The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Altoid Smalls as a Coin Case... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

sdmagic
View Profile
Special user
684 Posts

Profile of sdmagic
Pick up one of those tins of Altoids "smalls"... they are just the right size to hold 4 1/2 dollar coins and a ], some string for t+r thread, and a few other small props. Very pocketable. It would also be great for a Mercury-folded card.

You may want to line it with some felt to protect your coins.

Anyone else used these containters?

sdmagic
sdmagic
View Profile
Special user
684 Posts

Profile of sdmagic
Ooops... the word is containers... not containters... fat fingered it.
magicnix
View Profile
New user
North Eastern CA
51 Posts

Profile of magicnix
That is a neat idea. Thanks for sharing. I bet you could spray paint the tin then cover it with a quick spray of clear coat for a unique look.
Sword of the Soldier
View Profile
Elite user
437 Posts

Profile of Sword of the Soldier
I keep a folded card inside one of these for a "card to ringbox" type effect that I saw was published in the Magic Menu. The lid swings very easily for a surprisingly convincing release. Never really thought to put coins and such inside...hmm
Dreadnought
View Profile
Special user
Athens, Georgia
836 Posts

Profile of Dreadnought
I use one for the hummer card.
Peace

"Ave Maria gratia plena Dominus tecum..."

Scott

Would you do anything for the person you love?
Rich B.
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia
632 Posts

Profile of Rich B.
Check David Regal's "Approaching Magic" book for a nesting Altoid boxes signed card effect.

Rich B.
Rock_Slatestone
View Profile
Regular user
Been Here A While But My Post Count Is
120 Posts

Profile of Rock_Slatestone
Quote:
On 2009-07-13 20:04, magicnix wrote:
That is a neat idea. Thanks for sharing. I bet you could spray paint the tin then cover it with a quick spray of clear coat for a unique look.

Speaking of Spray Paint, I just tried a new product by Rust-Oleum that has a new handle and spray nozzle on it. You can spray the paint from any direction even have the can upside down.

I highly recommend it.

Steven
Sammy J.
View Profile
Inner circle
Castle Rock, Colorado
1785 Posts

Profile of Sammy J.
I know this is an older thread, but I found that this container works great for "CAPtivated" if you're just carrying two bottle caps. The effect comes with a similiar case, but the Altoid Smalls case is about a third smaller.

Sammy
Sammy J. Teague
Skotster
View Profile
Regular user
Belle Vernon, Pennsylvania
109 Posts

Profile of Skotster
I've never thought of the altoids as a case. I have been using the smalls can in place of a match box for "over, under, and in matchbox" trick
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Altoid Smalls as a Coin Case... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL