The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Pacquiao-Cotto (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Manny Pacqiao is an early 2-1 (or so) favorite in this November fight. This is a pretty sizable overlay on Cotto. I expect the price will probably drop to something like 3-2 over the next few months. Even at that price, I think there's value in a Cotto bet, but at the current odds, it's a no-brainer.

Alternatively, you could make a big bet on Cotto now, and offset it and keep the arbitrage with a Pacquiao bet later. Something like +190 now and -160 later makes for a pretty good middle.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
? If he his 2 to 1 favorite the other fellow must be more than 2 to 1 so back them both and you can only lose if they draw.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
jb13
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of jb13
Given Pacquiao's popularity, I don't think his odds will drop that much, and in fact wouldn't be surprised if he is greater than a 2-1 favorite come fight time. It's building toward a Mayweather-Pacquiao superfight. that's where the money is.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2009-07-23 20:55, tommy wrote:
? If he his 2 to 1 favorite the other fellow must be more than 2 to 1 so back them both and you can only lose if they draw.

The gap is about 30 cents (i.e. If you bet Cotto, you get 1.9 to 1; if you bet Pacquiao, you give 2.2 to 1). I do think the odds will change so you can make money by backing Cotto now and Pacquiao later (but see above for a different opinion).
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
iamslow
View Profile
Inner circle
Proffessional Slacker
2001 Posts

Profile of iamslow
Don't matter, pacquiao is gonna woop his ass
"Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face" Mike Tyson
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
I'm not one for betting in general. Nothing against it, I just am terrible with it, lol.

I'm surprised that something like this would be set up so that you could make money no matter the out come by betting on both.
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
iamslow
View Profile
Inner circle
Proffessional Slacker
2001 Posts

Profile of iamslow
Cotto shouldn't have won his last fight to begin with...
"Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face" Mike Tyson
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Pacquiao-Cotto (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL