The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Jumper by Joe Rindfleisch (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Russell
View Profile
Regular user
147 Posts

Profile of Russell
Jumper by Joe Rindfleisch

I have been looking forward to seeing this DVD for a long time. It is no secret that I really enjoy rubber band magic. I have been a big fan of Joe’s magic with rubber bands for a long time. His routines have always been well constructed, logical and above all magical. So when the DVD finally dropped through my door I could not wait to put it in my DVD player.

Firstly the effect is very strong. In essence a couple of rubber bands are shown and link together. As a pseudo explanation Joe goes onto to explain that the effect works because the band splits into two and back together again. At this point Joe performs a really nice broken and restored band which he has called Rock Band. Following this a band is broken and tied into a knot. Joe then proceeds to pull the knot off the band and put it back on until eventually the band fully restores.

The effect is fantastic; there are a lot of plus points. The routine is impromptu (all you need are a few bands). It is multi phased although you could end the effect at any point. Each phase can be performed on its own or as part of a longer routine. This is great from a learning point of view. You can take one individual phase and perform it along with some of your other rubber band effects. When you have got comfortable with this phase you can then do the same thing with other phase and so on and so forth.

One of the best things about the DVD is that is the explanations are excellent. Joe goes into great detail with each point making sure that everyone can understand what he is doing. It is also apparent that this material is something that Joe has been performing a long time. There are almost endless variations of the routines presented on the DVD and additional ideas.

I really enjoyed a new move Joe presented on the DVD called the Rubber Wrist Switch. This is a new utility move, which I know I will be playing with over the next few months. Although the move is only used in one part of the main routine Joe goes into a number of ideas, which could use the move. One of these ideas is based on my Growing Band routine off my DVD Banding Around, which is a great variation.

If you held a gun to my head and forced me to think of any negative points about the DVD all I could think of is that there is so much material it can almost be overwhelming and make you question where to start. The routine will take practice is should not be attempted by the total raw beginner. But for anyone prepared to put in the time and effort to learn the effect you will be rewarded with one of the most commercial routines to be released this year. I know as I sat there watching the DVD I kept thinking to myself ‘I wish I had thought of this!’ That should tell everyone what I think of the routine.

Highly Recommended

Russell Leeds
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2404 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
I agree, this is a great routine and DVD
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17038 Posts

Profile of joseph
I 3rd....great dvd....
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
helder
View Profile
Special user
Portugal
972 Posts

Profile of helder
GREAT...I recomend.
My version of Eddie fetcher "Be Honest What's it?" it's available
Email: heldermagico@gmail.com
www.facebook.com/heldermagico
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
4908 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
tenchu
View Profile
Special user
Europe
931 Posts

Profile of tenchu
Awesome dvd/routine, no doubt.
Bananafish
View Profile
Elite user
Simon Shaw, Suffolk, England
416 Posts

Profile of Bananafish
If Russell Leeds is recommending it - then I think we can safely say it is good. Then if we tale into account Joe's track record with band magic (I loved extreme band magic) - then it looks like we have a winner.

Thanks for posting.
VcosNJ
View Profile
Inner circle
1180 Posts

Profile of VcosNJ
I've been raving about this one for a while! Smile I'm waiting for more of Joe's rubberband work..
afuoco
View Profile
Regular user
Virginia
195 Posts

Profile of afuoco
There are very few DVDs that contain magical effects are a step above previous similar ones. In the last year I have only viewed about four or five e.g the Richard Sanders "Extreme Burn" & "Tagged."

This DVD is one of them. Most of the rubber band effects in "Jumper" are every bit as good as "Crazy Mans Handcuffs." Joe has simplified the effects to the bare minimum handling and the methods are very clever.

Only nitpick is the lack of a second camera sometimes makes it difficult to see exactly what fingers are involved. But replaying it a few times will solve this minor aberration.

If you like rubber band magic you will enjoy working on and performing the effects on "Jumper."
Arnie
baou1986
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of baou1986
This is my favourite rubber band routine
billfromoregon
View Profile
Special user
608 Posts

Profile of billfromoregon
Not familiar with this, so is this a natural to combine with crazy man's handcuffs, or would that muddy the effect? Thanks -

Bill
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2404 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
Quite excellent, not much for wordy reviews
defconskylude
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of defconskylude
I thought Rock Band was difficult to do. I needed a second camera angle for that one.

Overall one of the best investment I've made.
Miraclemakers
View Profile
Special user
INA
677 Posts

Profile of Miraclemakers
I have it and I love it......
afuoco
View Profile
Regular user
Virginia
195 Posts

Profile of afuoco
Not familiar with this, so is this a natural to combine with crazy man's handcuffs, or would that muddy the effect? Thanks -

Bill

There are four or 5 effects on the Jumper DVD that you can perform right after CM Handcuffs.
Arnie
Russell
View Profile
Regular user
147 Posts

Profile of Russell
Quote:
On 2009-09-06 00:04, afuoco wrote:

Bill

There are four or 5 effects on the Jumper DVD that you can perform right after CM Handcuffs.

Yes this could easily follow crazy man's handcuffs,

Russell Leeds
VcosNJ
View Profile
Inner circle
1180 Posts

Profile of VcosNJ
I've been having a lot of fun with this. I'm now awaiting the next Joe Rindfleisch release. Smile
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
4908 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Can anyone recommend a good rubberband for Jumper?
Size? Dealer link?
flagg
View Profile
New user
Sherbrooke ,Québec,Canada
14 Posts

Profile of flagg
The camirand academie of magic:elite rubberband, 5$(100).

http://www.camirandmagic.com/ac_024.html
billfromoregon
View Profile
Special user
608 Posts

Profile of billfromoregon
I will second the camirand academy bands - these are the best quality rubber bands I have come across, by far.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Jumper by Joe Rindfleisch (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL