The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Paradise Lost (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
AltonThrash
View Profile
Special user
Meridian, MS
589 Posts

Profile of AltonThrash
I fell off the "no magic" wagon and had to pick this up today. Knowing the work of those involved is what tipped me over. Can't wait.
MPMagic
View Profile
Regular user
UK
126 Posts

Profile of MPMagic
Many thanks, Alton: your email arrived as I was going to switch off my computer. It will be in the post first thing tomorrow morning and I'm sure you'll like 'Paradise Lost'.

All the best,
christiancagigal
View Profile
Special user
SF Bay Area
625 Posts

Profile of christiancagigal
Dear Christian (Card Shark)
When the time comes how would one go about ordering replacement cards. Mine have been well loved already, I think a second set for performances maybe better for me Smile. Also, did you decide to include the Krewe of Satan Dollar bill? If so how would one go about aquiring one?

C
"Besides the known and the unknown, what else is there?"-Harold Pinter
www.christiancagigal.com
Card-Shark
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1758 Posts

Profile of Card-Shark
I added the replacement set for the cards here: http://www.card-shark.de/index.cfm?page=......rtID=120

Unfortunately I am so busy with my Phoenix Deck project that I could not help with the Krewe of Satan Dollar bill, sorry for that.
Expert in playing card production for magicians.

The Person Who Says It cannot Be Done Should Not Interrupt The Person Doing It!
Chinese Proverb
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3910 Posts

Profile of The Curator
I send you the file with the rightsized banknote by email.
christiancagigal
View Profile
Special user
SF Bay Area
625 Posts

Thank you Christian! And, thank you Christian!

Thank you,
Christian

;)

PS
Cardshark,
I'll be ordering soon.

Curator,
Do you have a prefered color/type of paper to print the note on?
www.christiancagigal.com
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3910 Posts

Profile of The Curator
If you can find a paper like the hell banknotes, it's perfect.
MPMagic
View Profile
Regular user
UK
126 Posts

Profile of MPMagic
I think the correct paper to use to print the Hell notes is newsprint: I know Card-Shark printed some samples and I think he used newsprint. I'm not too sure where you can find it, though, but I'm sure that Google can help you Smile

All the best,
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
A sure sign of a misspent youth:
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
Art store. Newsprint is used for drawing.
Author of THE HOLY ART: Bizarre Magick From Naljorpa's Cave. NOW IN HARDCOVER! VIEW: <BR>www.lulu.com/content/1399405 ORDER: http://stores.lulu.com/naljorpa
<BR>A TASSEL ON THE LUNATIC FRINGE
MPMagic
View Profile
Regular user
UK
126 Posts

Profile of MPMagic
Hello!

For those of you that will be at the International Magic Convention this weekend, in London UK, you'll be able to see Paradise Lost at Card-Shark's stand. I'll be around the convention as well: if you have any question on the effect, please ask!

All the best!
Yannou
View Profile
Veteran user
381 Posts

Profile of Yannou
I got my Paradise Lost and it gets a thumbs up from me too!
There is just one thing I'm thinking of changing in the handling. I want to replace the Downs color change with an extended glide, since it resembles the rest of the handling much more. Anyone else who has Paradise Lost have any thoughts on this?
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3910 Posts

Profile of The Curator
Why not !
Most of the moves are hiden in their own theatrical gestures, so the routine is adaptable.
MPMagic
View Profile
Regular user
UK
126 Posts

Profile of MPMagic
Smile I replaced the glides and the Downs' change with the Second Deals as described in the "Technical Variarions" section. The glides have the advantage of allowing the performance of the Story when surrounded by the audience...

Glad you're enjoying Paradise Lost!
AltonThrash
View Profile
Special user
Meridian, MS
589 Posts

Profile of AltonThrash
Great routine and big thanks should go to all involved for putting out a Great product.
christiancagigal
View Profile
Special user
SF Bay Area
625 Posts

Quote:
On 2009-11-26 08:48, Yannou wrote:
I got my Paradise Lost and it gets a thumbs up from me too!
There is just one thing I'm thinking of changing in the handling. I want to replace the Downs color change with an extended glide, since it resembles the rest of the handling much more. Anyone else who has Paradise Lost have any thoughts on this?

I've been doing it without the Downs move and just made it all Glides. Now I'm slowly working on adding the Downs. One should really think of the Downs move as a subtlety rather than a move. It allows you to casually flash a few Six's at the same time as you deal out the cards while maintaining the same "visual language" so to speak of the performer turning the cards face down to deal them out.
www.christiancagigal.com
AltonThrash
View Profile
Special user
Meridian, MS
589 Posts

Profile of AltonThrash
Good tip Christian!
Steve James
View Profile
Veteran user
333 Posts

Profile of Steve James
So is this routine a variation of Gypsy curse?
Just bought the "Hauntiques" book, today.
Really looking forward to reading it.
MPMagic
View Profile
Regular user
UK
126 Posts

Profile of MPMagic
Mardi Gras in New Orleans is starting now... great celebrations... lot of people around celebrating the New Orleans victory in the Super Bowl (which, this side of the pond, is a quite obscure sporting event Smile ). This year is going to be special for New Orleans and there is no better year for "your cousin" to visit N.O. and meet a strange character, who will give him a coin and some bewitched cards...

For this week only (ending Wednesday 24), all orders of "Paradise Lost" will receive a complimentary extra doubloon, a value of 5 EUR!

http://www.hauntiques.com/paradiselost.htm

All the best!
illusioneer
View Profile
Special user
NYC
752 Posts

Profile of illusioneer
Ah man!!!

I was just thinking how I wanted more doubloons to throw down before I get into the stealing of the souls!

Should have waited on this.

Marco, is there anyway we could just purchase the red Satan doubloon separately from you? As a backup?

This routine is giving me nightmares. I love it.
Things are about to change........ LIGHTS!!!
MPMagic
View Profile
Regular user
UK
126 Posts

Profile of MPMagic
Quote:
On 2010-02-16 09:24, illusioneer wrote:
Marco, is there anyway we could just purchase the red Satan doubloon separately from you? As a backup?

Yes, send me a PM... Smile

Glad the routine is giving you nightmares... it's supposed to do so... Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Paradise Lost (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL