The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » David Blaine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
prescott
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of prescott
Does David Blaine ever do shows for crowds. Or does he just do his TV shows. I have never seen David Blaine in Vegas or something like that advertised. Why not?
Magic Happens
Houdini103126
View Profile
Elite user
407 Posts

Profile of Houdini103126
Blaine is supposedly working on a new travelling show that will bring him all across the country...

Houdini 10-31-26 Smile
magic 12376
View Profile
Regular user
Wilkes-Barre Pa
115 Posts

Profile of magic 12376
I would really like to see that. I think it would be quite interesting to see how he incorporates street style magic into a travelling show.
Ronald R. Romiski
Tor Egil
View Profile
Elite user
Norway
495 Posts

Profile of Tor Egil
He is also working on a movie, Trick Monkey.
markkwan
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of markkwan
Wow trick monkey. Looks good. Time to look for more info!
What good is a night, when you can't break it.
netartifacts
View Profile
New user
Delaware, USA
21 Posts

Profile of netartifacts
Harry Houdini was a great magician but he became really successful when he gave up doing magic tricks and started to do escape stunts.. I think David Blaine is following in his footsteps...
"Three may keep a secret if two are dead" Ben Franklin
Rob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
2060 Posts

Profile of Rob Johnston
Quote:
On 2004-01-09 16:25, netartifacts wrote:
Harry Houdini was a great magician but he became really successful when he gave up doing magic tricks and started to do escape stunts.. I think David Blaine is following in his footsteps...

He has a lot of respect for Houdini. He talked more about Houdini in his new book than he did about himself. I think you are right.
"Genius is another word for magic, and the whole point of magic is that it is inexplicable." - Margot Fonteyn
Jordan Piper
View Profile
Veteran user
British Columbia, Canada
309 Posts

Profile of Jordan Piper
Trick Monkey is a movie based on Blaine. It would star Robert De Niro as a magician and Leo DiCaprio as his apprentice. Here's a link that says basically what I just did. http://www.1streetmagic.com/david_blaine......ates.htm
Reis O'Brien
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
2467 Posts

Profile of Reis O'Brien
"He has a lot of respect for Houdini."

I agree. I believe he does.

"He talked more about Houdini in his new book than he did about himself."

However this seems to be insanely inaccurate!
Homo vult decipi; decipiatur

http://www.myspace.com/liar_4_hire
m.s.magic
View Profile
Regular user
England-newcastle-
105 Posts

Profile of m.s.magic
Quote:
On 2003-06-01 16:11, prescott wrote:
Does David Blaine ever do shows for crowds.

Because he can't; most of his tricks are camera tricks and use stooges!
Sorry if I have offended anyone.
Best regards, Tom Smile
What is real and what is an illusion ? it all depends on your perception, reality is only limited by the boundries of the imagination, and imagination can defy the laws of everything - Criss Angel
Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2914 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
Quote:
On 2003-06-01 16:11, prescott wrote:
I have never seen David Blaine in Vegas or something like that advertised. Why not?

Because to get shows in Vegas you have to have original acts, with original tricks, and very entertaining performances. David Blaine does none of these.
Eirik
View Profile
Special user
Oslo
879 Posts

Profile of Eirik
He respects Houdini, but his biggest influence is his mother, guess she's a better magician then.....?

Smile Smile

-e-
...As long as i`m not a world-champion at anything, the great reactions of doin` magic will do just fine.....
wizz
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of wizz
In this months "MAGIC" magazine it says that Blaine has been working on a live show in New York that is to be on 24 hours a day. Apparently he has been working on this project for seven years. This has not happened yet but it's in the pipe line after the "dive of doom" or whatever it's called. Smile
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
David Blane is not a Street Magi. He is good at promoting himself, and he uses any means possible. He is a guy that does tricks and stunts. If he has ever passed the hat, then it has not come back full.
In my mind he is not a Street Performer, rather he is in love with himself as opposed to being in love with the street. Overall he is good at what he does, if you like that kind of thing, but Street Magi, NO.
God Bless Him Smile
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14063 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I think this has been discussed in another thread, and the conclusion was that he does "strolling street magic" A hybrid of street magic and strolling magic.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
King Of Pop
View Profile
Veteran user
Estonia
392 Posts

Profile of King Of Pop
I like Blaine!
God Bless You, I Love You From The Bottom Of My Heart
everlast
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of everlast
He has done some shows but its his same tricks he doesn't do stage magic with wires and all that stuff
magicman123
View Profile
New user
86 Posts

Profile of magicman123
Blaine does great magic, he is the "Worlds Best Illusionist" or atleast I think so
pcamel
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of pcamel
Blaine's content of tricks may not be too original but he has a knack for creating genuine interest in his performances. I would be very interested in what kind of "hook" he has developed for a stage show.
Oz Fan
View Profile
Loyal user
277 Posts

Profile of Oz Fan
If you wanna find info on blaine's movie trick monkey go to http://www.1streetmagic.com
Blake S.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » David Blaine (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL