We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » What do you think about Richard Kaufman Card Technique DVD? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

purpulhaze
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of purpulhaze
I wanted to buy Daryl's Encyclopedia of Card Sleights but I'm unable to afford it at this time. I was thinking of buying this DVD by Richard Kaufman as an alternative. I know most of the sleights and moves on this DVD but I thought maybe it would be good for referencing moves that I don't usually use too often. Kind of like what I do with books but better because of the interactive videos. What do you think about this video? I haven’t found many DVDs that covers sleights such as the Daryl's videos. Is there any other DVDs or Tapes that someone could suggest to me?
M for Magic
View Profile
Special user
678 Posts

Profile of M for Magic
Wondering the same.
cgscpa
View Profile
Elite user
Ashton, MD
447 Posts

Profile of cgscpa
Here's a link to the last thread on "Richard Kaufman's Card Technique" with lots of opinions.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......;forum=2

My dealer recommended it when I got back into magic after a long absence so I could brush up on my card work. I liked his teaching style (to me it's a no-nonsense, direct, style), others don't.
martyk
View Profile
Loyal user
275 Posts

Profile of martyk
Mostly sleights you know, but does help remind one especially of how to do the varous counts. A very clever and entertaining Video that is crisp, clear,detailed, uncluttered, and that has a smooth sophistication about it. I liked it
Marty K Smile
Gary
View Profile
Veteran user
Market Harborough, UK
367 Posts

Profile of Gary
It delivers! I have it on video and would much prefer the DVD version as locating the sleights on tape can be time consuming.

As Marty states above, it's crisp, clear and reasonably detailed. You are unlikely to be disappointed.
"I can see clearly now, the brain has gone"
- Anon
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » What do you think about Richard Kaufman Card Technique DVD? (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL