The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Introduction to sleight of hand DVD ? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

T,im Dawson
View Profile
Loyal user
216 Posts

Profile of T,im Dawson
Hello Café Members,
Does anyone know of a DVD which has dsecent explanations of some of the basic moves on several fields of the art eg coins, balls rope etc which I could recommend to someone? Nearly all my DVD's are specific to one subject.
Cheers
TJD
coolini
View Profile
Regular user
australia
176 Posts

Profile of coolini
Card school produced by sean taylor in australia dvd...
great and there is different angle view feature that makes the understanding of evry single move easier...it's available to buy online too
ico
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
109 Posts

Profile of ico
Made in Australia means it is in PAL format, not NTSC (US standard), this may be a problem for the DVD player or the TV, but not necessarily.

the funniest thing about this DVD is that it costs twice as much in Australia compared to the US price
sethb
View Profile
Inner circle
The Jersey Shore
2719 Posts

Profile of sethb
Unless the info HAS to be in video format, you might want to look at the book "Hugard's Magic Manual," available on Amazon for about $12; click HERE for more info.

This is a Dover reprint of the 1939 "Modern Magic Manual" by Jean Hugard. It contains chapters on coins, cards, balls, rings, ropes, eggs, cigarettes, watches, silks and so forth. A great book to get started with sleight-of-hand, at less than 50% of the price of a DVD.

Please note that I'm not knocking DVD's, either -- they are very good for learning exactly how sleights should be done. I never could have learned a double lift without them! But I don't know of a comprehensive DVD, maybe someone can recommend one. SETH
"Watch the Professor!!" -- Al Flosso (1895-1976)
"The better you are, the closer they watch" -- Darwin Ortiz, STRONG MAGIC
magicbern
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong, China
1220 Posts

Profile of magicbern
I don't think there is one single comprehensive DVD as the branches of magic are so varied. I wonder if someday someone would put out a TArbell Course on DVDS?

Anyway, back to your question, I find the most comprehensive SET would be the 17-vol Brad Burt DD series - covering cards, coins, sponge balls, linking rings, chop cup, billiard balls, thimbles. He's a fantastic detailed teacher and the DVDs are well shot and very meticulous. Also, Brad's a really great guy to deal with!

http://store.nexternal.com/shared/StoreF......ucts.asp
Scott Fridinger
View Profile
Special user
Gloucester Pt, VA
893 Posts

Profile of Scott Fridinger
Try the Vernon Revelation set (8 DVD's).
www.JustGreatMagic.com
Sleight of Hand, Sleight of Mind
coolini
View Profile
Regular user
australia
176 Posts

Profile of coolini
I've been thinking and I found the good answer, it's patrick page secret seminars volume 1-6, with topics from TT, card to wallet, 3 shell games and topit techniques, rope and paper tricks and his highly recommended sponge balls dvd. as for the last one it's about gags and tricks for kids show.
thefliss
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of thefliss
I think Jeff McBride has a 3 DVD set with multiple effects that include thimbles, coins, cards, etc. "art of manipulation"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Introduction to sleight of hand DVD ? (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL