The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Crimped bottom or extra card in deck? Preferences? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
PsychoJack
View Profile
New user
36 Posts

Profile of PsychoJack
Marked Crimped bottom card.
magicdano
View Profile
Regular user
Danny Habel
145 Posts

Profile of magicdano
I don't know the Truffle Shuffle. Could somebody give a reference to where I can read about it? Thanks
Josh Chaikin
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City
1430 Posts

Profile of Josh Chaikin
Dennis Loomis
View Profile
1943 - 2013
2113 Posts

Profile of Dennis Loomis
To Stephen,

I seldom do a "set" routine of close up magic. I'm primarily a stand up performer and usually do close up in the context of walk-around. But I do agree that it's a good idea to do some effects with a straight deck during which time you have the deck shuffled by spectators quite thoroughly. Then, if you switch in a memdeck the issue of a stacked deck is pretty much killed.

I've seldom used a deck with a joker in it. I save the Jokers for my packet trick: Joker's Oil and Water. While I don't normally like to introduce a small packet of cards to do an effect with, when I take out the six jokers I say: I don't normally use the Jokers which come with the deck but I ended up with a bunch on hand and thought I'd figure out a way to use them.

Dennis Loomis
Itinerant Montebank
<BR>http://www.loomismagic.com
Herr Brian Tabor
View Profile
Special user
West Virginia
726 Posts

Profile of Herr Brian Tabor
Where can I find what a scallop short is?
diehards2080
View Profile
Loyal user
Brooklyn, New York
256 Posts

Profile of diehards2080
Quote:
On 2010-08-25 04:30, J.Warrens wrote:
I don't add an extra card in the deck.

I use Martin Nash's "Infinity Crimp". The work is put in about 0.5 of a second, and can be taken out just as easily.

The best technique I've ever used for this, and that's saying a lot - I've tried many over the years.

Cheers.

I second the Infinity Crimp. IMO the best crimp I have used so far. I wish I would have discovered it sooner.

Before Infinity I used a corner short card.

Quote:
On 2010-09-13 19:05, Herr Brian Tabor wrote:
Where can I find what a scallop short is?

Check out The Vernon Chronicles by Stephen Minch Vol 1 Pg 8
Herr Brian Tabor
View Profile
Special user
West Virginia
726 Posts

Profile of Herr Brian Tabor
Diehards2080

Thanks!
Danny Archer
View Profile
V.I.P.
Philly
619 Posts

Profile of Danny Archer
Quote:
Dennis Loomis
P. S. This applies in spades to keeping the deck in it's case without it being in home position. You get to flash a random card on the bottom as you remove the cards from the box. Then you do a legitimate (?) straight cut before you do anything else. This may even throw off other magicians.

When I uncase the deck the 6H is the face card... then when I spread face up to show the cards I can quickly go by all the three Jack and the two tens...
Dennis Loomis
View Profile
1943 - 2013
2113 Posts

Profile of Dennis Loomis
Hi Danny,
Yes, I'm always a little careful of letting folks see the bank of ten cards for the ten card poker deal. All of those tens, jacks, and fours together. When I'm thumbing through the deck face up, I try to keep that area bunched up.

I like your idea of putting the deck away with the 6H on the face. But I probably don't have the discipline to remember to do that when I'm casing the deck.

Dennis Loomis
Itinerant Montebank
<BR>http://www.loomismagic.com
mrehula
View Profile
Loyal user
205 Posts

Profile of mrehula
Whenever I have a deck that I'm dedicating for the Aronson stack, I shorten the Jack of Spades (to accommodate the false shuffle I use) and I put a dot on the Queen of Hearts. However, I've started using a Wild marked deck, so I'm not sure what I'll do in the future.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Crimped bottom or extra card in deck? Preferences? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL