The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Greg Wilson's Pointless (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
Newb2
View Profile
Elite user
472 Posts

Profile of Newb2
Anyone see this on Gregory Wilson's site?

http://gregorywilsonfx.com/pointless.html

A neat little pen trick that would be a great follow up to Recap.

Any thoughts? I think the method is apparent based on the demo as a stand alone, but as a follow-up to Recap, it should play strongly.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I heard about this about a year ago and it sounded so good. Greg was excited about releasing it and from the demo, I can see why. Stand alone or done with re-cap and I think you would have a fun routine. Lay people wouldn't guess the gaff if it was performed properly ( same way a TT still fools folks when it's done right ).

I'm sure the DVD will have Greg sharing all the nuances to make it a show piece.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8660 Posts

Profile of Mb217
I'm a coin guy mostly but love Greg Wilson's stuff. His coin work is also very good so you almost have to give this new Pen trick a try.

With my good buddy Chris here recommending it I have no other choice but to give it a whirl. Smile

It really looks nice and the sort of stuff I like to do when I'm not doing one of my coin effects. I have the same excitement about this that I have for Sankey's Killer Key and or Leaving Home effects. Those tricks were real workers for me and this new Wilson effect "Pointless" seems about down the same alley as to amazing in-your-face close-up magic.

Knowing the quality of Greg Wilson ideas and effects, on GP alone I highly recommend you give this a try. Smile Personally, I need a new pen so it might as well be this one. Smile -Mb
*Check out my latest: MBs Morgan w/ BONUS: Destiny, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at www.VinnyMarini.com Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
synth_infusion
View Profile
Loyal user
210 Posts

Profile of synth_infusion
Woo looks great! Love Gregory's stuff. Great effect to add to Re-cap. I can't wait to get this.

-Rahat
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Greg says he's carried and used this everyday for about 3 years, both professionally and personally. He uses Pointless as an isolated stand-alone piece. Only if the situation demands, does he follow up with Recap.

I think the dvd will be a big help to someone like me. This type of effect, if not done right, they will catch on ( like the TT ). I'm sure Greg will give tips and such to avoid that happening.

professorwhut
View Profile
Inner circle
Posts R US sold me
1347 Posts

Profile of professorwhut
Just tried to order this, the order now button does not work for me.
After much soul searching about a signature, I decided not to have one.

TG Pop [aka ProfessorWhut]
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2009-07-29 14:29, professorwhut wrote:
Just tried to order this, the order now button does not work for me.

What browser are you using? Internet Explorer works and it takes you to PayPal to checkout.

professorwhut
View Profile
Inner circle
Posts R US sold me
1347 Posts

Profile of professorwhut
I am using Safari,
When I click on Order Now, it does nothing.

I will try Explorer, and see what happens.

Thanks.

Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Good luck and keep us posted!

Barry Gitelson
View Profile
Special user
Kona Hawaii
901 Posts

Profile of Barry Gitelson
Mozilla Firefox worked just fine.
"Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God." Author: Leo Buscaglia
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3382 Posts

Profile of takeachance
I luv this guys stuff. I think he is an extremely creative mind. I use a lot of his Ön the spot"routines still, so just ordered this, and will get back in a week or so to let you know what I think
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4030 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
I guess if you need a back up to the you know what or if you don't already have a you know what, then this is a good buy. Not sure if it's such a great buy if you already have one, or two, or x-number of you know what's lying around. Maybe he should also release a DVD only version of this?
Lloyd Barnes
View Profile
Special user
513 Posts

Profile of Lloyd Barnes
A couple of months back I was at Gregorys UK lecture, in Cardiff.

He did this and fooled Everyone!

He sold this to my close friend Geraint Clarke and I have to tell you quality of this thing is unparalleled, down to the last detail.

Greg told us how he literally spent months finding the right manufacturer to produce these and even though it are fairly pricey, it's worth every penny.

Also, on the DVD, I believe, it has an extended routine which is even better.

Anyway, Geraint is a working performer and uses only card magic in his walk around close up gigs, accept for this.

I can't recommend this anymore. GET THIS!

Cheers,

Lloyd
professorwhut
View Profile
Inner circle
Posts R US sold me
1347 Posts

Profile of professorwhut
I got it to work with Explorer.

Thanks for the help!

Doctor D
View Profile
Elite user
481 Posts

Profile of Doctor D
Quote:
On 2009-07-29 17:02, kissdadookie wrote:
I guess if you need a back up to the you know what or if you don't already have a you know what, then this is a good buy. Not sure if it's such a great buy if you already have one, or two, or x-number of you know what's lying around. Maybe he should also release a DVD only version of this?

I have seen an early prototype of this last October, and I can tell you that this pen is slightly different, in that the end isn't flat, but rounded, as it should be on a regular pen. Of course, the you-know-what is shaped accordingly to accomodate this.
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4030 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
I've seen custom ones like this as well Smile It's what is needed if you're going to use a Bic pen for this gimmick. I'm definitely not knocking it since as a full package, it's at a good price point. Just throwing it out there since there's quite a few of us that probably has a box full of them Smile
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7294 Posts

Profile of paisa23
VERY INTRESTING!!!
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2229 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
As much as I love Greg's stuff and I don't know the actual secret of this, it seems like I could accomplish the same thing with a bic pen through dollar trick, which uses only one pen, if you catch my drift.
Newb2
View Profile
Elite user
472 Posts

Profile of Newb2
Quote:
On 2009-07-29 21:58, MagicBrent wrote:
As much as I love Greg's stuff and I don't know the actual secret of this, it seems like I could accomplish the same thing with a bic pen through dollar trick, which uses only one pen, if you catch my drift.

I think a high quality pen adds much to the deceptiveness. From what I gathered from the other posts, Greg paid attention to the details when getting these manufactured (the slightly round end on the Bic). The other pen throughs look pretty bad. Maybe it's just me, but I'm so used to Bic pens, I would notice something was odd without a rounded end.
Nechto
View Profile
Special user
UK
870 Posts

Profile of Nechto
I remember his lecture at Blackpool 08 and he performed Pre-Cap which was in his lecture notes that I bought, it looks like he has taken that routine and streamlined it for that Gregory Wilson goodness!

I love everything this guy does, he is a class act!

Ben Williams
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Greg Wilson's Pointless (3 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.27 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL