The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Idea of forcing (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicpatoche
View Profile
New user
32 Posts

Profile of magicpatoche
Hello
I am working on a routine influenced by Flip who was lecturing in my magic ring about 14 years ago... I need some help with the forcing.

I do table magic in a restaurant and bar. This would be a bar routine.

Effect goes as follows:

A spectator chooses a card from a blank deck that has different alcohol brands written on each card. Let's say he chooses a bottle of Corona Beer.

In full view on the side, I have an envelop that reads "Prediction". Spectator shows his card to every one. I then open the prediction and a picture of the alcohol chosen is revealed. I put the picture back in the envelop and close it. Magic gesture over envelop... (I am still working on pattern at the moment), open it again and ask spectator to take photograph himself from envelop. Now photo is blank and envelop is empty. I reach in and take out a real bottle of corona.
I open the bottle and serve to a guest. I follow up with Prohibition from Charlie Justice.

Ok so basically I am looking at a very clean force where I wouldn't have to touch the deck. I want to show that all cards are different and then I want them to choose a card without me touching it again. Was thinking of a change bag but I don't like the guilty look of a change bag. What do you think? Heard of a cap change. Would that work? I am really looking at something genuine and not suspicious at all. Any thoughts?

Thank you
Patrick
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2630 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
Think simple. Two excellent forces where the magician doesn't touch the deck are the cross-cut force and the cut deeper force (Balducci?). Either of those look harmless and are quite effective for lay people.
Steven Keyl - The Human Whisperer!

B2B Magazine Test!

Best impromptu progressive Ace Assembly ever!

"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." --Mark Twain
magicpatoche
View Profile
New user
32 Posts

Profile of magicpatoche
True, thought of cross cut. Was actually looking for something more powerful. Not aware of the cut deeper force...
BarryFernelius
View Profile
Inner circle
Still learning, even though I've made
2537 Posts

Profile of BarryFernelius
Since you're using a special deck anyway, use a variation on the Cut Deeper force using one double backer.

This gives you a nice looking, hands off force.
"To achieve great things, two things are needed: a plan and not quite enough time."

-Leonard Bernstein
BarryFernelius
View Profile
Inner circle
Still learning, even though I've made
2537 Posts

Profile of BarryFernelius
Magicpatoche,

Take a look at the Private Message that I sent to you.

-Barry
"To achieve great things, two things are needed: a plan and not quite enough time."

-Leonard Bernstein
QuailCreek
View Profile
Veteran user
McKenna, WA
388 Posts

Profile of QuailCreek
Another way to go would be to use a switch type wallet. Spec picks a card and plces it into the wallet without looking at it. Viola!
Regards,
Silverthorne
slim23
View Profile
Veteran user
309 Posts

Profile of slim23
You clould also create a kind of Svengali deck ( mirage) where they think every card is different but the shorter card are all the card you want to force. The spectator can do the cut. It usually works. Also add some roughing fluid in order to disguise the forced card( all 26 of them).
It's a thought that might need somme deeper thinking in order to work...

Slim
Kex
View Profile
Special user
Arlington, Texas
577 Posts

Profile of Kex
A very clean force where you don't have to touch the deck and you want something more powerful than the cross cut force? That would have been my first and only choice. Ultimately it is what works for you but seriously give it a try. With the right misdirection of time it fools.
Pierre Emmanuel
View Profile
Regular user
114 Posts

Profile of Pierre Emmanuel
Cut Deeper Force is from Christ (Henry, not the other one .. the real magician)
Sanderr
View Profile
Loyal user
Netherlands
201 Posts

Profile of Sanderr
Seems like a nice effect you thought of...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Idea of forcing (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL