The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Andrew Wimhurst (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Allar
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of Allar
I did not know where to put it so I'll just post it here, since the books itself is kinda gambling themed.
I'm looking for the book Down Under Deals by Andrew Wimhurst.
I've looked through the internet and haven't found it. Can't even find it on ebay.
So, if anyone could tell me where could I buy this book, I would be very thankfull.
Kimura
View Profile
Special user
519 Posts

Profile of Kimura
It WAS available up until quite recently from Michael Vincents site. He may have sold out now but it might be worth your while to contact him.

http://www.michaelvincentproductions.com......ets.html

Alternatively, I think (I may be wrong) that Andrew himself occaisionally posts on the Café, maybe you could try looking him up.
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
who wants four fried chickens and a coke
1868 Posts

Profile of kcg5
He posts here, I think under ASW?
Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!!!!!

"History will be kind to me, as I intend to write it"- Sir Winston Churchill
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4574 Posts

Profile of silverking
Michael Vincent has been sold out for a while now.
I believe Andrew has stated in the past that he's out of them too. (he's definitely ASW on the Café if you want to try and PM him to ask).

The notes go for up to $50.00 on ebay, but show up for sale very rarely.
Allar
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of Allar
Dam, that's too bad.
But, is there a PDF version from it? I mean has Andrew ever thought about making an e-book out of it?
Thanks
artwo
View Profile
Veteran user
South England
332 Posts

Profile of artwo
Probably too much effort and too open to piracy.
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4574 Posts

Profile of silverking
What specifically are you looking for in the notes?
Some of the material is also covered on Andrew's DVD.
Allar
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of Allar
I am looking for the false deals and stevens cull.
And ofcourse, everything else aswell, just not as much as the ones above.
Thanks
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4574 Posts

Profile of silverking
Andrew's DVD has a healthy portion of his false deal work on it, but his Stevens stuff is only in the notes.

http://www.mymagic.com/wimhurst.htm
Allar
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of Allar
Oh okay, I guess I will get that instead.
Thanks Smile
Ray J
View Profile
Inner circle
St. Louis, MO
1503 Posts

Profile of Ray J
ASW did contemplate putting the notes out online. Pretty sure I read that on Conjure Nation Forum. Don't know whether he did or not. I'd purchase a download.
It's never crowded on the extra mile....
Ray J
View Profile
Inner circle
St. Louis, MO
1503 Posts

Profile of Ray J
ASW did contemplate putting the notes out online. Pretty sure I read that on Conjure Nation Forum. Don't know whether he did or not. I'd purchase a download.
It's never crowded on the extra mile....
ASW
View Profile
Inner circle
1879 Posts

Profile of ASW
There are no false deals on the video. (Long story). But there's a lot of other moves and prized material covered. It's value for money unless you think you're really going to learn how I do the Centre deal or the Hof cull. (Again, long story).

Meir Yedid did a terrific job on the transfer to DVD.

I am considering doing a large format hardcover, but may reprint the DUD notes soon. Maybe by the end of the year.

Thanks for the interest.
Whenever I find myself gripping anything too tightly I just ask myself "How would Guy Hollingworth hold this?"

A magician on the Genii Forum

"I would respect VIPs if they respect history."

Hideo Kato
bishthemagish
View Profile
Inner circle
6013 Posts

Profile of bishthemagish
If your looking for info on the Steven's cull I suggest you get a copy of the first book Revelations - Vernon and Erdnase published by Magical Publication's.

As far as info about the Steven's cull on a DVD - there are a few DVD's out there that have some useful information out there if you hunt them down.

Allen Ackerman has a very good video tape on the false deals.

I hope this helps.
Glenn Bishop Cardician

Producer of the DVD Punch Deal Pro

Publisher of Glenn Bishop's Ace Cutting And Block Transfer Triumphs
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4574 Posts

Profile of silverking
I have to apologize, I was going by memory.
Looking at the DVD box after reading Andrews post, there are some center deal tips and a strip out shuffle with a block transfer on the DVD, which is what I was remembering as being "a healthy portion of false deal work".

Whatever the case, the DVD is a great resource with a lot of quality work on it.
Paul H
View Profile
Inner circle
UK South Coast
1135 Posts

Profile of Paul H
Allar, while waiting for Andrew's excellent DUD notes I would follow Glenn's sound advise except that I would go with the recently published Revelation by Dai Vernon ED by David Ben. I cannot receommend this book enough. This superb tome includes the original method and tips for handling the Stevens Cull as well as a comprehensive description of the Allan Kennedy middle deal exclusively revealed by David Ben. This is a quirky deal but if mastered as described it has deceptive advantages that other approaches lack. Good luck,

Paul
Allar
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of Allar
Thanks everyone for the great advices. But in specific, I am looking for rather all kinds of takes of greek dealing and also second dealing, than center dealing. I will soon get to that, but at the moment I have my hands full of sleights that I've yet to master.
And what a coincidence, just earlier today I watched Allan Ackerman's Card Control vol. 2.
I'll try to get a hold of a copy of the recently published Revelations, thanks.
bishthemagish
View Profile
Inner circle
6013 Posts

Profile of bishthemagish
If I may add - the choice in a move like a bottom deal, center deal or a second deal - or a method or system like culling and stacking - part of that in my opinion has something to do with the goals a person might have in mind.

In my opinion moves and techniques are only the tools a magician might use to get from point A. to point B. Often knowing why a person might want to learn a method or a technique might help in the suggestion.

In magic - and in performance - I have found the jog shuffle culling and stacking techniques more effective and more useful than table riffle shuffle techniques.

Just my opinion!
Glenn Bishop Cardician

ASW
View Profile
Inner circle
1879 Posts

Profile of ASW
In magic, a Hof cull is the most useful method, bar none. There are now numerous sources for the move and, judging from the vids by kids on Youtube, the Kimlat DVD would be a good choice.

Allar, the old Brad Burt video is a good place to learn a second deal, and Jason England has a video on the Greek deal.
Whenever I find myself gripping anything too tightly I just ask myself "How would Guy Hollingworth hold this?"

A magician on the Genii Forum

"I would respect VIPs if they respect history."

Hideo Kato
bishthemagish
View Profile
Inner circle
6013 Posts

Profile of bishthemagish
I tend not to judge with words like the best - because my goals and what works for me - and the way I like to work in front of an audience may be different from others in magic.

However speaking of jog shuffle culls and stacks as useful I found the Marlo Lessin out culling and staking methods good information - the Molinari cull very good as it is the backbone of a lot of my own jog shuffle work. Also the Grismer cull and that is explained in the older Revelations - Vernon and Erdnase published by Magical Publication's.

As for table riffle shuffle culling I like using the Triumph shuffle and my slant on the Stevens cull. And I learned the Stevens cull from the Revelations book I just mentioned.

In my own work I find the jog shuffle culls and stacks more useful because they work when I am standing or sitting - in good or bad lighting. I also feel that the jog shuffle has a lot more showmanship than the riffle shuffle. Since it is off the table it is easier to see.

However being able to riffle shuffle cull and stack too - in my opinion can be an advantage to the advantage performing magician.

I also learned the second deal from the classic book Card Mastery.

I hope this helps!

Just my opinion.
Glenn Bishop Cardician

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Andrew Wimhurst (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL