The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Flavors from the past... » » Remember Any Western MA Magic Shops? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

scottthegreat
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of scottthegreat
I remember the Land Of Oz magic shop in West Springfield Ma. Also Strewbarry Productions in Chicopee Ma. Land Of Oz was a cool place. Was not there long before it closed. This was around 1990-91. Also Strewbarry Productions in Chicopee Ma. Same time 1990-93. They were more a production company., but had a small magic section. And brick and mortar magic shop in Indian Orchard, they also closed. The shop was really not that good. Bad hours. The owners where never there. Anyone remember these?
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2739 Posts

Profile of Tom G
I remeber them all. All small places just selling a little magic. Land of Oz, and
Bianco's Magic (also a bike shop) Both places had a bunch of great lectures. Frank Garcia, Paul Harris, David Williamiamson, Daryl, Aldo, Ackerman, JC Wagner, Fr Cyprian, Ammar, Tom Mullica, Kurtz,Lovell, Bob King, Wesley James, Dan Harlan. And a ton of others. The bike shop did keep odd hours, but had the better close-up and videos. Plus Tony would order stuff and give a discount.
scottthegreat
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of scottthegreat
How long has Biancos been gone. I forgot about them never went there. I hope another magic shop opens in this area someday. I heard there putting a Houdini museum in Holyoke ma. Its going to be opening sometime this year

scott
tabman
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
5946 Posts

Profile of tabman
There was a nice Magic shop in the mall there on the road between Amherst and Hadley in the 70s. I bought a nice chop cup there.

Can't remember the name though.

-=tabman
...Your professional woodworking and "tender" loving care in the products you make, make the wait worthwhile. Thanks for all you do...

http://Sefalaljia.com
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2739 Posts

Profile of Tom G
Tabman, you got me thinking, but I just can't remember it.....
tabman
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
5946 Posts

Profile of tabman
The mall with the Magic shop was the one that had Eastern Mt Sports. The years would have been between 1975 and 1979.

-=tab
...Your professional woodworking and "tender" loving care in the products you make, make the wait worthwhile. Thanks for all you do...

http://Sefalaljia.com
en2oh
View Profile
Loyal user
215 Posts

Profile of en2oh
Hi Guys,
Anyone know of a brick/mortar magic shop in the Boxborough MA area?
Thanks
Doug
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Flavors from the past... » » Remember Any Western MA Magic Shops? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL