The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Nevermore: An Evening with Edgar Allen Poe (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Clifford the Red
View Profile
Inner circle
LA, California
1941 Posts

Profile of Clifford the Red
If you are in LA, do yourself a favor and get over to the Steve Allen Theater and see Jeffrey Combs in Nevermore. Jeffrey previously brought Poe to life in the horror film, The Black Cat which was most excellent. The same writer Dennis Paoli and the legendary horror director, Stuart Gordon came together again in this period piece reproduction of Edgar Allen Poe's tour of readings. Every word in the play is actually Poe's, from his published work, letters and other personal writings. It was woven together into an evening that is a soliloquy to Poe's self-destruction. It is very emotional and powerful and the best reading of Poe's work I have ever seen. Jeffrey Combs was well deserving of the standing ovation he got tonight. It was brilliant.

http://steveallentheater.tix.com/Event.asp?Event=193225
"The universe is full of magical things, waiting for our wits to grow sharper." Eden Philpotts
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
For only $10??? Deal of the Century!
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Clifford the Red
View Profile
Inner circle
LA, California
1941 Posts

Profile of Clifford the Red
Oh yeah, I know. And it's a tiny theater, maybe 100-150 people capacity. We were in the front row. We went on the preview night which was $5! At $10 it is an incredible bargain for Edgar Allen Poe in the flesh. It is obvious they weren't in it for the money. It is a labor of love for the writer, director and Jeffrey for the anniversary of Poe.
"The universe is full of magical things, waiting for our wits to grow sharper." Eden Philpotts
Balaram
View Profile
Special user
904 Posts

Profile of Balaram
Til early August, yes? I will try to find an opportunity to visit your town before then. Thanks Red. Prepare the Runes.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18038 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Sounds awesome. My son was just there yesterday on a video shoot and asked me what to do. I didn't see this until just now. Oh well....
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Nevermore: An Evening with Edgar Allen Poe (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL