We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » duane laughlin's silks (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mr.B
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of Mr.B
Can anyone tell me how to contact Duane Laughlin. He used to have some of the best and most reasonably priced silk magic around and I can't seem to find him anywhere. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Brian
Magicduck
View Profile
Elite user
Washington State
484 Posts

Profile of Magicduck
Duane still has excellent products. He no longer has a website, but the following will do the job for you. I recently bought some silks from him and was very impressed with the prices, the quality and the friendly service. I had, originally written a letter, and included a stamp, asking if they sold a routine I had seen Duane do in Vancouver. Instead they sent me a free copy of the whole routine. Good folks.

Laflin Magic
Box 3003
Troy Montana
406-295-7790

quack
Mr.B
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of Mr.B
Thank you so much for the fast reply. I really appreciate the info. I met Duane at a convention in Florida a couple years ago and he had some really good ideas with silk magic and a great catalog which I no longer have. Thanks again. Brian. Smile
Scott O.
View Profile
Inner circle
Midwest
1141 Posts

Profile of Scott O.
This is a bit off topic, but I have to agree that Duane provides great service to his customers. I purchased one of his videos at a convention, and when I attempted to play it, I found that the video was defective.

One call to Duane was all it took to solve the problem. He had me send the video back to him. He then sent a replacement along with a check to cover my shipping costs.

He is a professional.

Scott Smile
Do not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time you will reap a harvest, if you do not give up. Galatians 6:9
Mr.B
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of Mr.B
Just to let you know, I spoke to Laflin Magic and their catalog will be available in April and their website will be up at about the same time. I know April is only a week away, but they didn't specify when in April it would all be ready. Thanks again for the contact info. Brian
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
1486 Posts

Profile of David Todd
Thanks for the info. re: Duane Laflin catalog and web site, Mr. B.

I'm really glad to hear that they will be back up with a web site.

Let me add my .02 cents:

Laflin's products and ideas for silk magic are excellent. His videos on silk magic are full of great ideas.
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
Don't forget his great sponge items, either.
Not just balls but about every shape you could ask for.
cheers,
Peter Marucci
showtimecol@aol.com
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5700 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
You've got to see Laflin work with a Palmo ball. Change bags and other containers can be eliminated, in many cases, by using a palmo ball.

I've been using it for the half-dyed hank, to eliminate a switch of dye tubes. The routine is still in development.
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3178 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
Duane's site exists, but for now appears to be a "placeholder" but contact information is there. So don't hesitate to call.

And yes Alan, between a die tube and a palmo, Duane works some pretty nice routines. And you get an awful lot in a palmo.

At a Lecture at the Battle of the magicians, this past weekend, Duane did a routine where he pulled at least 8 and maybe 10, twelve inch silks out of one. Then he followed that by a nice silk fountain.

Unfortunately he only had a very few copies of his lecture notes there, and those went in an instant. I couldn't get from the front of the room to the back where his wife Mary was selling the notes in time to get any.

But I sat through two different Duane Laflin Lectures in less than a week, and I am even more impressed by his artistry and skill.

BroDavid
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
DanTheMagicMan
View Profile
Regular user
Edgewater, Maryland USA
138 Posts

Profile of DanTheMagicMan
Duane Laflin's web site is now operational and is at http://www.laflinmagic.com

I concur with all the accolades for Duane. I have purchased several silks and gimmicks from him. He and his wife Mary are very nice people and in addition to providing a professional mail order business. His prices for 18" and 36" printed silks are very reasonable compared to other manufacturers out there. I use the b/w sad face clown to multi-color happy clown silk with a palmo and get a great reaction from kids. The silk poke is another useful gimmick from Duane that fools both kids and adults.
Dan The Magic Man
e-mail:[email]info@familymagicshows.com[/email]
web site:www.familymagicshows.com
MagicEvents.org - View or subscribe to upcoming magic events and birthdays.
stephenbanning
View Profile
Regular user
United States
178 Posts

Profile of stephenbanning
Duane Laflin's shipping is quick too. If you like his magic you will also want to get his catalog which additional items to those on his website. He also has a really good monthly magazine for family magicians that has VERY GOOD silk information. It costs $25 a year but is well worth it if you are into this kind of magic. He also gives major discounts to subscribers. I saved $25 on one $50 effect.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » duane laughlin's silks (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL