The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Greg Wilson's Pointless (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I think folk with some experience can figure out what's going on. But, since this is not a routine you would do if it weren't for Greg releasing it, then play fair and get this.

Also, I'm sure Greg, as others have pointed out, designed the pen for this specific routine. So, it would be better to get this pen. And then you get a dvd...and....lol. You get the idea.

Anyway, I dig Greg's stuff and I think this looks like another winner from him.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Fábio DeRose
View Profile
Inner circle
San Paolo, Brasile
1477 Posts

Profile of Fábio DeRose
My brain just turned upside down. This is just too awesome not to be real magic.
Fábio De'Rose - Ilusionista
www.ENIGMAGICO.com.br

Twitter @Enigmagico
Krazyjay
View Profile
Loyal user
One hand typed all
265 Posts

Profile of Krazyjay
I order this today, Will let you guy know what I think when I get it.

Jeremy
Krazyjay
View Profile
Loyal user
One hand typed all
265 Posts

Profile of Krazyjay
Just got an email from Greg, and he said the AD for Pointless got out early. He also said it will be one more week til it ships.

Cheers
Jeremy
broothal
View Profile
Elite user
Europe
448 Posts

Profile of broothal
Will the gimmick stay in place while performing re-capped? With the striking vanish and all? Because I agree that this would be perfect along with recapped, and you wouldn't want to switch pens.
Newb2
View Profile
Elite user
472 Posts

Profile of Newb2
You would just add in the "gimmick" when you perform the Pointless routine. Obviously no need to keep it on the pen when performing Recapped.
broothal
View Profile
Elite user
Europe
448 Posts

Profile of broothal
But of course... I don't know what I was thinking (well I do - I was thinking of "perfect pen" since they share some similarities).
Newb2
View Profile
Elite user
472 Posts

Profile of Newb2
Nah, it's probably more similar in design to the cheapo ones hah.
Maloney
View Profile
Special user
Newfoundland, Canada
709 Posts

Profile of Maloney
Greg really knows how to knock the spectator dead. This looks pretty neat.
The Magic and Illusion of Jordan Maloney
"Experience the Unexplainable"

www.jordanmaloney.com

Go check it out!
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17049 Posts

Profile of joseph
I want to make people run away like he does...I'm getting it... Smile ...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Bungee
View Profile
Regular user
160 Posts

Profile of Bungee
Greg Wilson has always been one of my favorite magicians and again he releases a stunner. What great routining, as always.

I can't wait for mine to arrive. The gimmick I have is not of the quality described here and I can't wait to hear his finer points on the handling.

Kicking myself for not adding "Freakey" to the cart as well before checking out but I just bought a 3CM and don't want a divorce.
Maloney
View Profile
Special user
Newfoundland, Canada
709 Posts

Profile of Maloney
Quote:
On 2009-08-01 07:53, joseph wrote:
I want to make people run away like he does...I'm getting it... Smile ...

Greg's good at that. Smile
The Magic and Illusion of Jordan Maloney
"Experience the Unexplainable"

www.jordanmaloney.com

Go check it out!
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2317 Posts

Profile of Doomo
May I just say... Best title for a post all year!!!
If you ever get to a point where words have no meaning, you're probably talking to a dog.

Remember! More Bang For LESS Bucks! It is the right way!

www.rfaproductions.com
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
Wow, what a great idea. I really like how Greg always seems to take ordinary objects and puts an interesting twist on how it can be used as a magic prop.
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
4914 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Everything Greg does is great magic.
THIS is a fun concept.
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3001 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
Magic aside, Greg's routines are always well worth watching/reading just for the jokes and audience interaction. He's a master at scripting "impromptu" gags and lines by the dozens.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
Mediocre the Great
View Profile
Inner circle
Rich Hurley
1060 Posts

Profile of Mediocre the Great
Greg Wilson is super clever but he must have some weird obsession with Bic Pens. I must say however, I'm glad he does! I see lots of potential for this!

Can you imagine doing a trade show or corporate sales presentation where you talk about the importance of getting to the point and signing the contract?

Or a story about having dificulty signing a traffic ticket?
Mediocrity is greatly under rated!
--------------------------------------------

Rich Hurley aka Mediocre The Great!
www.RichHurleyMagic.com
Jamie D
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2292 Posts

Profile of Jamie D
I am a mentalist but I have to admit, Greg wilson is one of my favourit performers to watch. The exitement/enthusiasm and his ability to connect with the spectators is just amazeing to watch. Not to mention some of the products he releases are top notch.

Daren
Twitter @darjames
Eight Spades
View Profile
Elite user
Ohio (northwest)
482 Posts

Profile of Eight Spades
I haven't been on here for a couple of years so let me re-introduce myself. I'm Christian Grisier, and I created this routine almost by accident back in 2002.

I'm sitting in my dorm room freshman year of college practicing a variation on the pen through dollar routine in front of a mirror when I flipped the pen around and accidently fooled myself into believing it never moved. It sounds confusing, but check out Gregory's preview video and you'll see what I mean. It was truly a magical moment. If you've never completely fooled yourself you're missing out on real magic.

I worked this move and a few other convincers into a mini routine using the pen. I usually started out with this routine before transitioning into Recapped. Before I knew it, I was buying out the local magic shop's supply of pens through dollar and not even performing the effect it was designed for!

About three years ago I met Gregory in Toledo when he came to lecture for our Ring. After the session we went out for dinner and a few drinks. My friend was bugging me all night to show Gregory my lead in routine to Recapped, but I was much too reserved and figured he'd already seen something like that a thousand times. Eventually my friend waited till I wasn't looking and told Gregory to ask me about the pen trick. I reluctantly did the routine and he was very excited about it. On the drive home he was pulling up next to me in his car and doing the move in the rear view mirror and yelling out the window at me about how cool it was! Talk about an unexpected night.

Over the last few years Gregory and I talked about the idea of marketing this as a standalone routine, but one problem stood in the way... those terrible pens don't look like anything normal. He designed and had manufactured this pen in Bic format, making every detail about the pen perfect, right down to the perfectly con-vexed Bic end. Trust me, it will pass examination by laypersons, and the rounded end makes handling almost automatic.

It's taken a long time and the name was changed from Precapped to Pointless, but this product is well worth the wait. I've been performing my version of the routine, which you'll see me teach on the included DVD, for the past seven years. It's such an easy, fun way to start out a performance. I love it because rather than the magician controlling a magical situation, the magic just seems to be sort of... happening. The most fun way to perform it is to act as if you're on the same side of confusion and bewilderment as the spectators.

Anyway, I just had to drop by and give all who are interested the story behind the routine. Nice to see the interest in an effect that almost never happened! Message me if you have any specific questions on handling, I've got a few variations.

-Christian

P.S. If you want a perfect way to end completely clean, check out the last "throw move" I demonstrate on the video. It's easy, fair, and very impressive to a lay audience.
"Tricks are only the crude residue from which the lifeblood of magic has been drained." -S.H. Sharpe
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3140 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
I like it, typical Greg Wilson trick. Very entertaining!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Greg Wilson's Pointless (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.48 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL