The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Doctor DavidL's Cups and Balls (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

kentfgunn
View Profile
Inner circle
Merritt Island FL
1636 Posts

Profile of kentfgunn
Good stuff, his original routine and some very clean sequences make this worth watching.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAGoA2LeVnI

KG
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Definitely worth watching. Would like to see him do it with some folks watching to get interactions.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
dcjames
View Profile
Special user
577 Posts

Profile of dcjames
Very nice.

Thanks for sharing.

Best,

dc
“Magic is very easy to do - poorly.”

Tommy Wonder
The Books of Wonder
Volume 2
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6074 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
Looks like Mendoza's!
milesg
View Profile
Regular user
(of experimental medications)
160 Posts

Profile of milesg
Hmm, Mendoza's have two shoulder beads. I'm not sure what those are.

The routine was really great... Seemed to fit the style of routine that I envision creating at some point (when I get my ducks in a row). I love the directness of it, and the execution was very good. Thanks for sharing Kent!
professorwhut
View Profile
Inner circle
Posts R US sold me
1347 Posts

Profile of professorwhut
I think he meant the routine looks like Mendoza's rather than the cups.
I thought the same thing.
After much soul searching about a signature, I decided not to have one.

TG Pop [aka ProfessorWhut]
cupsandballsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
2706 Posts

Profile of cupsandballsmagic
Yeah I think Mickey meant there was more than a tip of the hat to Mendoza's routine, cups look like bazar de magia to me.
milesg
View Profile
Regular user
(of experimental medications)
160 Posts

Profile of milesg
Whoops, you're right. I'm not completely familiar with Mendoza's routine. Though from what I remember, the start of this routine is quite similar.
cupsandballsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
2706 Posts

Profile of cupsandballsmagic
This routine begins with the second phase and first load.
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4355 Posts

Profile of rannie
The Mendoza Routine has been the back bone of my routine. Its the best C-Cups routine in my opinion. Structure and choreography wise. Thank you Mr. Mendoza! Its great to see magicians studying and performing this great routine. Cheers to Doctor David from Manila!

Rannie
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
kentfgunn
View Profile
Inner circle
Merritt Island FL
1636 Posts

Profile of kentfgunn
Rannie,

I think Mendoza must be given great credit for starting the ball rolling. I don't know of another routine using that gimmick that was published before his work. I do think that Charlie Frye's routine is right up there though.

Your stuff is another level that I think adds to Mendoza's work!
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6074 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
Sorry for not being clear..... I meant it looked like Mendoza's routine(s) not his cups! It's actually got a bit of both of John's published routines from what I can see!
NurseRob
View Profile
Elite user
Dallas, TX
469 Posts

Profile of NurseRob
The moves are nicely done, and I have to say that to me, the Mendoza combo routine is the finest I've seen yet for combo cup sets. Though I now prefer a regular cup set, mastering Mendoza's routine is a real challenge. It's like learning Vernons Symphony, once that is under your belt, you can grow in any direction from there My hat is off to DrDavidL for a great handling and demonstration.
Ut imago est animi voltus sic indices oculi ~
The face is a picture of the mind as the eyes are its interpreter ~Cicero
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4355 Posts

Profile of rannie
My long time friend and mentor in magic Lou Hilario gave me the Mendoza manuscript as a present for my birthday eons ago. I really treasured that manuscript. I remember learning it without even having a combo set. By the time I had a combo set I knew the routine forward and backwards. I will never forget the first time I actually performed it with an actual set ( I have practiced it in my mind for a year ). I have ventured to straight cups and put together several routines which I enjoy immensely...BUT I have stuck it out with the Mendoza and developed a routine around it with touches and climaxes that went through many permutations. I had the pleasure to show this to Mr. Mendoza and I was very happy he liked it. What a wonderful magician and gentleman Mr. Mendoza is. He even allowed me to call my routine "The Boss' World's Famous Cups and Balls Routine" . Mr. Mendoza's manuscript is a must for every student of the cups and balls...and magic in general. The Mendoza manuscript is a lesson in construction and choreography to name a few.

Cheers and Mabuhay from Manila!

Rannie
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4816 Posts

Profile of gdw
Ah crud. It's no longer up.
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Doctor DavidL's Cups and Balls (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL