We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Sideshow website updated (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
Hi all

I thought that some of you would be interested to know that my sideshow site has just been updated. I overhalled it a bit because I was not happy with the layout and colour scheme. Plus it needed some new animations. It feels a lot better to me now. So take a look and let me know what you think.

http://www.thefreakshow.co.uk

Also, I still need sideshow and escape articles. If you have written one send it to me so I can put it in the archive!

Thanks everyone

David Straitjacket
David Victor - The artist formally (and still occasionally) known as David Straitjacket.

My Website
Add me on facebook
Dragona
View Profile
Regular user
New Jersey
159 Posts

Profile of Dragona
Love the site David. I haven't been able to find the really gruesome stuff, but what I have seen makes me bow to you.
I have the breath of dragons and the soul of a human.
DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
Don't worry. Pictures and videos of the really gruesome stuff are coming very soon!

David Straitjacket
David Victor - The artist formally (and still occasionally) known as David Straitjacket.

My Website
Add me on facebook
Scott Xavier
View Profile
Inner circle
3672 Posts

Profile of Scott Xavier
I'm sitting patiently awaiting the nasty stuff. I know you have it in you...

I'm truly glad, I can consider you a colleague and a friend. That stuffs awesome!
DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
Hi everyone

The really nasty stuff is there now. I promise!

A quick update. I have just uploaded a major site update that includes over 200 photos in 20 thumbnailed catagories, recent press coverage, recent quotes and more. As far as I know our photo gallery is the biggest of its type so I am very proud of it. Especially as almost all of the photos are pretty recent.

I will also be adding a capture of a recent TV interview in a couple of weeks. Plus we are currently considering producing an hour-long video for sale with footage from our recent show as part of the Comedy Store Festival. Please let me know if you think you might be interested.

Thanks all
David Straitjacket

My Website
Add me on facebook
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3612 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Great site, 100% better, keep the flag flying. Smile
Insomniacs Dream
View Profile
New user
Port Glasgow in scotland
67 Posts

Profile of Insomniacs Dream
Looks good man, I'll need to send you some pics and stuff of me.

alan
If i never sleep wy does it feel like im dreaming
DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
Hi all

Thanks for the compliment Kondidi, yeah, the site is getting there.

Hey Alan, send me what you have, I would be interested to see it. Smile

Have fun

MCL

David

My Website
Add me on facebook
Pablo Tejero
View Profile
Inner circle
Zaragoza, SPAIN
1201 Posts

Profile of Pablo Tejero
David...after looking at your page (congratulations, I love it) did you ever think of doing cardmagic instead? Smile

All the best magic,
Pablo Tejero Smile
"The Magic is in the air, you just have to... breathe it!"
DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
Hehe.. I can do a bit of card magic, but.. I am not very good at it Smile

Actually, in the show I sometimes use a card trick as a lead into the human dartboard. I get an audience member to pick a card 'entirly at random', which they then keep hold of along with the rest of the deck, I then produce a 'perfectly ordinary bag' and some small cards, after showing them the small cards I drop them in the bag, them reach in and pull out three. I am good enough at the force I use to not actually expose it, but do it badly enough (partly on purpose) that they know that something is going on.

Now comes the good bit, the reveal:

The three small cards are all taped to Martins back, and I select one at random with 5 darts, all throw at him from across the stage, the dart that sticks in Martin closest to the card turns out to be theirs.

The poorness of my card handling makes this a very funny routine, it also creates a running gag as the other two selected cards are left on the stage and I get to pick them up later and say, 'umm, another 3 of hearts Smile', which always gets a laugh.

By the way, in a week or so I will be adding some more video to the site. Including a couple of complete routines and a reworked version of the promo vid, which is a lot more extreme than the current one.

Cheers all

David Straitjacket

My Website
Add me on facebook
m.s.magic
View Profile
Regular user
England-newcastle-
105 Posts

Profile of m.s.magic
David Straitjacket

WHY OH WHY abuse your body in such a way. Bet you don't have a girlfriend!
Regards, Tom Smile
What is real and what is an illusion ? it all depends on your perception, reality is only limited by the boundries of the imagination, and imagination can defy the laws of everything - Criss Angel
DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
Quote Path Traced "cache-ntc-ad03.proxy.aol.com"

Hi Tom

I am giving you the benefit of the doubt and assuming you are playing with me.

By the way, the girl featured all over the website, that's Nikki, my girlfriend of 10 years. Lovely, isn't she.

Regards

David Straitjacket

My Website
Add me on facebook
m.s.magic
View Profile
Regular user
England-newcastle-
105 Posts

Profile of m.s.magic
Yeah I was. I wouldn't insult anyone from England (not implying I insult people from other places).
Best regards, Tom Smile
What is real and what is an illusion ? it all depends on your perception, reality is only limited by the boundries of the imagination, and imagination can defy the laws of everything - Criss Angel
netartifacts
View Profile
New user
Delaware, USA
21 Posts

Profile of netartifacts
What a show David! Great Website! Keep up the good work, David!
"Three may keep a secret if two are dead" Ben Franklin
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1990 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
Congrats David! I've always enjoyed the site though I wouldn't try any of it at home.

I enjoy the FAQ question: "Why should I watch this crap".

To which David responds: "Because everyone loves a good accident". Hahahahaha! Good one David. Continued success!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Sideshow website updated (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL