The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Big and the Small » » Do you know the name of this jumbo card reveal? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TheRaven
View Profile
Special user
597 Posts

Profile of TheRaven
Does anyone remember the name of this method for revealing a chosen card? All I can remember is “penta pasteboards” or “penetrating pasteboards” or something like that. Mine is probably 20 years old. I’d like to replace it. I guess I could remake it myself but it didn’t cost that much so I’d like to buy it but can’t seem to find it on the market. The slight is easy to do and very convincing.

Here is a quick summary of the effect. A card is forced from an ordinary deck. The magician produces two large pieces of white cardboard (they are about the size of a jumbo card with an extra inch on all 4 sides).

The magician shows that each piece of cardboard is blank on all sides (?). The cardboard is squared together in a stack and when they are separated, a poker size playing card has appeared from nowhere, laying face up on the bottom piece. “Don’t tell me what your card was, just tell me – is this your card?”, the magician asks. “No!” is the answer. “Was your card bigger or smaller?” “Bigger”, the spectator answers.

Trying again, the magician repeats demonstrating that both sides of the cardboard are blank, squares them together, and when they are separated, another poker size playing card is laying there. Again using the same word play, this is NOT the chosen card. “Bigger”, says the spectator.

Once again, the magician demonstrates that both sides of the cardboard are blank, squares them, and then finally in exasperation asks the spectator – what was your card? The cardboard is then separated and laying there face up is a jumbo card and of course it is the selected card.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Big and the Small » » Do you know the name of this jumbo card reveal? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL