The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » "Window" by David Stone (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11~12~13~14 [Next]
Voldemort
View Profile
Special user
Florida
562 Posts

Profile of Voldemort
I do it most of the time as a "Prediction/ Magician wrong/ Magician makes good" Kind of effect.

I love CTW.. But its a pain in the butt to get set up most times.

Anyway the wrong card to right card effect works great if you put a little presentation behind it.

I've been messing around with a wild card plot useing a Joker. A time machine effect useing 1800 bikes. And a printing card effect with the card starting out as blank and then "Printing" through the window.

V.
"Flight from death"
Buy the WILD AT HEART e-book to help Rachael Columbini here: http://www.lybrary.com/wild-heart-p-76110.html
Jason A
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of Jason A
I love this effect. mind you everything David Stone does is good.
Memory-Jah
View Profile
Inner circle
Mülheim an der Ruhr / Germany
1434 Posts

Profile of Memory-Jah
Is there a possibilities to get a second or third gimmick of the first one is worn?
"Dropping your pants while you set off flash paper may allow your pass to go undetected, but it's still not invisible." - Count Elmsley
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2339 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
Quote:
On 2009-08-15 16:50, Memory-Jah wrote:
Is there a possibilities to get a second or third gimmick of the first one is worn?

Send Ellusionist a ticket. They'll sort you out.
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
http://www.facebook.com/Doug.Lippert
wolfmaster
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of wolfmaster
The effect kinda reminds me tnr from Mathieu Bich. But I think it's very well thought and it works great for me. The only con is that it's not examinable.
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
2018 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
I would like to do this on a car window, but I am sure someone would run on the other side and look in. Is the gimmick concealed or fully exposed from that side? Perhaps it would work best on a house window with no one outside?
The great trouble with magicians is the fact that they believe when they have bought a certain trick or piece of apparatus, and know the method or procedure, that they are full-fledged mystifiers. -- Harry Houdini
DP the Great
View Profile
Regular user
CC, Texas
198 Posts

Profile of DP the Great
So what I understand is that as long as you use some kinda cloth or something for the change, that will eliminate the angle issues? Completely? THanks -DP
D. P. the Great
www.dpandedmagic.com
rochaz
View Profile
Veteran user
I'm TORN.........
378 Posts

Profile of rochaz
DP,
A cloth or silk should cover up the change....after practicing the move/wipe you will get a good idea of what the angles look like.

Of course if you have huge mutant hands that would also work!

:)

Hope this helps!

Respectfully,
rochaz
- We do not want them to suspend disbelief in the way they would in theater and story. We want them to think critically and observe carefully. Our job is to force them to believe in magic even against their better judgment.”
Whit Hayden

:Juan R Rocha:
Miraclemakers
View Profile
Special user
INA
684 Posts

Profile of Miraclemakers
I love the method of this trick, it's so simple.....
defconskylude
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of defconskylude
I'm thinking of selling mine
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2570 Posts

Profile of Robert M
Quote:
On 2009-08-19 13:58, DP the Great wrote:
So what I understand is that as long as you use some kinda cloth or something for the change, that will eliminate the angle issues? Completely? THanks -DP

I use both hands crossed for the change - no angle problems.

Robert
hendramagic
View Profile
Regular user
INDONESIA
140 Posts

Profile of hendramagic
This awesome, I get DVD today and easy to perform and simple preparation. We can use JUMBO CARD for Stage.
totothemagician
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of totothemagician
Just my 2 cents...

watch the way this French magician itroduce the window gimmick. That is just great. He keeps the gimmick in the middle of the pack and just put the piece of tape on it, the he does a weird sleight that keeps the gimmick o the window.. and here you are! I think he is Olmac, the 3rd card FISM 09 winner...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmHJv4DEu9w
muroni
View Profile
New user
france
25 Posts

Profile of muroni
This is not Olmac ...

It s performed by Eric Leblon an other french magician and the effect is called window pro

It look great too and the card is signed , I guess that the gimmick and methode are different

Take care
Muro
james1234
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of james1234
Hmm, I like this, I really do but the sello-tape can rip the back of the card a bit which is annoying and I cant get it to work on double glazing, if anyone has any ideas on how to prevent the ripping and get it to work on double glazing could you om me, thanks a lot
IllusionistErich
View Profile
New user
Clarion PA
12 Posts

Profile of IllusionistErich
Try sticking the tape to your shirt or pants, before sticking it to the card, this makes the tape a little less aggressive. As far as making an extra gimmick I think its totally feasible.
james1234
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of james1234
Ok thanks Smile
Frog Prince
View Profile
New user
Japan/Tokyo
70 Posts

Profile of Frog Prince
Try masking tape.
There is no harm for Cards.

Hope this helps !
Croak..Croak.. Smile
tommeepickles
View Profile
Regular user
New Orleans
163 Posts

Profile of tommeepickles
Quote:
On 2009-09-07 18:48, totothemagician wrote:
Just my 2 cents...

watch the way this French magician itroduce the window gimmick. That is just great. He keeps the gimmick in the middle of the pack and just put the piece of tape on it, the he does a weird sleight that keeps the gimmick o the window.. and here you are! I think he is Olmac, the 3rd card FISM 09 winner...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmHJv4DEu9w

This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by MagicZoom entertainment.
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2570 Posts

Profile of Robert M
Use blue Scotch 3M tape - similar to masking tape. Painters use it.

Robert
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » "Window" by David Stone (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11~12~13~14 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL