The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » First Chop Cup Suggestions? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2661 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
That was my thinking, Pete.
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Andrew, any chance you can come to the Magic Castle for lunch next Friday and go over some things?
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Tom Fenton
View Profile
Inner circle
Leeds, UK (but I'm Scottish)
1469 Posts

Profile of Tom Fenton
Andrew,
I went to Uni in Leeds, small world!
"But there isn't a door"
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24279 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Andrew:

If Pete Biro invited me to meet him at the Magic Castle to talk over things about the chop cup, I would head out there post haste.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2661 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
I looked for a way to go faster than post haste; unfortunately that was the quickest I could make it, so I have gratefully accepted the invite.
Tom - whereabouts in Leeds are you? She's now back in Newcastle but we go down every so often to see friends around there when I'm in town.
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
Tom Fenton
View Profile
Inner circle
1469 Posts

Profile of Tom Fenton
Andrew,

I live in Yeadon.
Are you in the UK often?
"But there isn't a door"
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Ken Brooke was from Leeds. I love the Northern Accent.
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2661 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
I go out that way about four times a year. She's actually flying in from the UK this evening (hasn't been in the states in over a year!) but I'll go back out that way in October.
You'll be able to soak up that northern accent on Friday, Pete. She's definitely got that happening Smile
Tom Fenton
View Profile
Inner circle
1469 Posts

Profile of Tom Fenton
My accent is slightly more Northern than Leeds!
"But there isn't a door"
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9051 Posts

Profile of funsway
Get my 'FoldCup' at No Charge and construct your own Chop Cup on the fly. Even if you don't perform it, the moves and sleights could change that way you handle any Cup. 'Scout Around' will also expand your horizons as you can add or remove a m*g**t on the run, or perform with no gaff at all. 'ChopSign' is also available when you get some experience with your new Cup.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
cupsandballsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
2706 Posts

Profile of cupsandballsmagic
Slightly eh Tom Smile

Well I'm a stones throw from Leeds but have a Lincolnshire accent...
marty.sasaki
View Profile
Inner circle
1117 Posts

Profile of marty.sasaki
I was in the convenience store yesterday and picked up a can of Pringles, just to see what the ingredients really were. I was wearing my PK ring, noticed the effect on the bottom of the can and bought the can.

Now I have a very innocent looking dice stacking cup that can also be used as a chop cup. They come in three sizes, I think the two smaller sizes will work just fine.
Marty Sasaki
Arlington, Massachusetts, USA

Standard disclaimer: I'm just a hobbyist who enjoys occasionally mystifying friends and family, so my opinions should be viewed with this in mind.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Andrew: After our visit and working with 'your' chop cup... this morning I thought the following. Get a small brass bowl and 3 sponge balls and work on the Benson Bowl routine. I'll even give you a nice bowl if you want and a session to learn a good routine. Then you will never have the kind of problems with most chop cups.
Donnie Buckley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Cleveland, Ohio
1123 Posts

Profile of Donnie Buckley
Is the problem the strenght of the cup's pull? One should never have to slam the cup to preform a chop cup routine... It should require finesse, not brute force.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Slam and bounce up. The balls are kind of rubbery. I suggeset trying some other make balls. As well as work with a bowl routine.
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2661 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
Where's that routine published, Pete? I'm not familiar with it. I'll happily take the brass bowl off your hands though Smile
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I published a version based on the Rezvani Tomato Trick, much like the Benson Bowl routine with Johnny Thompson's misdirection for the big finish.
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2661 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
I'll certainly need to look into that one!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » First Chop Cup Suggestions? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL