The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Owner defending me.... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

Profile of Christopher Lyle
Quote:
On 2009-07-24 00:24, Nash wrote:

oh well, you live, you fall, you learn.


Yep! You'll be reading a post from me here shortly about that very thing!
In Mystery,


Christopher Lyle
Magician, Comic, Daredevil, and Balloon Twisting Genius
For a Good Time...CLICK HERE!
JeffMac
View Profile
Veteran user
Sudbury, ont
350 Posts

Profile of JeffMac
I got a customer I'm waiting on pins and needles for. He keeps coming in and leaving the staff a "million dollar bill" for a tip. On the back it has a "million dollar question" something along the lines of have you ever lied, had naughty thoughts or the like and if you have and you don't repent your going to hell.
I generally work behind the bar and do some tricks from time to time but on occasion I serve. So I've made me a bit of a homemade flash bill similar to his. Just can't wait to see it go up in flames when I touch it.
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4816 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2009-07-24 13:47, JeffMac wrote:
I got a customer I'm waiting on pins and needles for. He keeps coming in and leaving the staff a "million dollar bill" for a tip. On the back it has a "million dollar question" something along the lines of have you ever lied, had naughty thoughts or the like and if you have and you don't repent your going to hell.
I generally work behind the bar and do some tricks from time to time but on occasion I serve. So I've made me a bit of a homemade flash bill similar to his. Just can't wait to see it go up in flames when I touch it.


LMAO, that's hilarious, but perhaps a bit much. BUT, I would love to see it.
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

Profile of Christopher Lyle
Ha! Sounds like something I would do...!!!! >insert evil laugh here<
In Mystery,


Christopher Lyle
Magician, Comic, Daredevil, and Balloon Twisting Genius
For a Good Time...CLICK HERE!
JeffMac
View Profile
Veteran user
Sudbury, ont
350 Posts

Profile of JeffMac
I did it and it went Awesome...
The guy left it on the table with the money and the bill on top of the bill fold I picked up the bill fold and pulled out the flash bill it went up and I looked SHOCKED and said "that hasn't happened since the last time I went to a Church." He grabbed his wife and pulled her out of the restaurant. An hour later I get a call from him wanting to talk to the manager. Which was handy seeing as I'm the manager and had already told the owner who thought it was hilarious. He told me unholy things were going on at the restaurant. I told him "I know people are passing off counterfeit bills as tips to my wait staff." he didn't take that so well. I chuckled he hung up. Oh well lost a customer, made my entire staff happy to work for me. Seems like a good bargain to me
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11161 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Quote:
On 2009-08-01 18:21, JeffMac wrote:
I did it and it went Awesome...
The guy left it on the table with the money and the bill on top of the bill fold I picked up the bill fold and pulled out the flash bill it went up and I looked SHOCKED and said "that hasn't happened since the last time I went to a Church." He grabbed his wife and pulled her out of the restaurant. An hour later I get a call from him wanting to talk to the manager. Which was handy seeing as I'm the manager and had already told the owner who thought it was hilarious. He told me unholy things were going on at the restaurant. I told him "I know people are passing off counterfeit bills as tips to my wait staff." he didn't take that so well. I chuckled he hung up. Oh well lost a customer, made my entire staff happy to work for me. Seems like a good bargain to me

:applause: Smile Smile
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Maloney
View Profile
Special user
Newfoundland, Canada
709 Posts

Profile of Maloney
Quote:
On 2009-08-01 22:36, Michael Baker wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-08-01 18:21, JeffMac wrote:
I did it and it went Awesome...
The guy left it on the table with the money and the bill on top of the bill fold I picked up the bill fold and pulled out the flash bill it went up and I looked SHOCKED and said "that hasn't happened since the last time I went to a Church." He grabbed his wife and pulled her out of the restaurant. An hour later I get a call from him wanting to talk to the manager. Which was handy seeing as I'm the manager and had already told the owner who thought it was hilarious. He told me unholy things were going on at the restaurant. I told him "I know people are passing off counterfeit bills as tips to my wait staff." he didn't take that so well. I chuckled he hung up. Oh well lost a customer, made my entire staff happy to work for me. Seems like a good bargain to me

:applause: Smile Smile


:applause: x2
The Magic and Illusion of Jordan Maloney
"Experience the Unexplainable"

www.jordanmaloney.com

Go check it out!
trickychaz
View Profile
Special user
West Virginia
549 Posts

Profile of trickychaz
Quote:
On 2009-07-20 00:29, pepka wrote:
So Saturday night, I had something really funny happen. I was working at a table of 12. Actually, teenagers at one end, parents at the other. The teens had seen me at another table and were excited when I approached. I did a few tricks and they were laughing and clapping. Dinner arrived before I could get to the adult end. I went down just to say hello and was tipped very nicely. I promised to return after dinner and do something for the adults. A few minutes later the owner tells me that a neighboring table asked her "Who's the fat guy who's getting those kids all riled up? I thought we were coming to a nice quiet restaurant and I don't like all this noise. What are you gonna do about it?" She explained that I am the restaurant's entertainment and that I've worked there for years. She can't control other people laughing. If he would like, they would move his family to another table in the back. He refused. So of course I didn't go anywhere near that table. I did go back to the first table and told them I'd return in a bit. Eventually, I did go back and do 2 more for the adults. One of which, Remember and Forget ALWAYS illicits screams. When they went nuts, I looked over at Mr. Poopy Pants and he was livid. They sat there for almost 3 hours and when he finally left, the server showed me the note he left on the table. He complained about the prices, service, noise, atmosphere...just about anything he could. On a check for $85, he left $5. The owner and all the servers agreed, he was a first class A-Hole.

It just felt so good to be defended like that.


Oh man...Is this what I have to look forward to? I am only in my second weekend at the restauarant I am performing at.
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4071 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
Quote:
On 2009-08-01 22:42, Maloney wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-08-01 22:36, Michael Baker wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-08-01 18:21, JeffMac wrote:
I did it and it went Awesome...
The guy left it on the table with the money and the bill on top of the bill fold I picked up the bill fold and pulled out the flash bill it went up and I looked SHOCKED and said "that hasn't happened since the last time I went to a Church." He grabbed his wife and pulled her out of the restaurant. An hour later I get a call from him wanting to talk to the manager. Which was handy seeing as I'm the manager and had already told the owner who thought it was hilarious. He told me unholy things were going on at the restaurant. I told him "I know people are passing off counterfeit bills as tips to my wait staff." he didn't take that so well. I chuckled he hung up. Oh well lost a customer, made my entire staff happy to work for me. Seems like a good bargain to me

:applause: Smile Smile


:applause: x2



X3 Smile AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Mike
JeffMac
View Profile
Veteran user
Sudbury, ont
350 Posts

Profile of JeffMac
Why thanks guys I take a small bow
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
1942 Posts

Profile of The great Gumbini
I've performed in different venues and I've been fortunate since I've never had any complaints from Christians or any religious groups. They seem to know the difference between "entertainment" and some kind of a "voodoo magic" thing. That even goes for the mentalism effects I do. But I have to admit I keep a very light air feel to my effects.


Good magic to all,


Eric
Tom Stevens
View Profile
Veteran user
Australia
361 Posts

Profile of Tom Stevens
One of the head waiters in a restuarant I perform in always mumbles: "Witch" when I come in. I just laugh it off, because he is a very intense character, and looks genuinely freaked out about what I do.
rockthemike
View Profile
Special user
Seattle
694 Posts

Profile of rockthemike
You should exclaim, "Where!?" next time, Tom.
Michael Wong
Wizard
http://michaelwong.says.so
MatthewH
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of MatthewH
Never had anyone fire up on religous grounds, but when I was in Indonesia recently and did a quick ACR for one of the hotel guys, his jaw just dropped...he paused...then asked me how many years I had meditated to be able to make that happen!
stijnhommes
View Profile
Special user
568 Posts

Profile of stijnhommes
I've had people say "no" when I approached them, but the only time someone actually brought up religion was when I mentioned magic during a discussion on a bus trip. The weird thing is that in the Dutch language there is a separate word for performance magic and actual wizardry and black magic.

I'm still mad that I didn't have the sense to continue asking them why they objected. Sometimes I wonder if the religious people who object to magic actually know the difference between a trick and "real" magic.
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5732 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
I think that it's because of the overly-assertive vocal a**holes that much of the world hates Americans. In this country, the gene pool needs a lot of chlorine! Some Americans, like myself, don't want the American way of life spread around the world. I'd like to have some place to go to escape it, when I can afford to leave.
Michael_MacDonald
View Profile
1964 - 2016
Washington
2034 Posts

Profile of Michael_MacDonald
LOL I have been performing in restaurants for many years and have been accused of being the devil/demon many times.

Personally I do not feel this is a bad thing for the most part as I get a lot of repeat customers come to see the devil incarnate perform.
I must admit I do a darker based performance, that are so off the norm that they can only assume I work for the devil.

to me it is the greatest advertisement to have someone so shocked or stunned they cant handle my performance for more then a few seconds. I even use it in my advertising and quote them like they are giving me an endorsement.
you would be suprised how many shows I get just for the pure strangeness of my performance.
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3649 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
I perform Close-Up Strolling Magic at parties.

Last week I worked at a large family 2 yr. birthday party at a Hindi Family's home. It was mostly very traditionally dressed adults and the women and men were mostly separated in their seating (like in separate rooms).

I'm a strong performer but friendly and non-threatening. I got several (like 5) sincere questions about if I did Black Magic. I explained that I am an entertainer and I would never use Black Magic (which I take to mean Magic of any sort with evil intent). They seemed to accept my answer and were a very nice audience.

I've seen my share of religious jerks but some people just don't know what to think. Remember we aren't really advertising that it isn't real Magic.

Also as good as reading the million dollar story makes me feel (priceless!), I don't suggest antagonizing the nuts. They can be very dangerous. Really.

-Mary Mowder
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Owner defending me.... (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL