The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Lite Flite or Steve Fearson's hookup (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
emont999
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of emont999
I am thinking of buying Lite Flite, but it seems it is just based on Steve Fearson's floating cigarette hookup. I can buy the latter at his web site for 5 dollars. Anyone have any reason to actually buy the Lite Flite?
Justin McWilliams
View Profile
1983 - 2005
New Jersey
157 Posts

Profile of Justin McWilliams
I'm not sure of Lite Flite hook up, but if you can find better prices go with that. Also Fearson's can seem to be somewhat impromtu. That's a cool thing. It doesn't yell out "I'm a magicians prop, only a magician would have". Just personal experience on what I found works and doesn't.
Hey I'm a magician, i've never told a lie.....oops:o/
trainerjep
View Profile
Loyal user
242 Posts

Profile of trainerjep
Both are really good!
It's not the size of the wand,
but the magic in it !
emont999
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of emont999
Thanks,

I went and bought Fearson's hookup from his site. I am now waiting to receive the files and video download.
I'll let you know if its any good.
dillib
View Profile
Elite user
476 Posts

Profile of dillib
Lite flite has received quite a number of bad reviews, do a search and read them before you decide to buy it.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Lite flite looks cool, but is bad because the item isn't borrowed, like with a cigarette or--DOLLAR BILL.

Get the lite flite video, which teaches the Fearson hook up.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
magic 12376
View Profile
Regular user
Wilkes-Barre Pa
115 Posts

Profile of magic 12376
Do yourself a favor and buy Fearsons cig. routine. Better price, better trick.
Besides, as stated already, the lighted ball screams "this is gaffed".

If you like the lighted thing check out Steve Fearsons area 51 on download magic.
At the end of the routine you throw it out the window and it flies away into the night.
There is also a video of it on the site.
To be honest the thing flying away looks a bit like a frisbee toss, but it beats light flite hands down.
Ronald R. Romiski
trainerjep
View Profile
Loyal user
242 Posts

Profile of trainerjep
Boy, that MagicChris is one smart cookie. Smile
It's not the size of the wand,
but the magic in it !
emont999
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of emont999
I downloaded the Area 51 video and I thought it was great. It shows the cigarette hookup and explains the hoop pass in great detail. It also shows the similar routine with the glow stick.

Very nice. Thanks all for saving me 39$
gforster
View Profile
Regular user
californian living in wisconsin
136 Posts

Profile of gforster
Fearson's hook-up is about all you will need for awhile! It will definitely keep you busy as there are many possibilities with it. As for Area 51, the glowstick thing isn't my style, but opens up many possibilities.
EVENTVS STVLTORVM MAGISTER
myshadow
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of myshadow
Ferason's hook-up is extremely practical and very convincing. Above all else it is exrtremely good value.
schmitty65
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of schmitty65
I bought the light flight video and it doesn't tell you a way to dump the hook up with out breaking the gimmick. Thanks

Can somebody please help me?
JohnCollier
View Profile
New user
John Collier
49 Posts

Profile of JohnCollier
The only way I can think of would be to buy another kit and use the second ball as a switch.
magicpro
View Profile
New user
montreal
51 Posts

Profile of magicpro
In Lite Flight all your paying for is the aluminated ball, they are the same thing. I say buy Lite Flight and with the same hook up attach a cigarette instead.
ritty360
View Profile
Elite user
McKinney, Texas
403 Posts

Profile of ritty360
I don't think Lite Flight is very good. I just think it smacks of gimmickry.
emont999
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of emont999
I did buys Fearson's hookup and it is pretty good. It makes the effect truly amazing. The hoop pass it not so easy however!

At the end of his Area 51 explanation he does the same routine with a deck of cards. Pretty cool.
Namzyr
View Profile
New user
Northern New Jersey
53 Posts

Profile of Namzyr
While I am a big fan of IT Effects, I find I only use my Lite Flite on Halloweens. Somehow an little gaff is commonly accepted on this night of nights for those of our ilk, and it's a hit with the kids as well as their parents!

And you can still hand out the candy while hooked up!
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
I just want to mention that Lite Flite is absolutely no different from Fearsons Floating cigarette as far as method. The only difference is it's done with a different object (In this case a ball that lights up).

If you want the ball then go ahead and pick up the lite flite. If you wan the method I'd recommend getting the Area51. It's the exact same thing but shows how to do it with a cigarette and a glow stick. Along with example demonstrations on using other objects (By the way, when he made the deck of cards float he used another one of his tricks called Man with two decks). I should also point out that Yigal Mesika's Floating Glasses also uses the same hook up. The good news is both lite flite and the floating sunglasses have permission from the originator to market them.

Ron Jaxon

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
Christopher
View Profile
Special user
528 Posts

Profile of Christopher
Although I agree that it isn't worth it to buy lite flight if you have floating cigarette, I have to say that lite flight has been one of my best attention grabbers at conventions or walk around settings. I just stand and start having the ball float back and forth between my hands slowly. It looks very odd as the ball moves so slow. and then once a crowd is collecting, the ball floats up and into my pocket. Nothing fancy. I have even let a specator come up and hold the ball, and inspect it as it floats to them. If it breaks, I move on. But believe it or not, I save it at least 75% of the time. I also do the hookup to my watch instead of fingers, so that I can continue with something else immediately. When working at a mall for a business showcase, I used a small egg for Easter time. This trick really depends upon your venue andhow you present it.
Scott Ocheltree
View Profile
Veteran user
364 Posts

Profile of Scott Ocheltree
I have Lite Flite, I have performed it for large audiences. I love it. I don't use it anymore. I just don't like IT.
I do feel however that while it is the Fearson's hookup, it is much stronger than the floating cigarette.
By spinning the ball, you get a gyroscopic action which stabalizes the ball and helps mask the tell-tale wobble of an object which is dangling on a string.
Maybe I should get this out and play with it again...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Lite Flite or Steve Fearson's hookup (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL