The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Materials for the hank (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

wardmagic
View Profile
Regular user
129 Posts

Profile of wardmagic
I just recieved a video of John Calvert's Casper. I was very disappointed to see there is no mention of the materials used or examples of what thread should be used.
Sean sells a whole spool of thread used for the ultimate dancing hank. IS this the best thread for the effect or should I use something else? Where is the best place to attain the background fabric for the effect?
Thanks
JNeal
View Profile
Inner circle
I used to have 999 posts, now I have
1456 Posts

Profile of JNeal
I don't know what Sean is selling, but pure silk A thread is very strong and very thin. Try a polyester thread which is often three or more strands woven together. Isolate one or two strnads and se if that works for you. Color is black or dark brown.

Backgrounds that are suitable: 'star' curtains with liitle light built into them, mylar ribbon strands, sparkle type fabrics and random patterned material.
visit me @ JNealShow.com
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7363 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I would really suggest Mike Ching's book on the dancing hank. There is a wealth of information in it.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Materials for the hank (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.58 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL