The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » T.U.C Tango Ultimate Coin (43 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19~20~21~22~23..33..42..51..60..69..71~72~73 [Next]
Hare
View Profile
Veteran user
321 Posts

Profile of Hare
I believe Mr. Tango once mentioned the possibility of a combined TUC/SS gimmick being introduced.
"Better described in The Amateur Magician's Handbook"
jbz
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of jbz
For those that have purchased the Walking Liberty TUC, is the coin fairly soft? Does it have a nice amount of patina on it or is it more of an uncirculated condition?
ljsviol
View Profile
Veteran user
345 Posts

Profile of ljsviol
Quote:
On 2011-02-26 22:47, jbz wrote:
For those that have purchased the Walking Liberty TUC, is the coin fairly soft? Does it have a nice amount of patina on it or is it more of an uncirculated condition?

jbz
I've got a Walking Liberty TUC on the way; once it arrives, I'll let you know how it seems to me (a data point of only one, of course).

Larry S.
BanzaiMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1339 Posts

Profile of BanzaiMagic
Quote:
On 2011-02-22 23:40, Hare wrote:
I believe Mr. Tango once mentioned the possibility of a combined TUC/SS gimmick being introduced.

Some time ago I purchased a sh****d s***l to match my Morgan TUC. Mr. Tango sent me a sh****d slippery Sam instead (he apparently believes that the SS works better with his TUC). My only complaint is that the SS is somewhat looser than I expected (probably an unfair comparison with my vacuum fit Lassen gaffs), and given the looser fit, SS is probably the better bet. The SS matches my Uncirc TUC quite well.

FYI you probably will need to get this directly from Mr. Tango and Mr. Tango is very responsive to PM's here on the Café.

Regards,

Alan
ljsviol
View Profile
Veteran user
345 Posts

Profile of ljsviol
Quote:
On 2011-02-26 22:47, jbz wrote:

jbz,
My Walking Liberty TUC arrived and I've had a chance to work with it a bit. To answer your above questions:
1. 'softness' - I'm not very experienced here, but to my ears the TUC I have is as quiet (or quieter) than the real (and well-worn) Walking Liberty (WL) halves I have, in terms of coins speaking against each other. I think the TUC is a bit lighter in weight, which seems to make it easier to move quietly, as well.

2. Patina: definitely not UNC condition. Enough wear on the face so the the Liberty figure is smoothed down a bit; the eagle on the reverse has some wear, but still a good bit of detail on the wings. My real WL coins have a lot more tarnish in the crevices; the TUC is cleaner.

Of course, probably every coin is slightly different. I'm pleased with this one. And it works well. -)

By the way, it has a round ... you-know.

Larry S.
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
Greenwich (CT)
6799 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
Tango's TUC is a gem. Funsway's book of routines using the TUC (on Lulu.com) inclusdes more routine than we will ever be able to perform.
Magic is the art of proving impossible things in parallel dimensions that can't be reached
Mr. Tango
View Profile
Elite user
Argentina
464 Posts

Profile of Mr. Tango
Hello Friends

I will in San Francisco May 1 and 2, I will be available to give a lecture there. Let me know if somebody has interest.

Bye

Mr Tango
Mr. Tango
View Profile
Elite user
Argentina
464 Posts

Profile of Mr. Tango
Hello friend, next week I'll be lecturing at 4 F with my TUC, somebody go there ?
hbenod
View Profile
Regular user
174 Posts

Profile of hbenod
Mr. Tango:

Are you planning to attend "Magic Live" in Las Vegas as a dealer? I'd love to see you there and see personally some of your creations.

Thanks,

hbenod
Mr. Tango
View Profile
Elite user
Argentina
464 Posts

Profile of Mr. Tango
Sorry but I'm not going to Magic Live. I was in 4 F and I'm planing another tour lecture for next year.
Mr. Tango
View Profile
Elite user
Argentina
464 Posts

Profile of Mr. Tango
Hello friends,

I can believe the quantity of people entered to this post, more than 44.000 view, I think we can ask to Steve Brooks that open an area exclusivelly for TUC users. That would be great.

I receive some questions about routines using more than one TUC. I have to say that I use only one in 99 per cent of the routines that I perform, but if you want to produce a large quantity of coins as final of your routine, you can use 10 TUC and 20 coins will appear so so so easy.
Mr. Tango
View Profile
Elite user
Argentina
464 Posts

Profile of Mr. Tango
This is an interview for Murphy's TV about TUC.

http://tv.murphysmagic.com/Video.aspx?id=204
Sammy J.
View Profile
Inner circle
Castle Rock, Colorado
1786 Posts

Profile of Sammy J.
Mr. Tango,
It is obvious that you created a masterpiece with TUC. I congratulate you on a brilliant invention!

Sammy
Sammy J. Teague
Mr. Tango
View Profile
Elite user
Argentina
464 Posts

Profile of Mr. Tango
Dear Sammy,

I don't know if I invented a masterpiece, but I'm sure that you create a incredible post, it has more than 45.000 visits.
FlightRisk
View Profile
Loyal user
North Carolina
293 Posts

Profile of FlightRisk
Should the TUC allow the move whether the coin is in head/tails, double headed configuration? Mine will only work with the head in. Obviously the rounded relief on the head rocks perfectly against the thing is it supposed to rock against. But with the tail in, no go. Obviously the surface of the eagle is more flat, almost concave. In fact, if I put the inner piece on the table face up and press, I can see that it moves down just like the [ does if you do the adjustment. I tried the adjustment procedure on the [ and that makes the face in effect too loose and the face out effect still not work, but at least gives me some clearance so I can get my fingernail in there to get it out. The reason I ask all this is that I thought the DVD gave a routine that showed a double headed effect.

Also, due to the principle involved, should the gaff be stored together or apart? I don't want to reduce it's power.
BanzaiMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1339 Posts

Profile of BanzaiMagic
Quote:
On 2011-06-24 16:52, FlightRisk wrote:
Also, due to the principle involved, should the gaff be stored together or apart? I don't want to reduce it's power.

To answer your question, I did a search and came up with this interesting post:
Quote:
I've several magnets - the phrase "keeper" is often used to ensure that the magnet doesn't lose it's strength.

For example I've a very powerful magnet for my archery kit (to test the straightness of arrows). That's over 20 years old and still as strong.

Coins, on the other hand, seem to leak. I overcome this by periodically using a very strong magnet (with the right polarity) stuck against the weaker magnets in the coins/okito box etc.

My Gibson Coin unique and nest of coins is kept with a "keeper" and never let me down, where recently I've found a old half dollar (PK Coin) that seems to have lost is magnetic properties.

A few hours next to the very strong magnet and all worked fine again.

Depends on what the manufacture used for the magnetic inserts - sometimes (in my experience) the magnets are inferior (perhaps by design) quality and lose their magnetism over time.

You can also reduce magnetic pull by heat, dropping them (this can cause magnetic dipoles to simply mis-align - at a molecular level - sounds weird - but look up a basic physic book and you'll find how to reduce magnetic pull - it doesn't shatter - just the nature of magnetic materials.

I was looking for a different thread, but instead found something I didn't know.

The thread the above came from is here: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......m=202&16

Alan
BanzaiMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1339 Posts

Profile of BanzaiMagic
I second Sammy's sentiments, Mr. Tango. The TUC was a flash of true brilliance.
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9633 Posts

Profile of funsway
Quote:
On 2011-06-24 16:52, FlightRisk wrote:
Should the TUC allow the move whether the coin is in head/tails, double headed configuration? Mine will only work with the head in. Obviously the rounded relief on the head rocks perfectly against the thing is it supposed to rock against. But with the tail in, no go. Obviously the surface of the eagle is more flat, almost concave. In fact, if I put the inner piece on the table face up and press, I can see that it moves down just like the [ does if you do the adjustment. I tried the adjustment procedure on the [ and that makes the face in effect too loose and the face out effect still not work, but at least gives me some clearance so I can get my fingernail in there to get it out. The reason I ask all this is that I thought the DVD gave a routine that showed a double headed effect.

The are numerous effects in T.U.C. Appreciation is which the Leaf parity is switched. This not only works Ok but is essential to some sleights. Personally, I have never had a problem getting the Leaf out either way.

PM me if you continue to have problems.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
PhilMagicGuy
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of PhilMagicGuy
This thread was a huge help and motivating factor in picking up one a TUC for myself. Thanks to all. I've got a nice little routine worked out (roughly-so, I've only had this a week) and will hopefully post a video link soon.
mysterious_guy
View Profile
New user
98 Posts

Profile of mysterious_guy
Does anyone have any experiences with the £2 T.U.C? Is the insert deceptive enough?

Also, am I right in thinking I can combine this with a regular expanded shell? Or do I have to order a special shell to fit this coin?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » T.U.C Tango Ultimate Coin (43 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19~20~21~22~23..33..42..51..60..69..71~72~73 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL