The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Extra $$$ (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mindfreak2.0
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of mindfreak2.0
I'm a little low on extra spending money and was wondering how to make a little extra doing things around my neighborhood.Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Slartibartfast
View Profile
Loyal user
Southern Illinois
230 Posts

Profile of Slartibartfast
Start by going around the neighborhood and knocking on doors to get to know your neighbors. That way you can see who is not home during the day. Those will be the houses you will want to burglarize.

You can also try prostitution. It is possible to literally earn dozens of dollars a day turning tricks in your neighborhood.
If you can pull it off in a biker bar without being violated by a corn dog, more power to you.
-- Gwyd, the Unusual

"YOUR Signature...speaks volumns (sic) as to your lack of understanding."
--T.V.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1192 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2009-07-02 08:29, mindfreak2.0 wrote:
I'm a little low on extra spending money and was wondering how to make a little extra doing things around my neighborhood.Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Make a list of the things you can do, and print up some flyers. Send them around the neighborhood, or go door-to-door knocking and ask people if there's anything they need help with.

Also, on weekends, hit the garage sales and sell stuff on Ebay. Might take a little while to get a handle on what sells, but there's really good potential markup. One thing that's good is clothing from stores like Abercrombie & Fitch, etc., as long as it's in good shape. If you do the garage sale thing, wake up early and hit 'em early...the good stuff goes fast. It's not hard to find things that can sell for $5 to $10 for a dollar or two. Doesn't sound like much, but the markup is good...multiply by 10, and who knows? I had a friend who make $200 to $300 a week this way.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5022 Posts

Profile of landmark
Lawn mowing, garage cleaning, waiting on line for concert tickets for people, child care, put on a magic show, grocery shopping for people, tutor a school subject, give music lessons, sell photos you've taken, give psychic readings, organize a sports league, teach old people how to use a computer, walk and feed pets for people who go on vacation, get a part time job at the local mall . . . It might help if we knew how old you are, but this should get you started. Good luck!
Futureal
View Profile
Inner circle
1630 Posts

Profile of Futureal
Make an impact on people.
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2492 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Hang out in groups of strangers being a pain in the butt. Let them know if they pay you, you will leave.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3245 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Quote:
On 2009-07-02 20:31, Futureal wrote:
Make an impact on people.

... I find a truncheon works well. Then take their wallet.
*due to The Magic Cafe's editorial policies, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
who wants four fried chickens and a coke
1875 Posts

Profile of kcg5
Babysit
Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!!!!!

"History will be kind to me, as I intend to write it"- Sir Winston Churchill
Futureal
View Profile
Inner circle
1630 Posts

Profile of Futureal
Style Trump's hair.
Matthew Townsend
View Profile
Inner circle
1302 Posts

Profile of Matthew Townsend
I used to charge £5 for every car I used to wash. did it once a week and made about an extra £50 a week.

Depends on what you want to do. manual labour, entertainemnt, caring.

The possibilities are endless!!!!!

Peace & Love

Matt
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
who wants four fried chickens and a coke
1875 Posts

Profile of kcg5
Post a list of untrue things and get someone to pay you for each post made in that thread
Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!!!!!

"History will be kind to me, as I intend to write it"- Sir Winston Churchill
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1999 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
Quote:
On 2009-07-04 06:58, Matthew Shepherd wrote:
I used to charge £5 for every car I used to wash. did it once a week and made about an extra £50 a week.

"£"? Stop making things up, that's not even a real letter. Go back to outer space crazy guy. this is 'Merica!
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1999 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
Also he didn't ask for extra £££. It's like saying you were paid in monopoly money.
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
Nosher
View Profile
Loyal user
261 Posts

Profile of Nosher
If you're not scared of heights, window washing and gutter clearing can get you a bit of spending money.
Escapemaster-in-chief from all sorts of houdingplaces - Finnegans Wake
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Extra $$$ (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL