The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Your Government Needs You!!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ritty360
View Profile
Elite user
McKinney, Texas
405 Posts

Profile of ritty360
This is an actual RFP from the Department of Treasury!

fbo.gov
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
You read drudge, do you?
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
ritty360
View Profile
Elite user
McKinney, Texas
405 Posts

Profile of ritty360
No I read The Hill. Watching a free-market democracy wither and die is a spectacle to behold. I only hope we can salvage the remenants.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
It was a lead story on drudge much earlier today, figured you saw it there.

I didn't think it was really much of a story, as lots of private sector businesses contract people to do the same sort of thing (*). Because it's the government this time, I guess it is a scandal.

(*) In fact, I imagine there are a few people on this very message board who earn money doing this sort of thing.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Actually it makes sense. First off the govt offices are a work environment just like any other with regular people for the most part (hah!). If they ran out and hired someone to do this function then the naysayers would be whining that it wasn't put out to bid and violated some law passed in 1932 or something of that nature.
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Quote:
On 2009-07-17 22:25, ritty360 wrote:
Watching a free-market democracy wither and die is a spectacle to behold.

:?:

Who is dying? Depending on how you define things, the United States as a "free-market democracy" has been dead since Johnson's Great Society. Or Roosevelt's New Deal. Or Lincoln's invasion of the Confederacy.

Now, that last one would be a stretch. But I haven't read anything that suggests that contemporary American policy represents a change to the character of the regime. It's a question of extent, not kind.
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
You need to get out more Jeff.
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Steve_Mollett
View Profile
Inner circle
Eh, so I've made
3006 Posts

Profile of Steve_Mollett
Quote:
On 2009-07-18 01:50, stoneunhinged wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-07-17 22:25, ritty360 wrote:
Watching a free-market democracy wither and die is a spectacle to behold.

:?:

Who is dying? Depending on how you define things, the United States as a "free-market democracy" has been dead since Johnson's Great Society. Or Roosevelt's New Deal. Or Lincoln's invasion of the Confederacy.

Now, that last one would be a stretch. But I haven't read anything that suggests that contemporary American policy represents a change to the character of the regime. It's a question of extent, not kind.

Or the military quelling of the Whiskey Rebellion.
Author of: GARROTE ESCAPES
The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth.
- Albert Camus
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2009-07-18 00:09, MagicSanta wrote:
Actually it makes sense. First off the govt offices are a work environment just like any other with regular people for the most part (hah!). If they ran out and hired someone to do this function then the naysayers would be whining that it wasn't put out to bid and violated some law passed in 1932 or something of that nature.

I agree with you. Nonetheless, they yanked the ad.

http://thehill.com/leading-the-news/sena......-17.html
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Seems like a reasonable job post to me.

BTW did you know that Robert Orben-our Robert Orben--was chief speechwriter for President Ford?
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I don't know where you could find the ad on line but I use to get department of commerce job notices at my old company. One that ran all the time for years, and likely always will, is a dolphin verifier on foriegn tuna boats! The ad said, as I recall, as follows:

Description: To go to sea with foriegn tuna boats to verify they are not harming dolphins and are following standards set forth by the US for the importation of Tuna.

Qualifications:
Must be able to lift and return a dolphin to the sea if caught.
Willing to spend extended time at sea with people who may be very hostile to your function and presence.

Any takers?
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
who wants four fried chickens and a coke
1868 Posts

Profile of kcg5
Jeff, you see right thru it.
Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!!!!!

"History will be kind to me, as I intend to write it"- Sir Winston Churchill
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Your Government Needs You!!! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL