We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Steals (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Loyal R
View Profile
Elite user
Canada
417 Posts

Profile of Loyal R
Hello,

I need help for something: Steals. I can't really do a steal, how can I do that? I know some easy steal, but like the JUMBO coins for coins manipulations acts that must be placed in your back, how can you steal that... and stuff like that? I know a lot will say, it's all about misdirection. But... (hard to explain)... I think you know what I mean...

Thanks
Dare to Dream...
JNeal
View Profile
Inner circle
I used to have 999 posts, now I have
1467 Posts

Profile of JNeal
Jumbo coins for manipulation act are not necessarily stolen from the back, indeed they can be secreted many places; waist band, under the front of the jacket, slits in the side seams of pants and numerous other places.

You probably should be reading books (yes books!) such as Hugard's Modern Magic Manual,It's Easier than you Think by Geoffrey Buckingham and Routined Manipulation by Lewis Ganson (all three volumes) among others. These books will show you how the technique of body loads is integrated into a routine. They may not specifically address Jumbo coins, but the ideas are adaptable. Good Luck!
visit me @ JNealShow.com
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11161 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
JNeal's advice to read books is spot on. Lay down a good foundation of knowledge. With that, you can solve many dilemmas such as you speak of in a manner best suited for the act you are constructing. There are many different types of steals from many different load locations, many different times to do the steal, and many different methods of "misdirection", which of course should all be designed to fit your character, and your act.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
There are some innovations that allow a steal in plain site.
on hocus-pocus.com there is a free download called
big finish you may like
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
DanielCoyne
View Profile
Special user
Western Massachussetts
544 Posts

Profile of DanielCoyne
Two resources that I found extremely helpful:

1. Levent's Manipulation DVD.

And you should definitely read Levent’s Fundamental Rules of Stage Magic, an invaluable 1-page manifesto that can be found (for free) linked from the product support center of www.leventmagic.com.

2. Duane Laflin's Silken Sequences and Steals

-Daniel
Loyal R
View Profile
Elite user
Canada
417 Posts

Profile of Loyal R
Thanks everybody!
Dare to Dream...
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24098 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Jeff McBride has a great 3 volume DVD set dealing with coin moves.
ralphs007
View Profile
Inner circle
1087 Posts

Profile of ralphs007
Quote:
On 2009-07-10 21:27, magicians wrote:
There are some innovations that allow a steal in plain site.
on hocus-pocus.com there is a free download called
big finish you may like

Hi
Thanks. I bet this would look great, using a small piece of flash paper, attached to the regular half dollar.
"You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him".
James D. Miles
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Steals (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL