The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » "Window" by David Stone (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7~8~9~10~11~12~13~14 [Next]
Irishghost
View Profile
Inner circle
www.gaffguy.com
1228 Posts

Profile of Irishghost
Well that didn't take long for my mail box to fill up LOL. Sorry but I will not be making replacement gimmicks out of respect for the creative team.

Jeremy
I get to gaff some cool stuff for some cool people
itsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
middle earth
1076 Posts

Profile of itsmagic
Well, that doesn't seem like a good long term business model for David. A specialized gimmick is required to perform this effect - but the longevity of the gimmick is questionable. Then claiming that it takes a "genius" to recreate the gimmick so customers are forced to go back to his company and repay for a replacement.

How much is a replacement anyway?
nornando
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of nornando
[quote]On 2009-07-04 03:30, Piz wrote:
Quick questions???

My problem is mainly practicality? My dream CTW would be little set-up (Around 10-20 sec would be nice), easy clean-up to where there's no mess or anything left behind (I actually like the idea of using tape instead of the other stuff with this one), and visual which this already has.

you might want to check out D Garcia's Kaos - no muss, no fuss, any time, any where CTW
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2009-07-04 13:49, Irishghost wrote:
Well that didn't take long for my mail box to fill up LOL. Sorry but I will not be making replacement gimmicks out of respect for the creative team.

Jeremy

You're as classy as you are gifted!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2293 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Question to those that have it??

the tape you use to stick the card to the window, what do you use??

regular scotch tape
double sided tape
blue tack puddy

please advise. I don't want to tear the gimmick up if I use something incorrectly.

thanks

alex
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
Quote:
you might want to check out D Garcia's Kaos - no muss, no fuss, any time, any where CTW

Learned this one years ago, not for me my friend Smile

Honestly, I never seen Kaos as a legit CTW (although that is what the end result looks like), nice effect though when done correctly.

rochaz
View Profile
Veteran user
I'm TORN.........
378 Posts

Profile of rochaz
Alex,
Check out this suggestion from earlier in this thread;

Quote:
There is the danger that SCOTCH TAPE may rip the backing on the card and this card cost too much to risk that. I suggest going to Walmart and buying some of the purple masking tape used to place on wall paper when painting borders. This tape will hold the card to the glass, yet pull off without doing any damage to the back of the card.
Magicbuilder

I don't have the effect (but I soon will) Smile and it sounds like a very good piece of advice. This is something that I'll have to consider once I get a look at the gimmick.
Perhaps others can chime in and give us their thoughts?

Hope this helps!

Respectfully,
Rochaz
- We do not want them to suspend disbelief in the way they would in theater and story. We want them to think critically and observe carefully. Our job is to force them to believe in magic even against their better judgment.”
Whit Hayden

:Juan R Rocha:
flekka
View Profile
Regular user
wirral, england,
186 Posts

Profile of flekka
I am using scotch 3m magic tape ( dull misty white in colour, sticky on one side)
what you achieve in life echo's for eternety
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2341 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
Let's see here:

F**ce a card, "loose" the card in the deck, show an empty window, rap on it, spring the cards and have the WRONG card appear on the other side. LOL..good one magician-but aha!

By merely waving your hand over the card it magically changes to the correct card. (you can clean up by making it disappear).

So, someone that owns Window and S. Bogunia's Windomation, can the gimmicks be combined? I understand the Window gaff needs room to do its thing so it can't be completely applied to the window.

If they can be combined, well- Smile Smile Smile
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
http://www.facebook.com/Doug.Lippert
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
Quote:
On 2009-07-06 22:53, Doug Lippert wrote:
Let's see here:

F**ce a card, "loose" the card in the deck, show an empty window, rap on it, spring the cards and have the WRONG card appear on the other side. LOL..good one magician-but aha!

By merely waving your hand over the card it magically changes to the correct card. (you can clean up by making it disappear).

So, someone that owns Window and S. Bogunia's Windomation, can the gimmicks be combined? I understand the Window gaff needs room to do its thing so it can't be completely applied to the window.

If they can be combined, well- Smile Smile Smile

I already thought of exactly what you said (As I own Bogunia's Windomation), and even though I do not own Window yet, I do know how the card changes, and considering there is something that is put on front and back of the card for Windomation, I do not see it being possible to combine the two effects.

I also would not want to put what you have to put on the card for Sean's effect on a $80 gimmick.

I will be getting Window beggining of Aug, I'll give ya my thoughts. Smile
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2341 Posts

Quote:
On 2009-07-07 02:12, Piz wrote:
I already though of exactly what you said

That comment made me chuckle a little. How do you figure you were first? Smile

Anyways, I don't mind destroying an $80 gimmick if it allows me to achieve what I'm visualizing. The back of the card is never seen and I hinted at not damaging the face of the card.
Douglas Lippert
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
Quote:
On 2009-07-07 02:20, Doug Lippert wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-07-07 02:12, Piz wrote:
I already though of exactly what you said

That comment made me chuckle a little. How do you figure you were first? Smile

Anyways, I don't mind destroying an $80 gimmick if it allows me to achieve what I'm visualizing. The back of the card is never seen and I hinted at not damaging the face of the card.

lol! I WAS FIRST!!! Smile

I love combining effects, as I did with Kennedy's and DF CTW. As stated, the first thing I thought when seeing Window for the first time was combining these 2.

I understand what you are saying, but even if you do not care about damaging the card, I do not see how it would be possible.

It also depends on whether the Card for window changes from the front or the back, also you would have no-choice but to skip the first part of Windomation and use Window's methode of getting the card behind the glass.
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2341 Posts

Quote:
On 2009-07-07 02:34, Piz wrote:
It also depends on whether the Card for window changes from the front or the back, also you would have no-choice but to skip the first part of Windomation an us Window's methode to get the card behind the glass.

The card is behind the glass the whole time with Window. Are you referring to this as the method?

I would like to use Windomation to rap on the empty glass before spraying the deck. I'm placing my order as we type. If it doesn't work, I still have a method for color changing card behind glass.. Smile
Douglas Lippert
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
Quote:
On 2009-07-07 02:38, Doug Lippert wrote:
Quote:
It also depends on whether the Card for window changes from the front or the back, also you would have no-choice but to skip the first part of Windomation an us Window's methode to get the card behind the glass.

Hey Piz,

What do you mean by having to skip the first part of Windomation? That's the main point in using Windomation with Window gaff- to make the wrong card appear on the window and not have to deal with a card already being there or needing a confederate. A one man effect if you will.

Without exposing anything here, you cannot do the first part of Sean's effect by simply using tape across the top to get the card on the window, considering the tape on Window is placed on the back of the card coming off the top, the card would not stick to the window using Window's" method with Windomation's first stage of appearing the card.

P.S. Do you own Windomation?
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
Quote:
On 2009-07-07 02:38, Doug Lippert wrote:
Quote:

The card is behind the glass the whole time with Window. Are you referring to this as the method?

I would like to use Windomation to rap on the empty glass before spraying the deck. I'm placing my order as we type. If it doesn't work, I still have a method for color changing card behind glass.. Smile

After watching the Demo again it seems clear that the card for Window changes from the front, which means you should be able to do the last stage (Vanish the card) from the Window using Windomation. It all boils down to how the gimmick is made for Window, but something will have to be placed on the back of the gimmick in-order for what your thinking to work.

Do me a favor my friend, once you receive Window drop me a PM with your thoughts.

Thanks

Paul
Socalesq
View Profile
Regular user
189 Posts

Profile of Socalesq
Just got Window. Very clever gimmick, very magical looking and fun to play with. Two small complaints: My card doesn't hang flat against the window -- the bottom leans away a bit. And there's a bit of a sound issue. Anyone else have those problems and, if so, what's the fix?
icuryy
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2341 Posts

Quote:
On 2009-07-07 02:45, Piz wrote:
Without exposing anything here, you cannot do the first part of Sean's effect by simply using tape across the top to get the card on the window, considering the tape on Window is placed on the back of the card coming off the top, the card would not stick to the window using Window's" method with Windomation's first stage of appearing the card.

P.S. Do you own Windomation?

Yes, I own Windomation- it's a great appparatus and can be very versatile. Several magicians have shared their work on it with me and it blew my mind. My lips are sealed.

I understand what you mean about the first phase but, I would not use tape if the gimmick works like I think it might. Anyway, will happily discuss this in private with you when I get Window or vice-versa.
Douglas Lippert
samdan
View Profile
Special user
513 Posts

Profile of samdan
Just curious, since this involves a gimmick, there I said it, shouldn't this topic be in tricks and effects and not dvds? Tons of the effects in tricks and effects have dvds but it seemed to me that the distinguishing factor was whether there was a gimmick or just a dvd or book (for that category)--just pointing this out b/c it seems like tricks and effects gets a lot more traffic than does dvd section and this topic seems in the wrong place, at least to me
RooMan
View Profile
Special user
Texas
703 Posts

Profile of RooMan
Quote:
On 2009-07-07 03:16, Socalesq wrote:
Just got Window. Very clever gimmick, very magical looking and fun to play with. Two small complaints: My card doesn't hang flat against the window -- the bottom leans away a bit. And there's a bit of a sound issue. Anyone else have those problems and, if so, what's the fix?

I hope this isn't a common complaint!
Suux88
View Profile
Loyal user
201 Posts

Profile of Suux88
Sound isn't issue, PM I can help fix

Good News all,
Gimmicks are easily makeable, though it may not look as good, but that part is never seen!

Just made one, works like a charm
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » "Window" by David Stone (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7~8~9~10~11~12~13~14 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL