The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Singularity: Alvo Stockman (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Acecardician
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1342 Posts

Profile of Acecardician
Good info, thanks.

ACE
pablovaldes
View Profile
Loyal user
Mexico
206 Posts

Profile of pablovaldes
What are the reactions of singularity?
Exactly the same reactions that for the ID. Exactly.

Someone was asking if the spread is as smooth as the ID. My answer is that it doesn´t matter, laypeople won´t say: I saw other magicican and he spreads the cards more smoothly. Your reaction as I said it is going to be the same.
I am a worker and I love singluarity, I can ask my audience to handle the deck and to shuffle it, I like that, I like to know I don´t have to carry other deck, I love I can do this effect now wherever I want, I love I can fool some magicians that don´t know this existed, but let me resume, for lay people, this is exactly, the same effect as an ID. Your choice.

Best,
Pablo
Wonderful things do happen
Magic is so relative, that we all think we know what it is
@pablovaldes
Acecardician
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1342 Posts

Profile of Acecardician
Pablo, great review, as I like "moves" I am just about ready to get this.
Thanks to all for answering my questions and letting me know what's up. I can do the Svengalli and the blank deck with a regular deck. Now all I need is this, and then I will be a one deck man! The idea is great, and has been around for a while, but this seems to be the way to go. I don't like Mike Closes method.
I hope it is not like that. When I do ID for walk around, after corporate executives see it they run and get the president of the company and make me do it for them. And my hands get burned like you would not believe. So that is why I like ID so much. But maybe I can do Singularity, and if I need to follow up, I can use ID. Until I see where I can do it with enough confidence to not get caught.

ACE
studentoflife
View Profile
Veteran user
Paris, France
310 Posts

Profile of studentoflife
You say any card?
You say no cut?
If it's a kind of cull and reverse what happens if the named card is 1st or 2nd on top or bottom of the deck?
Really any card? Really not cut?
- Y
<BR>"Nothing is difficult...it's all about what you want, and how bad you want it."
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5718 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
I suppose that my main concern isn't about mastering the turnover of the card, but rather finding the location of the selection in a borrowed, shuffled deck. I'd have to see an unedited demo of the effect, using a borrowed deck that was well shuffled by a spectator. It just sounds too good to be true.
Suux88
View Profile
Loyal user
201 Posts

Profile of Suux88
Quote:
On 2009-07-20 16:45, Alan Munro wrote:
I suppose that my main concern isn't about mastering the turnover of the card, but rather finding the location of the selection in a borrowed, shuffled deck. I'd have to see an unedited demo of the effect, using a borrowed deck that was well shuffled by a spectator. It just sounds too good to be true.

I don't get it
you don't shuffle the cards using invisble deck...
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5718 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Quote:
On 2009-07-20 16:51, Suux88 wrote:
Quote:

I don't get it
you don't shuffle the cards using invisble deck...

I'm talking about Singularity, not the Invisible Deck. The topic hasn't been changed.
Kevvy
View Profile
Special user
702 Posts

Profile of Kevvy
Quote:
On 2009-07-17 09:23, yif wrote:
You say any card?
You say no cut?
If it's a kind of cull and reverse what happens if the named card is 1st or 2nd on top or bottom of the deck?
Really any card? Really not cut?

Nobody said that is the method. Rather than fish, why not just purchase the dvd. IMHO, it is very good.
Kevvy
View Profile
Special user
702 Posts

Profile of Kevvy
Quote:

As people have repeatedly stated, what you see in the video is exactly what the spec sees. The demo is unedited. The only thing that could be considered 'missing' from the video would be a spectator simply telling Alvo the thought of card at the beginning of the demo.
Kevvy
View Profile
Special user
702 Posts

Profile of Kevvy
And yes, with some practice, you will be able to find the selection in a borrowed, shuffled deck.
Acecardician
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1342 Posts

Profile of Acecardician
Anyone want to sell theirs used but in good working order?
pm me.

ACE
Maloney
View Profile
Special user
Newfoundland, Canada
709 Posts

Profile of Maloney
I'd hazzard to guess that this looks super clean, just because it's Alvo.

I'll be picking this one up.
The Magic and Illusion of Jordan Maloney
"Experience the Unexplainable"

www.jordanmaloney.com

Go check it out!
Acecardician
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1342 Posts

Profile of Acecardician
Okay, I'm getting ready to order one new from Penguin. I'll post after I get it and tried it out.

ACE
Alvo
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of Alvo
Thanks everyone for your interest, I'm happy to answer any questions about Singularity.

ACE,

Sounds like your hands get burned when you perform. With enough practice, you have less to worry about with Singularity than with the gimmicked deck (especially with grabby spectators - since it's a regular deck).

Also, this week I will be posting a supplementary video with a few extra tips that I forgot to include on the DVD that make it easier and more bullet-proof while you're still improving your technique.

Finally, after watching the DVD if you're interested I'm happy to have a short Skype video-consultation with you.

Alvo
Acecardician
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1342 Posts

Profile of Acecardician
I got it! While I can do it after the first night, I am far from being able to do it for the public. It is just going to take a lot of practice. Just one of the things to do every time a pick up a deck of cards, which is every day! I'm pretty happy with it. While not something you can perform right out of the starting line, I knew this going in, and am happy to practice. If I can do one hand faro's and raise-rise, this is going to be easy.

I don't have grabby spectators. Not since I was a teenager. And that was a long time ago, lol. Now when I work corporate gigs, I walk from group to group repeating the same material over and over. So I sometimes have the ones who follow me and 'burn' my hands. They are trying to see if I turn it over. I try to do something different when I remember them, but sometimes I just have to do ID again. That is why ID is good, and Singularity should also be good for repeat performances.

ACE
in flames
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto
1028 Posts

Profile of in flames
Who's Alvo? Never heard of him so I wont buy.
Acecardician
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1342 Posts

Profile of Acecardician
Quote:
On 2009-08-03 03:07, in flames wrote:

Go to penguinmagic.com and you can see some his stuff and videos. One does not have to be a big name to put something good out. And there are some "big names" that I refuse to buy their stuff for many reasons. So far Alvo is a very likable person, and accessible, as seen in his post above. That is very important in my opinion. Some of these other "big names" make themselves not accessible to someone like me who works magic full time, enough to help support originators because I work so much. Magic is also my hobby and passion, and I continually buy lots of new magic stuff every few days.

I did ask a lot of questions early in this thread, and they were answered to my satisfaction, so I bought this. I gave my review above. I forgot to say the more I watched Alvo, the more I liked the guy, he grows on you. He is one of the modern day "thinkers". I don't have time to think with my hectic show schedule, so I depend on guys like this to supply me with cutting edge magic for my public. Even all the TV magicians had a creative team to invent them new Illusions. I'm talking as far back as mark Wilson and Doug Henning. I'll be looking forward to more of Alvo's releases.

ACE
John Jerde
View Profile
Regular user
177 Posts

Profile of John Jerde
This trick is not for me. Anyone interested in buying my watched once used copy?
Jeff Corn
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1190 Posts

Profile of Jeff Corn
Quote:

Glad no one ever applied that theory to Vernon, Marlo, Slydini, Malone, Williamson, Sankey, etc.
Yes, that is my real name. Yes, I am a real person. No, you probably won't agree with me.
Acecardician
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1342 Posts

Profile of Acecardician
Quote:
On 2009-08-13 11:10, Jeff Corn wrote:
Quote:

Glad no one ever applied that theory to Vernon, Marlo, Slydini, Malone, Williamson, Sankey, etc.

Who are they? Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Singularity: Alvo Stockman (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL