The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » If right you win, if wrong you lose... » » Monte Tour 09 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6439 Posts

Profile of NJJ
For those who don't know, I'm currently traveling around Europe looking for people playing The Shell Game and Three Card Monte.

A few weeks ago I was in Barcelona where I tracked down the Trileros on Las Ramblas. I filmed and photographed them as well as took extensive notes on their sleight of hand, and psychological techniques.

Last weekend I was in Stockholm where I interviewed victims and local shopkeepers about their experiences with the shell game. I even filmed a victim hold his wallet open while the con artist took the money out

I've written up the first part of the Barcelona trip here with more to come.

http://honestconman.blogspot.com/2009/06......one.html
jakeg
View Profile
Inner circle
1720 Posts

Profile of jakeg
Nick: I read your blog where you photographed on the street. Years ago, I had a mirror attachment that fit on my lens that permitted me to point my camera in one direction, while photographing in another. I don't know if they are still available or if they would fit on the new small digital cameras, but they were cheap, and they might work for you.
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6439 Posts

Profile of NJJ
Thanks Jake! Will look into it!
jakeg
View Profile
Inner circle
1720 Posts

Profile of jakeg
Nick: I don't know what kind of camera you have, but if you google 'right angle camera lens', you'll find them. I just saw one for a Cannon for $30.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » If right you win, if wrong you lose... » » Monte Tour 09 (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL