We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » "Window" by David Stone (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..12~13~14 [Next]
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7294 Posts

Profile of paisa23
OK so with this gimmick, how much would you say set up is? Can it be done on any given night at any given bar if a window is provided and you are carrying your gimmick?
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2339 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
Quote:
On 2009-06-29 23:27, Jason :: Ellusionist wrote:
Doug, there is a hand-made precision gimmick already included with the DVD hand made by David Stone and his legion of gaff minions. Okay, I'm lying about the gaff minions, but you do get the gaff / gimmick with Window.

Will be available in about an hour.

Thank you for clarifying Jason. Also, can this be done horizontally on a glass table?
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
http://www.facebook.com/Doug.Lippert
APC
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1150 Posts

Profile of APC
Ordered it...will post reviews when I get it.

Adam
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7294 Posts

Profile of paisa23
OK well I would love to read a few reviews first.
kambiz
View Profile
Inner circle
Perth, down by the cool of the pool
1129 Posts

Profile of kambiz
Looks great guys!
Can the card behind the glass be examined by the spectator after removal from the glass?

Kam
If I speak forth, many a mind will shatter,
And if I write, many a pen will break.
.....and when I consider my own self, lo, I find it coarser than clay!
Paul Carnazzo
View Profile
Inner circle
1115 Posts

Profile of Paul Carnazzo
That looks great...

(scratching head thinking about the method)
remember....always use your powers for good!

http://www.mentalvoyage.com
tdowell
View Profile
Inner circle
1074 Posts

Profile of tdowell
Cha-ching!
jtmorris
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
158 Posts

Profile of jtmorris
This looks really good. If it works like I'm thinking, you could set this up in front of the spectator while they are watching you.
"Looks like a camera trick!" "I had to watch it 5 times before I...still didn't figure it out" - COINTUM-LEAP

Unbelievable, visual, simple, and motivated mix of cards and coins. COINTUM-LEAP
Miraclemakers
View Profile
Special user
INA
684 Posts

Profile of Miraclemakers
I recieved the private message from Mr. Steve about this product, I like card through window effect, I hope it's better than KAOS.
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2416 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
To the creators. In the demos video I believe it is always a 9C and KH. Is the Gaffs such that only two cards can be used ie one performance per night. Can the Gaff be changed either quickly or at all? Thanks
dorval
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of dorval
I received the news this morning, found out ellusionist but also david stone is selling directly for europe via his website. http://www.realsecretsofmagic.com , not even my local magic shop knew it was out but I got mine at lunch break (from jean-luc, I'm in paris) did it 7mn after... it's just so easy and beautifull. my own jaw dropped.
Keith Mitchell
View Profile
Special user
796 Posts

Profile of Keith Mitchell
I saw the sneak peak and I was impress with what I saw. Also, saw that the sneak peak had Subtitles which is what I want more than the trick itself, so can anyone tell me for sure if this DVD includes Subtitles?
Roland78
View Profile
Special user
Torino, Italy
565 Posts

Profile of Roland78
Quote:
On 2009-06-29 21:17, paisa23 wrote:
Are there any limits on Windows \?

Yes, it doesn't work on a Mac.

Dave

PS: Sorry Smile
Seeker
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
578 Posts

Profile of Seeker
This looks amazing...almost too good to be true...but that's David Stone's Magic. I always feel delight when I see him perform. I am waiting for a detailed review that answers all the questions posted so far.

-Jacob
I've been training these cards since they were small.
Jason Brumbalow
View Profile
Regular user
157 Posts

Profile of Jason Brumbalow
Madkiki,

The DVD does include English subtitles (very few) but there is no narration in the teaching section.

That is one of my favorite thing about David and Jean-Luc. They have created this entire DVD free of speech. It is taught in crystal detail through physical motions, multiple angles and gestures.

Very international friendly. It's incredibly easy to get a solid understanding of setup, variations, routining, performance, angles, nuances, etc.
Jason Brumbalow

Director of Product Development, Murphy's Magic

jasonb[at]murphysmagic.com
morpheis91
View Profile
Regular user
Philadelphia
155 Posts

Profile of morpheis91
Quote:

Yes, it doesn't work on a Mac.

That's clever lol I am an I.T. major and when I perform this I might even use that joke, lol
Wilberto Casillas
https://phillymagic.com/products/chapslick
Use code at checkout to save: 'cafeslick'
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1615 Posts

Profile of bugjack
Stone's site links to a second trailer that shows the complete effect:

Click Here!
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
I don't know if I want to know how this trick is done. Smile It looked so amazing that I totally enjoyed being fooled by it.

IMO, this looks like the best card thru window effect I've ever seen. The card freakin' changes right behind the glass! Now, that is impressive.
"If you're going to walk in the rain, don't complain about getting wet!"
Jason Brumbalow
View Profile
Regular user
157 Posts

Profile of Jason Brumbalow
Dan,

Thant's funny you say that. I didn't want to know either. Let's face it, it has been years since a magic effect has given us that special feeling. It was important to me to hold onto that as long as possible.
Jason Brumbalow

Director of Product Development, Murphy's Magic

jasonb[at]murphysmagic.com
Powermagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1418 Posts

Profile of Powermagic
I do not get it, When do we see the card through window? I see a card on other side of glass changing but not a card through window. in the youtube clip he just points to the window and the camera shows it is there. In fact in the very beginning you see the card in the shot back out on the other side of the window.

So is this a CAMERA effect not a real world presentation?
I am getting tired of those effects that look great on video but really would not be practical in normal performing conditions.

Someone review this when you get the product.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » "Window" by David Stone (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..12~13~14 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL