The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » My take on Greg Wilson's recap. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

arios0
View Profile
New user
Lexington, KY
84 Posts

Profile of arios0
Here it is. Patter has changed a little now that I have performed it in public a few times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjdMwfTmK2I
whateverisisright
View Profile
Regular user
Savannah, Georgia
132 Posts

Profile of whateverisisright
I'm glad you've been able to go out and perform this in public. The members of the Café always love to watch live performances - if you ever get a chance, catch one on tape and share.

That being said, we post "wanting" criticism to make us better, so here were my thoughts.

I wouldn't "point out" the fact that there's nothing up your sleeves and that everything's clean. Leave that part out.

Work on the pen-in-the-cap portion and making your dirty hand look a little cleaner. With any of your flip-stick vanishes the dirty hand looked a little cramped.

I'd use the time you spend twirling the pencil at the end to ditch the pen.

It's obvious you've put a lot of practice time into this routine. Keep it up Smile
arios0
View Profile
New user
Lexington, KY
84 Posts

Profile of arios0
Thanks for the advice. I have been trying to make the hand look more natural. I have been playing with a few different type of ditches. I will try doing it during the spinning. I have also just tried putting the pencil and pen in pocket at the end. I end my set with bill in sharpie cap so I put it in walk away make as a joke without giving borrowed bill. Come back spin with right hand then say joke and try with left. I finally drop the pencil and end with sharpie in mouth.

I never thought about how pointing out about nothing in my sleeves great advice there I will defiantly change that. I will work on those details and see how it comes out.
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3631 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
Totally sucks....

just kidding man. looked even better in person.

good advice above. Don't point out things you don't want them thinking about Smile
arios0
View Profile
New user
Lexington, KY
84 Posts

Profile of arios0
Ha thanks a lot josh.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » My take on Greg Wilson's recap. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL