The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Losander's Bubbles? (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3623 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
Losander's DVD's are great! Well worth the cost...
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3519 Posts

Profile of SpellbinderEntertainment
I you ordered this I hope you got the Bubble Mixture as well, or else you have half the routine.... Walt
LeeAlex2002
View Profile
Inner circle
1007 Posts

Profile of LeeAlex2002
Losander's Bubble Zombie is supplied with the liquid, gimmicks, cloth and DVD - I just wish that there was a suitable pipe supplied too to make this 100% complete...
Yours Magically,
Lee Alex

https://www.devilshank.com/
Alexander Wells
View Profile
Veteran user
311 Posts

Profile of Alexander Wells
Quote:
On 2009-08-06 08:01, Magicdoc88 wrote:
The "floating, bouncing bubble on the hoop" effect as well as the others is on the Art of Levitation 1&2 DVD, while the Zombie bubble is in the Part 3 DVD.

Other way around...the bubble zombie is on 1&2 and the ring is on vol3.
Vol 3 has his version of the zombie ball though, the Tommy Wonder/ Losander gimmick.
I made a very suitable bubble pipe from a transparent plastic cigar tube which a single £4 cigar came in. A hacksaw and file took the closed end off.
The cigar wasn't anything to write home about though...
indomagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1143 Posts

Profile of indomagic
I wish he supply with suitable pipe as well...Smile
suave
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of suave
Ive been practicing the whole routine for two years and let me tell you it is difficult. Have not yet performed it but I'm hoping to put it into my routine eventually.
MagicMichealMan
View Profile
Veteran user
Vancouver Island, British Columbia
349 Posts

Profile of MagicMichealMan
Does anyone think that the "Touch-a-bubble" stuff that was put on the market as a kids toy a few years back might more better with this? I remember those being pretty strong bubbles that you could hold in your hand.

Mike
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3519 Posts

Profile of SpellbinderEntertainment
This probably won't work as once you've got it would be hard to get rid of it correctly.
Their texture/weight is not quite right so movement could be problematic too.
And the contents would probably have a tendency to stain.
Get some from Cost-Plus Markets and play a little with it.
Walt
MagicMichealMan
View Profile
Veteran user
Vancouver Island, British Columbia
349 Posts

Profile of MagicMichealMan
Walt,

Thanks for the advice, I'm thinking about playing with it, I might try doing it without bubbles at all.

Mike
Alexander Wells
View Profile
Veteran user
311 Posts

Watch out for smoke machines when doing this effect and others with bubbles. Smoke machine smoke kills the bubbles and they'll pop before they even get off the tube.
You have to be very specific with your staging requirements (which you give to the venue beforehand) with this trick.
Air con and fans need to be off and sometimes even the cooling fans in stage lighting can cause problems.
Obviously you can't perform in the dark but you need to check it out in a tech rehearsal.
You have been warned!
RPAYNE40S
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of RPAYNE40S
Can anyone tell me where to buy glycerin???
Alexander Wells
View Profile
Veteran user
311 Posts

The "home baking" section of the supermarket. Next to food colouring etc.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2011-04-14 18:59, RPAYNE40S wrote:

It can be purchased in any Pharmacy, Walgreen's, CVS, etc.
LFoxx
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of LFoxx
You don't need a Glycerin to make good bubble juice. The recipe I used to break the Guinness World Record for bubble bouncing contained no Glycerin.

Try 1 part Dawn to 9 parts water, put it in a pot bring it to a boil and let it cool off.

The main drawback to that solution is that it will spoil faster than solutions with Glycerin, depending on the time of year it lasts a week to a month. So I make it in small batches (about 18 ounces at a time) to last me through that week. It's a cheap, easy and it a good general purpose small to medium sized bubble juice.

If you are interested in doing any bubble stuff (even if it's just Losander's routine) find a copy of Tom Noddy's book, it's dirt cheap on the Amazon.com market place and is full of tips on performing with bubbles.
Lawrens Godon
View Profile
Inner circle
France
1108 Posts

Profile of Lawrens Godon
Thanks isaaclouie for the tips...
I live in France and I'm yet to find a good counterpart to Dawn. Do you know of a product which does the job ?
Also, how long do you let it boil ?
Thanks again ^^
randirain
View Profile
Inner circle
Fort Worth, TX
1650 Posts

Profile of randirain
Quote:
On 2011-04-14 18:59, RPAYNE40S wrote:

Also, hobby stores that sell supplies for making soap and lotion.

Randi
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I don't know for sure, but I bet there is Glycerin in Dawn Dish soap. They advertise dish soaps is gentle on hands and that would mean that they have to put an ingredient like Glycerin in the product.
LFoxx
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of LFoxx
I get it to a boil and then let it cool off. You really need to keep an eye on it or it will boil over. After that I pour it in a mason jar and let it cool on the kitchen counter. Once it's cooled of I put the lid on it and it's ready to go!

DO NOT try rush cooling it off by putting it in the fridge.

I don't know a good substitute for Dawn simply because I haven't had to look. If I was in your situation I'd order a big jug of it from the USA and have it shipped. It'll cost a lot to get it shipped, but most bubble recipes use very little Dawn, so a jug would last a long time.

I'm no chemist, so I don't know if Glycerin goes by another name, but it's doesn't appear to be on the list of ingredients that I found:

Active Ingredient: Triclosan (0.10%). Inactive Ingredients: Water, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, C12-14-16 Dimethyl Amine Oxide, SD Alcohol, Sodium Chloride, PPG-26, PEI-14 PEG-10/PPG-7 Copolymer, Cyclohexanediamine, Phenoxyethanol, Magnesium Chloride, Methylisothiazolinone
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1830 Posts

Profile of wally
Please let me know if the Losander bubble cloth is worth buying, thanks.
Alexander Wells
View Profile
Veteran user
311 Posts

Quote:
On 2011-05-15 14:09, wally wrote:
Please let me know if the Losander bubble cloth is worth buying, thanks.

Do you mean the bubble zombie?
It depends what you want it for.
It's a great effect.
It's not an easy effect to do.
There are a lot of environmental considerations to take into account.
It's not 100% reliable even if you're Caféful.

Having said all that, I use it and think it's worth the effort.
So, no, I'd steer clear if I were you. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Losander's Bubbles? (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL