The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » How to suggest that tipping is ok. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
belfazar
View Profile
New user
Lakeland, FL
7 Posts

Profile of belfazar
My balloon pump has netting on the side and I put a buck in there. If anybody asks (they usually do), I tell them that some nice people enjoyed the magic and gave it to me.

A friend of mine has a fire wallet and everytime he gets a tip, brings out the fire and puts the money in it. Of course, onlookers from other tables want to know how he makes the fire and he tells them "with tips". A few weeks ago a mother got onto him about using fire on kids night..so beware.

Just thought I would give you my "tips" har har har
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of NJJ
How about putting a jar at the bar or someone with a big sign saying: "If you emjoyed the magic tonight, please feel free to show your gratitude"

Tie it down of course. Oh, and make sure people can see it when they arrive, it creates an air of mystery.

If you want more money then
a) charge more
b) give out business cards at tables
c) Let people know what other services you provide... e.g. "I was doing this trick at a kid's party and......"
d) Get the restaurant to have a magicial surcharge of $1 for the night.
e) Mug the waitress on the way home. They make lots of tips.
Doug Byrd
View Profile
Veteran user
VA
361 Posts

Profile of Doug Byrd
Ah the follie of youth! HAHAHA!!!! Mug a waitress on her way home.

Nicholas here is tomorrow's headline. Magician found dead this morning in what appears to have been a gang attack. It took officials 2 hours to locate the still un-named magician's head as it was brutally torn off and stuffed up his backside. To add to the mystery the magician had a hand full of quarters.

This will have been done by a 98 pound hell cat waitress.

Just so you don't think this story was just pure imgination, a bar where I bartended had a little girl just like this. She'd give you a black eye no matter how big you were just for looking at her cross-eyed.

Doug
"Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc"
mtmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
221 Posts

Profile of mtmagic
I alway tell them that tips are not nessasary but appreiciated. Several years ago I discoved a $5 in my chop cup as I started the routine, I took it out, looked at it like where did that come from, and put it in my pocket. At the next table I once again started the routine and the $5 was back! I've salted the cup quite often since that time.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » How to suggest that tipping is ok. (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL