The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » The Best Sankey Card Magic DVD (Help!) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Maloney
View Profile
Special user
Newfoundland, Canada
709 Posts

Profile of Maloney
Hey guys,

I was just wondering what the best Jay Sankey card magic DVD is. I am leaning towards Sleight of Hand Secrets with Cards, but I need a little advice and assurance that I will use the effects on the DVD. If you can recommend anything, please do. Feel free for everyone to chime in with their own opinions on whats best. If you could supply reviews for the DVD's that would be great also.

Thanks a million!

Maloney
The Magic and Illusion of Jordan Maloney
"Experience the Unexplainable"

www.jordanmaloney.com

Go check it out!
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
5863 Posts

Profile of motown
You'll probably get more out of his 3 Hardcover books. My personal favorite is "100% Sankey".
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6074 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
Quote:
On 2009-07-29 12:29, Maloney wrote:
assurance that I will use the effects on the DVD.

Maloney


I think asking for opinions is one thing but how would any of us know what you would or would not do or can and can not do? The same goes for "BEST", what I consider as someones best and what another may be completely different!

MMc
Maloney
View Profile
Special user
Newfoundland, Canada
709 Posts

Profile of Maloney
Quote:
On 2009-07-29 13:28, MickeyPainless wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-07-29 12:29, Maloney wrote:
assurance that I will use the effects on the DVD.

Maloney


I think asking for opinions is one thing but how would any of us know what you would or would not do or can and can not do? The same goes for "BEST", what I consider as someones best and what another may be completely different!

MMc


I'm talking about practicality. If it's practical, I will use it, no matter how difficult the sleights used are. Again, I'm looking for DVD's, not books. Thanks for your suggestion thouhg!

So, which DVD is better?
The Magic and Illusion of Jordan Maloney
"Experience the Unexplainable"

www.jordanmaloney.com

Go check it out!
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6074 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
What's practical to one is not necessarily going to be practical to another! Ray Kosby's Raise Rise is not practical for me but Eric Jones makes it look like absolute magic! Steven Youell's Mongrel Pass is flawless in his hands but is a real mutt in mine! I have moves that can fly in a real game yet you might get yourself shot in the same game with the same move!

Obviously if something has made it to print or film it's practical to/for someone but not all! Without knowing some back round about you, your style, how long you've been involved in magic, what your practice habits are, hand size, etc etc etc it makes it difficult for anyone to make a suggestion!

I'm not trying to bust your chops, just being "practical"! Smile

Hope that makes sense,

MMc
Maloney
View Profile
Special user
Newfoundland, Canada
709 Posts

Profile of Maloney
Quote:
On 2009-07-29 14:08, MickeyPainless wrote:
What's practical to one is not necessarily going to be practical to another! Ray Kosby's Raise Rise is not practical for me but Eric Jones makes it look like absolute magic! Steven Youell's Mongrel Pass is flawless in his hands but is a real mutt in mine! I have moves that can fly in a real game yet you might get yourself shot in the same game with the same move!

Obviously if something has made it to print or film it's practical to/for someone but not all! Without knowing some back round about you, your style, how long you've been involved in magic, what your practice habits are, hand size, etc etc etc it makes it difficult for anyone to make a suggestion!

I'm not trying to bust your chops, just being "practical"! Smile

Hope that makes sense,

MMc


Thank you for responding, and yes it does make sense. But, in your onpinion, what's the best Sankey card magic DVD?
The Magic and Illusion of Jordan Maloney
"Experience the Unexplainable"

www.jordanmaloney.com

Go check it out!
Garrett
View Profile
Loyal user
Missouri
258 Posts

Profile of Garrett
Maloney,

You might find this thread helpful:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......m=111&13
MerlH
View Profile
Loyal user
Carolina Shores, N.C.
272 Posts

Profile of MerlH
Revolutionary Card Magic by Sankey contains card magic that is definately "outside the box". It kills. The DVDs contain over 5 HOURS of material. This is not for beginning magicans but all the sleights are shown and explained very well. You can not go wrong getting this video.

I have most of Sankey's DVDs and I consider this one, one of the best.
Merl Hamen Old dog-- New tricks
Maloney
View Profile
Special user
Newfoundland, Canada
709 Posts

Profile of Maloney
Quote:
On 2009-07-29 14:37, MerlH wrote:
Revolutionary Card Magic by Sankey contains card magic that is definately "outside the box". It kills. The DVDs contain over 5 HOURS of material. This is not for beginning magicans but all the sleights are shown and explained very well. You can not go wrong getting this video.

I have most of Sankey's DVDs and I consider this one, one of the best.


I could not find Revolutionary Card Magic anywhere on his site. Does he not carry it anymore?

Thanks for you help, I appreciate it.
The Magic and Illusion of Jordan Maloney
"Experience the Unexplainable"

www.jordanmaloney.com

Go check it out!
Garrett
View Profile
Loyal user
Missouri
258 Posts

Profile of Garrett
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Great folks over at Mad Hatter!!! When there, don't forget to look at their killer discount page:

http://www.madhattermagicshop.com/magicshop/specials.php
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Maloney
View Profile
Special user
Newfoundland, Canada
709 Posts

Profile of Maloney
Quote:
On 2009-07-30 10:09, Christopher Kavanagh wrote:
Great folks over at Mad Hatter!!! When there, don't forget to look at their killer discount page:

http://www.madhattermagicshop.com/magicshop/specials.php


Thanks Christopher.
The Magic and Illusion of Jordan Maloney
"Experience the Unexplainable"

www.jordanmaloney.com

Go check it out!
coolini
View Profile
Regular user
australia
175 Posts

Profile of coolini
For me it was firestarters dvd, it's magic with cards to attract girls....the ideas were great and that's how I got hooked up to magic rather then being hooked up with girls!!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » The Best Sankey Card Magic DVD (Help!) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL