The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Most practical set of miniature cups (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Kipee
View Profile
Regular user
UK
156 Posts

Profile of Kipee
I have the mini traditionals, montis, mini ickle pickle in copper etc but my favourites are my Riser midi-traditionals (although I'm on the look out for the original minis if anyone has a set), mini PF (copper or brass) and my 4 lil brass foxy 2s combo-which I use solely for Dominique Duviviers routine...

But I'm always on the hunt for new cups and presentations Smile
Richard Evans
View Profile
Inner circle
1379 Posts

Profile of Richard Evans
Stainless PF minis are my favourites.
I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I only lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three. Elayne Boosler
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Kipee... have you the Johnny Paul cups and his great routine?
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
robbyrob
View Profile
New user
New York, NY
66 Posts

Profile of robbyrob
Hey - I will have to place my vote to the white beauties. I picked up a set recently on ebay and I have to admit - I love them! The moves can be a bit trickier, but they are very light in your pocket and also seem very durable. I wasn't sure about the "mini cup thing" but now I'm ready to spring for a new set - maybe PF minis!
fortasse
View Profile
Inner circle
1201 Posts

Profile of fortasse
Actually there are two different types of Riser minis that I particularly like : the original type which is squat and squarish and in copper, of course. Each cup weighs about 2.5 oz. The inside diameter is about 2 inches. The height is about 2.25 inches. These cups have quite a pronounced side bead and lip. The newer minis that I also like very much were marketed as the Riser "Innocent" minis - so called because although squat and squarish as well, they seem completely innocent of any trickery. There is no lip and not much of a side bead, at least not in the traditional sense. They look rather ordinary (reminiscent of the design of the old Ravel cups). These Riser "Innocent" mini cups have essentially the same dimensions as the original minis (give or take a fraction or two) but seem to be made of a lighter guage copper. They weigh about 2.25 oz. each so the difference in weight is not substantial.

Both types are great for handling although if I had to choose between them, I would go for the original type any day of the week. For practicality, for "feel", and for aesthetic appearance, they are, in my view, the best of the best of the minis.

Fortasse
Doug Peters
View Profile
Special user
I have a life, so I only have
591 Posts

Profile of Doug Peters
I'm a big fan of the PF-minis (these are amazing in size, shape and feel), but if I needed to carry three cups in my pocket, I think I'd prefer to go for the Foxy 1 size (same as the "beauties").
"if you have any answers, it's time to ask harder questions!"
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
Delrin is a super durable material, almost indestructible. It's used quite a bit in the construction of certain parts of illusions. Works great if 2 pieces need to slide against one another. Pretty pricey and harder to get compared to wood or aluminum though. Didn't know they had started making cups out of it though, that's cool.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
I just watched one of my friends here in Nashville do his amazing cups and balls routine with his PF mini copper cups -- djkuttdecks. This is one of the most amazing routines I have ever seen.

He baffled everyone with it.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
rmendez
View Profile
Inner circle
San Antonio, Texas
1253 Posts

Profile of rmendez
As a working professional, I'd have to vote for any of the Delrin Cup sets (Red, Black, White, Yellow, Mixed, etc.) Light weight and virtually indestructable.
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
French Riviera
6811 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
I like John Shryock "Live At Caesars" DVD with his mini cups routine (which differs from Milt Kort), and the only set of mini cups I could use (if only for emotional reasons) is the C&Bs Museum set offered to me by Bill Palmer in March last.
Magic is the art of emotionally sharing live impossible situations
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Thanks very much, Etienne.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Any descriptions of djkuttdeck (?) routine? Of course you're easy to baffle. Smile
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
He posted it to youtube a while back. He is getting ready to put it out on a DVD. He fooled Howie Schwarzman with it.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
French Riviera
6811 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
Carl Cloutier in his World Class Magic VHS was offering his Single Cups and Balls: A routine for the miniature cup and balls where the cup appears, the balls appear, change color, grow and vanish.
Magic is the art of emotionally sharing live impossible situations
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
I've wondered where DJ was hiding! I vaguely remember his routine on YouTube but as I recall it was quite cool! I'll look forward to seeing it again!

Fooled Howie and Bill.... that's a hellava compliment!

MMc
gene plampin
View Profile
Regular user
168 Posts

Profile of gene plampin
What do you think about RNTII's Monti Mini Combo Cups? I'd like to do Mendoza's routine with a combo set, but also be able to do the Loomis routine for the micro chop cup. Will this work or is there something else I should consider?

Thanks,

Gene
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Get one for each. The requirements are different for each one. The combo sets usually come with the Mendoza routine. If not, you can purchase it from Morrissey.

Purchase the micro chop cup routine from Dennis, if you don't have it.

Then you will understand what you need, and why.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

equivoque
View Profile
Special user
862 Posts

Profile of equivoque
What about the milt kort mini cups? Anyone like these?
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3943 Posts

Profile of Julie
The Kort original RNT Mini Combo Cups (as sold by Ireland's/Magic Inc.) are truly wonderful as is the routine supplied; BUT for actually carrying in your pocket or purse for casual social performing I recommend the really small mini cups made of gun metal steel by Mad Jake (Sr.) @ RNT.

These are not combo cups, but are most practical for a quick FUN routine with a traditional single large ball finale' and they are very sturdy.

I don't think many of these were sold during that time period (retail was $100.00 back then)...

Jake also made the small c&b sets for Bill's Museum in brass and another metal (not the gun metal steel) which are comparable in size and not combo's. I don't know if these are still available.

Julie
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
All the voices in my head helped me make
2202 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
My brother's store AirShip Magic has mini stainless steel cups that I CNC'd for him. They're tough as nails.

https://airshipmagic.com/store/home/132-......oon.html

Jake Jr.
Licensed Steve Dusheck Manufacturer and distributor visit www.airshipmagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Most practical set of miniature cups (7 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL