The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Ideas for exchanging wine glasses (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Drew Manning
View Profile
Special user
Dallas, Texas
913 Posts

Profile of Drew Manning
Andrew, you might check out the magic nook site. Spellbinder has an e book on there that is the "anti mirror" glass. It serves the same purposes, but is more deceptive and is easily made yourself for not much money.
I live my life for a layer of ice
Just like those poured by my bartender vice
Any taste of vermouth would be really sublime,
When you have a good martini time!

-The Reverend Horton Heat
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2643 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
I'll be sure and check it out - thanks!
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
1597 Posts

Profile of PatrickGregoire
Paul Romhany's Ricki Dunn's Drink Trick is 100% worth the price! I have one and I use it in EVERY show as a closer (When I am not performing Joe Givan's Ring in Gumball Machine) and it never fails to get laughs galore.

For your initial query, you should just buy a regular mirror glass, unless you must hand it out afterwards. It's just a transparent glass that has a vertical division halfway through and it's reflective. You can have your liquid in one side and from the other side, it looks empty. You place your eggs in the front side, place the silk over the glass and when it's under cover, you spin it 180. Whip the silk off and reveal the liquid. They make some with lids so that whatever you put in the front compartment can then be sealed off, thus you can pour out your liquid at the end, keeping the second compartment towards the audience, and nothing will come out of the first compartment. The one I own only has a small opening for the first compartment, so all I can use is liquids (I pour it in the little hole). I'm not sure if they have any glasses with larger holes so that you could pop some eggs in there, but it's nice to know if you're planning on making your own or modifying one you'll possibly buy.
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2643 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
Thanks Patrick! I did end up buying a mirror glass on eBay to try this out. I don't believe it comes with a lid (I haven't received it yet) but I have been thinking about that since my initial idea was to be able to pour some of the liquid out or drink it. The problem with drinking it is that I would have to do it from the far side of the glass so as not to flash the broken egg pieces. Isn't that supposed to be a cure for hiccups? Smile

I can't believe I hadn't thought of this whole idea earlier - the first time I ever performed for an audience I closed with a houlette routine a la Martin Lewis with my own ending added onto it. I still watch the video of that and impress myself, so you'd think this would have occurred to me!
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
1597 Posts

Drinking the liquid from the compartment on their side isn't an issue. I do it in my nutrition shows. I change coke into milk and then drink the milk. You just have to turn your left side to the audience and drink with the second compartment facing straight at them. That's it.
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2643 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
Ah, that makes sense! Thanks Patrick Smile
jlevey
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
2133 Posts

Profile of jlevey
I have Romhany's Drink effect and it's been a winner for me and my audiences.

Well made, excellent instructional DVD (as always with Romhany's effects).

Definitely worth the price.

Jonathan
Jonathan
Max & Maxine Entertainment
Magicians with a touch of comedy!
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
8517 Posts

Profile of funsway
A different approach if you don't have to drink the wine is to make a feke out of clear plastic film filled with runny Jello to look like wine. You can load, palm and toss this feke around and drop it into the glass. It will conform to the shape of the glass and its dark color will hide the shells and egg. The wine will even appear to slosh around a bit. If the glass is tapered smaller at the top you can even tip it over without the feke falling out for a vanish if desired.

Why Jello -- if it happens to puncture on the shells you won't have a mess and it locks into the glass. I used to do a silk to wine in this manner.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

ShareBooks at www.eversway.com * questions at funsway@eversway.com
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24098 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I bet a Foo Can method will work.
Drew Manning
View Profile
Special user
Dallas, Texas
913 Posts

Profile of Drew Manning
Quote:
On 2009-07-08 21:07, funsway wrote:
A different approach if you don't have to drink the wine is to make a feke out of clear plastic film filled with runny Jello to look like wine. You can load, palm and toss this feke around and drop it into the glass. It will conform to the shape of the glass and its dark color will hide the shells and egg. The wine will even appear to slosh around a bit. If the glass is tapered smaller at the top you can even tip it over without the feke falling out for a vanish if desired.

Why Jello -- if it happens to puncture on the shells you won't have a mess and it locks into the glass. I used to do a silk to wine in this manner.

Thanks for the tip Smile I've been having a hard time capping off the martini glasses I've been playing with because of the shape. I bet this would work nicely for "full" glass productions with them as well Smile
I live my life for a layer of ice
Just like those poured by my bartender vice
Any taste of vermouth would be really sublime,
When you have a good martini time!

-The Reverend Horton Heat
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2643 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
Who woulda thought my little question would generate such a response?
I'm touched! Smile
I'm also dropping this whole routine. It's stupid. Just kidding! Lots of suggestions to play with. I'm going to start with the mirror glass and see where that takes me. I definitely love the idea of a glass a la Romhany. When I have the coin that one will be on my list as well.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4407 Posts

Profile of videoman
You may want to check into this mirror goblet. It says it is sealed so you should be able to drink the liquid and not spill any egg. Kind of pricey but less than Romhany's!

http://madhattermagicshop.com/magicshop/......s_id=263
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2643 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
Very good to know! If the one I've ordered doesn't do the trick I may look into getting this one next. Thanks for the link!
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
1597 Posts

A simple solution for sealing up the eggs: sl**h **w*r. Just keep the bottom of the glass hidden by holding it there. The eggs will be affected behind the cover of your hand and they won't fall out when you pour out whatever it will transform into.
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
1597 Posts

I meant sl**h **w*er.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Ideas for exchanging wine glasses (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL