The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » MediaStar? (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Mystical Matthew
View Profile
Elite user
468 Posts

Profile of Mystical Matthew
Quote:
On 2011-11-13 15:23, taoist wrote:
I still haven't bought the media star yet as I really only want to travel with one and the media star means I need to have a netbook up and running. I wish media star could give the option to be operated without the netbook --audio only as the mp3tech-- as a netbook setup isn't always convenient. (Ie: such as some event performing).
Great products and service though.

Media Star - Netbook = MP3 Tech

Still haven't bought a Media Star. Totally happy with my MP3 Tech though! ;-)
Proxy
View Profile
Veteran user
336 Posts

Profile of Proxy
Kerry's customer support emailed that I couldn't use media star without a netbook...unless I misunderstood?
Mystical Matthew
View Profile
Elite user
468 Posts

They're different products. If you want a professional grade remote cueing system that doesn't use a laptop, buy his MP3 Tech.
http://www.theceswebsite.com/products/au......ech.html
Proxy
View Profile
Veteran user
336 Posts

Profile of Proxy
Media Star - Netbook does not equal MP3tech is the point. You must use a netbook with MS even if you just need audio.

MP3tech is great--I have one.
Mystical Matthew
View Profile
Elite user
468 Posts

OH! I see... I misunderstood.

You wanted to buy a Media Star, then use it stand alone without the netbook at some events. That makes sense.

Yeah, you can't do that. :-/
Terry Magelssen
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of Terry Magelssen
OK guys here's couple of questions....I'm an old time user of Kerry's ShowTech for years. Since I switched back to MAC a few years ago, I got hooked on iTunes, iPods and the iCue2.
Well, the iCue finally layer down on me and I'm ready to come back to Kerry's products. I think I want the MediaStar but am wondering if I can use the MAC as the laptop. I have Parallels installed which allows me to run Windows XP on the MAC. Does this setup sound like it will work? Any MAC guys doing this? Just trying to save a little money by not getting the netbook.
tropicalillusions
View Profile
Special user
Tulsa Okla
631 Posts

Profile of tropicalillusions
Terry, just go to his web page, give him and his crew a call, they will answer your questions in a snap, these guys are great to work with. this product always has great tech support. I too am a ole show tech user, over 10 years on my baby and still going strong. I will be doing upgrade as well.
kenscott
View Profile
Inner circle
1869 Posts

Profile of kenscott
I will tell for you with my media star I only use the notebook that he sells with it if you want. I only use the notebook for the mediastar I don;t use the notebook as my computer, I don't go online or check email with it. It is simply just for the show music and for the mediastar. With less stuff on the computer you will run into fewer problems.

Ken
Mystical Matthew
View Profile
Elite user
468 Posts

I don't own a MediaStar (yet), but heed Ken's advice here...

I'm a certified computer repair technician (although I don't do that for a living... I do magic). You want to dedicate a laptop just for this purpose. The last thing you want is some stupid virus messing with your remote cueing system.

The more junk you install on any system the less stable it becomes. That's why "format the hard drive and reinstall everything" is such a common solution to most computer repairs. It lets you start with a clean slate.

Netbooks are cheap and getting cheaper. I wouldn't make the investment in a MediaStar and not use a dedicated laptop with it. When I make the upgrade I plan to just buy it with the laptop and use it only for my music.
pattrick
View Profile
Loyal user
maumee, ohio
226 Posts

Profile of pattrick
Ken is right on. That is all you should use the Media Star for. And if you get one, buy the notebook that it comes with. I saw no advantage getting my own netbook and getting the program seperately. It is awesome.
check out www.pattricksmagic.com for the best in close up pads and tables.
Jason Purdy
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of Jason Purdy
Does any one here happen to have a DMX/USB dongle available for exDMX used with MediaStar? Thank you.
Waterloophai
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1369 Posts

Profile of Waterloophai
Jason Purdy
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of Jason Purdy
Quote:
On May 13, 2019, Waterloophai wrote:
Https://liveshowcontrol.com/products/med......92663396

Thanks so much Waterloophai! Apparently they are out of stock but I am on the waiting list.
Waterloophai
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1369 Posts

Profile of Waterloophai
Quote:
On May 13, 2019, Jason Purdy wrote:
Quote:
On May 13, 2019, Waterloophai wrote:
Https://liveshowcontrol.com/products/med......92663396

Thanks so much Waterloophai! Apparently they are out of stock but I am on the waiting list.

Out of stock? That's strange.
I put the link in this thread because TODAY I received a promotion email of them with the text:
"Great news!
MediaStar Pro System is now back in stock and we thought you'd like to know."
Michael Dustman
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
1223 Posts

Profile of Michael Dustman
Yeah....I got the same email and went to order one. Right now the EU version is in stock but the US version is out of stock. But, definitely ready to purchase as soon as it is available.
Jason Purdy
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of Jason Purdy
Sorry for any confusion… I was searching for the easy DMX cable. They were out of the DMX/USB cable used for their lighting software exDMX.
But yes, they also had a small supply of the MediaStar Pro devices that they sold out of very quickly. The ezDMX cables are now in stock!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » MediaStar? (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL