrence O wrote:

Thus congratulation on your version of this great trick. The only thing is that you should come (for yourself) with a much better non descriptive patter.

From Mr. Hecklau's website:

"I deliver nothing 'complete with presentation', but thought through tricks which waits for your personal customization and presentation form. Our art should develop further and I would be pleased to experience you once as you have converted one of my tricks to 'your' trick by your ideas, your humor and your presentation."

Sounds as though whatever presentation and patter Mr. Hecklau uses are deliberately not part of the package or video, to avoid clones and encourage creativity. But with a mustache, accent and gleam in the eye like Mr. Hecklau's, it probably wouldn't take a whole lot of scripting to be entertaining anyway.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
Axel Hecklau
View Profile
Regular user
Berlin / Germany
114 Posts

Profile of Axel Hecklau
Thanks ;-)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Cola Cap by Axel Hecklau Video Demo online (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL