The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Mr. Biro Sighting (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

lint
View Profile
Special user
Concord, CA
959 Posts

Profile of lint
Had to take my car into my local shop for a minor repair this afternoon and as he was ringing me up I notice a photo on the wall from an article. I think to myself "That guy looks familiar!". It was our very own Mr. Biro in an article talking about preventive maintenance on cars.

go Pete!

-todd
"There's many a slip 'twixt the cup and the lip..." -English Proverb
tabman
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
5946 Posts

Profile of tabman
Pete is the former editor of Car and Driver Magazine among many other car related enterprises.

-=tab
...Your professional woodworking and "tender" loving care in the products you make, make the wait worthwhile. Thanks for all you do...

http://Sefalaljia.com
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
NO NO TAB.. WAS NOT EDITOR of C&D... Was editor of DRIVE MAGAZINE. Contributed to Car and Driver, Hot Rod, Motor Trend, Automobile, Winding Road, Sports Ilustrated, etc....

The story Lint is referring to is in AARP, written by my old pal, William Jeanes, who was an Editor of Car & Driver.

You cannot believe how many emails, calls and letters I have gotten about that article. Jeanes told me AARP is the largest circulation magazine in the USA.

I CAN BELIEVE IT.

Posted: Jul 23, 2009 6:55pm
FUNNY SIDEBAR... in article I say I change the oil religiously every 3,000 miles. Owing to circumstance these past weeks, I am about 700 miles overdue. Tsk tsk.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
tabman
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
5946 Posts

Profile of tabman
Pete, I have one of your old Car & Driver business cards around here someplace. I could sware it said EDITOR!! I need to find it so you can remember being the editor of C&D. Smile

Its a bookmark in a Magic book....but which one???

-=tc
...Your professional woodworking and "tender" loving care in the products you make, make the wait worthwhile. Thanks for all you do...

http://Sefalaljia.com
ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1856 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
Will you be at the Brickyard ?
Bally Hoo and Hullabaloo
one for me and none for you.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
No, have retired from shooting races. I work as photog and PR person at 33 consecutive INDY 500s tho. I have a Winning Ring when I worked with the team when Bobby Unser won in Gurney's Jorgensen Eagle.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Mr. Biro Sighting (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL