The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Ninja Rings (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
5254 Posts

Profile of videoman
Yes, I think that Shoot's originals were extremely well made. The Ninja+ rings aren't nearly as nice but they work well enough. I had to return my first set of Ninja+ rings because the rings were so out of round. The replacement set wasn't really much better, in fact maybe a tad worse. But I kept it because it really is something only I would notice (I hope) not the spectators. But it's just always a pleasure to feel good about your props. I had to do a bit of work on the key ring, reforming it into more of a true circle rather than oblong. Just kind of bothers me if the rings aren't nice and round, plus you are switching them out and the closer they match the better.

Bill
NurseRob
View Profile
Elite user
Dallas, TX
469 Posts

Profile of NurseRob
Quote:
On 2009-07-22 08:00, steveline wrote:
I just bought a set of originals from http://www.dynamitemagic.nl Ordered them 16 july got them 18 july. Perfect.

so how much is eur 65,00 in american anyways, oh wait, I tried to order and ...oh noooo ...evidently there is no shipping available to the USA..what gives?? don't we have free trade agreements with the euro peans??
Ut imago est animi voltus sic indices oculi ~
The face is a picture of the mind as the eyes are its interpreter ~Cicero
NurseRob
View Profile
Elite user
Dallas, TX
469 Posts

Profile of NurseRob
Tannen's allowed me to place an online order for a gold set this evening...$55.00 in US currency..I wonder if they really have them? we'll keep fingers crossed
marty.sasaki
View Profile
Inner circle
1117 Posts

Profile of marty.sasaki
I saw a set at Diamond's Magic that looked like the Ninja rings (about the same size and quality, definitely better than the Royal or other similar rings) that were brass/gold but made by someone else.
Marty Sasaki
Arlington, Massachusetts, USA

Standard disclaimer: I'm just a hobbyist who enjoys occasionally mystifying friends and family, so my opinions should be viewed with this in mind.
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2499 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
I had a problem with a Ninj plus key as well, Matthew sen a new one but they are not a stiff as the original Ninja rings and more likely to get out of round
NurseRob
View Profile
Elite user
Dallas, TX
469 Posts

Profile of NurseRob
Called Tannen's today, as I feared, they are on eternal back order...woulda been nice to know this on their website...oh well.
NurseRob
View Profile
Elite user
Dallas, TX
469 Posts

Profile of NurseRob
Today I get an email notice that my package from Tannen's has shipped...weird, the guy on the phone said they have been on back order for months. I wonder what they are sending?? Does anyone know if there are new Ninja shipments going out now? (besides the Netherlands).
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
5254 Posts

Profile of videoman
That's pretty strange.
Let us know if the Ninja's show up.
Bill
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

Profile of Christopher Lyle
I'd be interested to find out what they end up sending you as well Robert!
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Magician, Comic, Daredevil, and Balloon Twisting Genius
For a Good Time...CLICK HERE!
NurseRob
View Profile
Elite user
Dallas, TX
469 Posts

Profile of NurseRob
No Bueno at Tannens. I contacted them via email this time, and for sure they are not in stock. bummer.
Christo
View Profile
Loyal user
Cyprus
217 Posts

Profile of Christo
I'm keen to purchase Ninja+. Nowhere can I find how many rings I'd be getting. This post talks of switching in and out. I'd like to continue with a three rings routine. Would this work? How many rings do I get with the Ninja+ effect.

C
"Humpty was pushed!!"
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2499 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
Not enough for anything but the Ninja +. One Key, one lose finger finger ring, Oned joined ring and finger ring
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Christo: Emaill the Ninja+ fella and ask for the rings you need, I'm sure he can put a set together for you.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
halejs
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of halejs
Still can't figure out where the Shoot Ogawa quality rings are. I've looked for over a year. I actually have three silver sets. They are clearly the best around. I also have the Ninja+ set. Matthew Garrett performs wonderfully, the concepts and magic are great, and he's a very good guy to deal with. But the rings are not of the same quality. There may be a few gold Ogawa sets left in a shop here or there, but the others referred to here, including on the Belgian site, are not the Ogawa rings. Not sure what the problem is. I found the actual manufacturer through a trading company in Japan, but they insist that they don't sell in the U.S. I'm speculating that maybe this was a contractual matter between them and Ogawa. But I'm only speculating. Hope they become available again.
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2499 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
I'm with halejs. I bought Pete's Gold set but would really like a spare set of Shoot's rings.
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2499 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
Shoot's rings in Silver
woodguest
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of woodguest
I was lucky enought and bought last set of Gold Ninja´s at magicwarehouse. I have Matthew Garrett´s rings too, but the quality isn´t too good for the price (I would suggest Empire 4½ rings instead). Ninja gold rings are really great, the quality is amazing.

Libor
Joe S.
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles, CA
231 Posts

Profile of Joe S.
Ninja + is a cool idea, but Shoot's rings are much better.

As a married guy, I'd much sooner buy a duplicate wedding ring for $500 and pay a jeweler to weld it onto an extra authentic Ninja ring.

Yes, its more expensive, but you'll have a perfect illusion WITH YOUR WEDDING RING. Even the wife would be fooled!

If you change your mind in a few years, sell the duplicate wedding ring for the gold.
Joe Skilton
Fábio DeRose
View Profile
Inner circle
San Paolo, Brasile
1477 Posts

Profile of Fábio DeRose
I've done this a couple years ago, and rest assured: this is a KILLER! Definiely worth the effort.

Wedding rings work better, for there is a pre-conception in people's minds that there is no two rings alike other tha yours and your wife's.

Quote:
On 2009-09-09 05:19, Joe S. wrote:
Ninja + is a cool idea, but Shoot's rings are much better.

As a married guy, I'd much sooner buy a duplicate wedding ring for $500 and pay a jeweler to weld it onto an extra authentic Ninja ring.

Yes, its more expensive, but you'll have a perfect illusion WITH YOUR WEDDING RING. Even the wife would be fooled!

If you change your mind in a few years, sell the duplicate wedding ring for the gold.
Fábio De'Rose - Ilusionista
www.ENIGMAGICO.com.br

Twitter @Enigmagico
MrPrestoHypno
View Profile
Regular user
187 Posts

Profile of MrPrestoHypno
I like mine they are shoots and great for the price.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Ninja Rings (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL