The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Ultimate Positive Negative! (36 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10~11 [Next]
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
3236 Posts

Profile of NeilS
I agree with gabelson. The envelope idea is absolutely fantastic & rather than use it for the Positive Negative routine, I use it instead for Just Chance. This envelope ruse has been one of my best finds of the year Smile
rochaz
View Profile
Veteran user
I'm TORN.........
378 Posts

Profile of rochaz
NeilS,
Would you be kind enough to give us some more info on the "Just Chance" effect/routine?

Thanks in advance!

Respectfully,
Rochaz
- We do not want them to suspend disbelief in the way they would in theater and story. We want them to think critically and observe carefully. Our job is to force them to believe in magic even against their better judgment.”
Whit Hayden

:Juan R Rocha:
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
John, one of me will buy you a beer at mindvention....
Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On 2009-11-05 20:41, JanForster wrote:
John, one of me will buy you a beer at mindvention....
Jan

I WISH I could be there my friend. At MOST for YOUR beer.

John
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On 2009-11-05 15:42, NeilS wrote:
I agree with gabelson...

I have to agree as well!

j
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
First annual HOLIDAY discount

Use this: XMAS coupon and receive 25% off the entire order.

John
Wolfenout
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of Wolfenout
I just used this effect to play to a whole room at a restaurant. I was going to check the place out and one of the band members was going to introduce me to the manger. The band leader wanted me to come up and do something before there next set. I agreed but wasn't sure what to do because I only brought a few close up items to show the manager. I always carry at least one of these envelopes in my wallet and I just happened to bring an extra one with me. I presented both envelopes to the spectator, asking him some personal questions, which allowed me to determine which we would use for the game of chance. I then proceeded with the routine as normal. I had a mic so the room could hear both me and the spectator and in the end it got great applause. I was so pleased it worked for the larger crowd. I wasn't sure how it would play. I love this effect and always fry people with it. Thanks John.
AngeloR
View Profile
Elite user
441 Posts

Profile of AngeloR
Just got the effect. Very useful and clever idea. As mentioned earlier, the basic premise can be used in a variety of effects.

Nice job John.
Angelo
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On 2009-12-08 18:14, Wolfenout wrote:
I just used this effect to play to a whole room at a restaurant. I was going to check the place out and one of the band members was going to introduce me to the manger. The band leader wanted me to come up and do something before there next set. I agreed but wasn't sure what to do because I only brought a few close up items to show the manager. I always carry at least one of these envelopes in my wallet and I just happened to bring an extra one with me. I presented both envelopes to the spectator, asking him some personal questions, which allowed me to determine which we would use for the game of chance. I then proceeded with the routine as normal. I had a mic so the room could hear both me and the spectator and in the end it got great applause. I was so pleased it worked for the larger crowd. I wasn't sure how it would play. I love this effect and always fry people with it. Thanks John.

Definitely Wolfenout, the way this is laid out is prime for a room FULL of people or a stage routine. You could, is desired, make the effect in a larger envelope but it's not REALLY necessary.

Thanks and glad you found it of value. I like the idea of giving them their "choice" of envelopes. Never did it that way but it certainly frees their mind of method!!

John
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
Thanks Angelo! I appreciate it.

j
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Bought this when you first brought it out John and have been doing it ever since. Smile It's a great little effect, packs small and plays very big. I keep some on me wherever go and people are always amazed and left scratching their heads. Smile

I'm more of a coin guy but this breaks up the real coin stuff with Invisible coin stuff with no jingling. Smile I love it.

Between this, The Invisible Deck and B'wave with my coin stuff, I have an easy Mentalism set that kills. Not bad for a coin guy. Smile -Mb
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
Thank you for the comments MB, quite a strong testimonial. I appreciate it.

J
mrdane
View Profile
Regular user
Sacramento / San Francisco
191 Posts

Profile of mrdane
Hey everybody!

This sounds great. Although I've just recently purchased Scott Guinn's Positively Positive and am wondering if anybody has both. If so how do they compare?

Thanks
-Dane
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
They're different. start a new thread.

j
CardWiz
View Profile
Special user
Charleston, SC
626 Posts

Profile of CardWiz
Both are great in their own way. Depends on which advantages you are looking for. A new thread might be nice, but neither effect deserves to be put down. I think this is a rare occurrence when both should be owned.

CW
People have been calling me "Yu" lately. I don't know, must be Chinese.
mrdane
View Profile
Regular user
Sacramento / San Francisco
191 Posts

Profile of mrdane
Hey CardWiz!

Thanks for the info! I simply enjoyed performing the original version so much that I would love to learn any interesting variations!
CardWiz
View Profile
Special user
Charleston, SC
626 Posts

Profile of CardWiz
Although you have to carry envelopes with you, John's method allows the spectator to have a free choice and a there is convincing revelation.

CW
People have been calling me "Yu" lately. I don't know, must be Chinese.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
I agree with Wiz here that the other takes on this genre are great too, they all have their own POP! and are well worth it as amazing effects and as great values.

But it's no a big deal to carry the little envelopes around with you at all, no more than its any bother to carry around your credit cards or a few pictures of your kids. I carry a few with me nearly everywhere I go (whether I do it or not). I keep a couple in my jackets, a couple in my wallet and a few here and there to be able to do it anywhere I go. It's that easy to do and to carry around. Like I said, packs "very" small and plays "very" BIG!

Mrdane, 2 words - Get it!
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
Mb217 you are too kind!

J
boydy
View Profile
Special user
Ayrshire, Scotland
881 Posts

Profile of boydy
I know this is an old thread but can a regular letter envelope be used for this?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Ultimate Positive Negative! (36 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10~11 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL