We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Messiah vanish (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

sirref
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of sirref
Is there anywhere I can learn the messiah vanish without buying the video? or is the video worth buying?
James Harrison
View Profile
Special user
Ontario, Canada
762 Posts

Profile of James Harrison
yes the video is worth while.
nalu_magic
View Profile
Loyal user
Paradise
296 Posts

Profile of nalu_magic
If you are referring to Best of Sankey vol.2 then yes, I'd say to get the video/DVD. Sankey breaks down the Messiah Vanish and teaches other great sleights like the Witchita Slip and same great routines such as Back in Time.
Catbacker
View Profile
Regular user
Manhattan, KS
145 Posts

Profile of Catbacker
Sankey also teaches it in his Revoultionary Coin Magic video if you are interested in purely coin magic.

Scott
"Of course, that's just my opinion... I could be wrong." Dennis Miller
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3025 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
The only thing unqiue (and the only thing Sankey claims) is his recovery from the move.

The actual vanish move itself you can find right in Bobo's.
Click to visit:
odroj88
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of odroj88
Dan, do you know the specific name of the move in bobos because Jay does not go into details about the actual vanish on the Revolutionary Coin Magic tape and it looks to akward in my hands.

I know its suppost to look a little akward to add the effect when it is not in your other hand, but my rendition really looks ridiculous. Thanks in Advance.
Odrj88
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3025 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
The basic vanish Sankey uses is a variation of the vanish that can be found in Frank M. Chapman's "The Smart Coin", Bobo's pg. 83.

Steve Draun has a nice little handling that uses a similar concealment called a Perfect Coin Vanish. Click the name of the routine to view it. In my opinion it looks better, and the recovery is better than Sankey's version.

For those who want the work on Draun's routine it is in the April 2002 issue of MAGIC magazine in the Talk About Tricks section.
Click to visit:
carlb
View Profile
New user
Seattle
77 Posts

Profile of carlb
Ahh.. so now I know what you are all talking about. As Dan says, right out of Bobo's. I just received Sankey's 45 yesterday and saw his handling. It does look nice in Sankey's hands but Steve Draun's is cleaner and more precise, on the other hand, the latter leaves very little options for the audience in terms of false explanations so I might actually prefer Sankey's handling. So why is everyone calling this the Messiah Vanish?
ixnay66
View Profile
Inner circle
Denver
1479 Posts

Profile of ixnay66
Sankey's recovery happens on the offbeat while Steve Drauns uses cozy handwashing. I like Sankey's handling better.
dillib
View Profile
Elite user
476 Posts

Profile of dillib
Draun's version looks more elegant though..
frogman
View Profile
New user
Asheville, NC
35 Posts

Profile of frogman
I use a "recovery" of asking the spectator to cup their hands, and in demonstrating how they should cup them, the coin is recovered. Done on the off beat and timed right, it gets the job done without any suspicion. I then just rub my hands together and the coin drops into their cupped hands. Just another variation to end it.
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3021 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
This one that has to be practiced a lot! I have been fairly quick at picking up sleights. I thought I was getting this one down, then I videotaped my performance. No audience, just me. I sucked! Time for more practice!

Dan, Thanks for including the link, great download! Steve made that move look magical!
DJP
View Profile
Veteran user
London
391 Posts

Profile of DJP
The Revolutionary Coin Magic of Jay Sankey will be available on DVD in September /October time i believe, you will learn Sankey's tips for presentation and use of misdirection to make this classic effect come to life without the need for the handerchief.

Regards
David
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Messiah vanish (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL