The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Jumper by Joe Rindfleisch (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
imagination
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of imagination
Just received the DVD and if this even remotely entices you I say buy it, you will have a piece of magic you will use for the rest of your life!
Jason Messina
View Profile
Elite user
424 Posts

Profile of Jason Messina
Popping a knot off a rubberband, throwing it in your mouth, munching and then spitting it back out to land and restore back on the rubberband is one of my favorite impromptu things to do. This is one of the best things Joe has come up with.

It's like candy for your hands and their eyes....

Best,
Jason
Powermagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1418 Posts

Profile of Powermagic
I have issues with this DVD.
Let me say it is worth the money and the effects are nice.
However, as a DVD and instruction, parts are lacking.
First the lighting and camera angles are not the best at times. The over the shoulder from the side view is cast in shadow for this shoot. This makes it hard to see inside the hand when you need to. You can see during these shots a bright front light.
I thought his instruction to be confusing at times. I also bought his Extreme Rubber band magic and felt the same. He is soft spoken, probably a great guy but he also hesitates, thinking, and sometimes changes what he just explained which gets confusing. Many times he will talk about moving this hand or that finger and since he is all twisted up in the bands, it takes several reviews in some cases to discover which hand,finger or part of the band he is talking about.

The one phase that I still really am not quite getting is the one hand knot off set up. Seems very tight using an Alliance #19 yellow and hard to display with that color with out a flash if I had people standing as he does in his video.
Sure there is slow mo and that is the plus of video, but I would have liked more detail on getting in this one at the proper angles since he shows what angle but then does not do it for the sake of camera.
It does look great when HE does it but my hands are cramped trying to figure out how to keep everything in place. I also have some question on the angles if you use bright bands on that phase. I will keep working on it but due to the tension I am having some issue cover it all. Maybe if he went into more detail on what one is going to experience with this move.

So for the price it is worth it but be prepared to study it to know what he is talking about at times

I find it funny how many people like the biting and spitting it off. Seems ever since Blaine bit a coin and spit it back I see this added in routines. It seems a bit juvenile to me but what do I know. More power too you if your audience likes it rather than thinks it is icky or low brow. Honestly, magically it tips it a little and so does the toss back on. It gives an opportunity for the method to be noticed. Where the place on is better.

I think some might be misled by the ending. While you do not have to wear special clothing or have fancy gimmicks, you can not do this impromptu with two rubber bands. You will have to wear something that is described in other band videos as well as this one. This method for rubber band effects has a love hate relationship. The poster kind of gave it away what it is so do not blame me for mentioning it.
HOWEVER I think on Extreme Rubber band magic does show how to make a rubber band that is tied to restore and I see no reason, as long as you do not want to hand it out, that you can not do that move as the ending to jumper since it allows you to do all the prior moves.

So over all it is a good value but be prepared to study the video a few times.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Jumper by Joe Rindfleisch (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL