The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The August 2009 entrée: Michael Vincent » » Michael Vincent - The Artist » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3780 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
THE ARTIST

In the world today, there are very few
magicians who posses the magical combination of superlative sleight of hand excellence and great theatrical presentation. Michael Vincent is one of the chosen few.

Over the last fourteen years, Michael has earned the enviable reputation of being among the top elite sleight of hand artist in the world. His sublime magic has been featured at numerous venues around the world for top corporations and international celebrities.

Michael would be the first to admit that great technique counts for nothing if it not supported by a meaningful theatrical presentation. “I believe that great sleight of hand magic combined with a good plot and presentation can make all the difference between the audiences acknowledging that they have experienced something extra-ordinary.”

It is this simple philosophy has defined Michael’s place in the history of magic. Michael’s magic is a tribute to the wonderful magicians who inspired him as a youngster. Magicians who were his mentors; Don Alan, Harry Lorayne, Cy Endfield (Director of the Movie ZULU), Tony Slydini, Derek Dingle, Darwin Ortiz, Larry Jennings and Michael Skinner.

Michael was fortunate to meet his heroes and to study the art of magic with them. Part of Michael’s on going legacy is to continue the chain of excellence these great master passed on to him.

From being a small boy watching David Nixon on TV, to entertaining Hollywood stars at The Magic Castle in California, Michael Vincent has come a very long way.

His dream was simple: to become the very best at his chosen craft, and bring worldclass magic within the reach of everyone. Now the high standards that he set for himself has audiences catching their breath. They see it, but they don't believe it. Fasten your seat belts, and set your faces to stun, Michael Vincent has arrived.

Never ridiculing or humiliating, Michael treats his audience with the utmost courtesy and respect.
Once using magic as a means to overcome his own shyness, Michael now utilises his art to assist others to overcome theirs, by drawing his audience into a world of wonder and enchantment. His skills break the ice at functions, making people relax and interact - a good time is had by all.

The reward for the thousands of hours of practice and training which has brought Michael to his present level, is observing the thrill in peoples eyes, as he evokes the emotions of total astonishment. For when 'the moment' comes, we all forget our troubles and are transported back into our childhood, as a miracle unfolds right before our eyes.

"I'm lucky to have the greatest job in the world" says Michael. "In return for the warmth that people generate towards me, as I watch them bond with 'the moment' and each other, I get to give each and every one of them a happy memory to treasure for the rest of their lives. They 'touch' me with their applause, and I 'touch' them with my art".

His communication and diplomacy skills, forged through the experience gained in performing his craft, have made Michael Vincent a much requested after-dinner speaker, motivator and trainer.

Recognized for his performing excellence, and relentless, painstaking, attention to detail, he is justifiably proud, and grateful, for the many honors that have been bestowed upon him by his peers:

Michael’s achievements today include:

• Magic Circle Close-up Magician of the Year 1983-1991-2003/2004 (This is the first time in the history of The Magic Circle that a magician has won this coveted award in threedifferent decades).
  • Best British Performer at the International Grand Prix-1991
  • International Magician of the Year 1994
  • FISM World Ranking 3-1997 Dresden Germany

Television Appearances to date:

• New Faces 1986
  • The Paul Daniel’s Magic show 1982
  • Tomorrow’s World 1982
  • Jim’ll fix it-1995
  • Talking Telephone numbers-1996
  • Trick on 2-Christmas 1998
  • Tricks and Trax
  • Paul Daniels Secrets-1998
  • Channel Four’s “Heroes of Magic”-2000.
  • Best Ever Magic Tricks ITV 2001
  • The Heaven and Earth Show BBC1 2005

In addition Michael has become a regular performer at the world famous Magic Castle in Hollywood California.

Michael’s approach to the performance of magic is very simple; “fool your audience badly, but be nice about it”. This approach combines laughter with astonishment. This pin points Michael’s great attitude and approach to dealing with people and his sensitivity to their desires and wants.

Finally, the real secret to Michael’s magic is very simple; you have here a man who possesses the heart and soul of a magician. This spirit and passion for this honorable profession is what makes the Michael Vincent experience so unique in this modern era of entertainment, a rare commodity indeed………………….
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The August 2009 entrée: Michael Vincent » » Michael Vincent - The Artist » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL