The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Lite Flite or Steve Fearson's hookup (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Namzyr
View Profile
New user
Northern New Jersey
53 Posts

Profile of Namzyr
Thanks Scott, perhaps it's a fave because it was my intro to Fearson's IT hookup, but in the right venue it's just so darned FUN!

I've also been using Loops quite a bit as of late, just because it's so easy to deal with. I can walk around a party, be completely casual, and go levitate a borrowed ring with no noticeable reset or setup.

How cool is that?
Magicjohnathon
View Profile
Regular user
Oakdale, CA.
122 Posts

Profile of Magicjohnathon
I bought a lite flight a year ago to add as a interesting addition to my already popular D'lite routine. Let me just say the D'lite routine is still in my act, however the lite flite is so complex and complicated I just never wanted to use it.
Me and my friends at Hollywood Magic agree that you should never perform a trick in front of people untill you have practiced with it at least a month, Honestly folks I would go crazy if I had to work with a lite flight for that long! Smile
I personally give the lite flite two thumbs down! Smile Sincerely Magic Johnathon
"If at first you don't succeed! Than skydiving is definately not for you"!
Magically Johnathon Marshall
Namzyr
View Profile
New user
Northern New Jersey
53 Posts

Profile of Namzyr
Jonathan, I would encourage you to spend some time with it if you haven't already.

The setup isn't really that complex, and once you get the feel of it, it really comes quite naturally. If I can do it, I'm sure you can!

The only issue I have with the setup is that it's not easily donned or ditched. You can actually go back to normal life afterwards, but you'll probably wind up sacrificing the IT. Not a problem to set up again, but ...

That's always been a nice thing about the D'Lites. Easy don, easy ditch, and ready to go again.

Always a reaction with those!
MacGyver
View Profile
Inner circle
St. Louis, MO
1419 Posts

Profile of MacGyver
I just bought and watched Area 51.

It ROCKS!!!
Honestly for the price, it is great.

Now I already knew the main source for IT and the basics of the hookup, but even if you know them I would still plunk down the 10 bucks for all the great stuff on the video.

It tells you the bulk source for getting IT cheaply, it tells you the awesome hookup, how to get into it and out of it, different methods for attaching it, other idea's and a really cool method for making it float up into the night sky...

I haven't tried it, and I can see how some might call it impractical, but at the right time and place the big finish seems like it would kill!!!!

anyway I have already played around with the basics of the Fearson hookup but all the idea's presented with area51 definatly are worth the 10 dollars!!! you will definatly find something new and usable with this video.
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
Here's a little thing that Steve use to have in his lecture but isn't on any of his videos or instructions on this hook up.

When you're in position and just did the routine. You can place your hands behind your back, spit the cigarette hard over your head and it'll land right in your hand behind your back. It's a pretty cool ending.

If you're doing the lite-flite with the woolly nylon, the thread is a little weak for the ball. You can use more then one strand of IT though. This'll make the thread a little stronger.

Ron Jaxon

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
MacGyver
View Profile
Inner circle
St. Louis, MO
1419 Posts

Profile of MacGyver
Actually Jaxon that is taught on the Area51 video, along with a cool little move like it where you spit the cig out and it does a 360 and lands back in your mouth.

perhaps this thread should be moved to the secret sessions thread forum.
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
Lite Flite is great for an opening effect, and like stated above, you need some nerve or an extra strand, but is is very eerie and cool. Smile
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Namzyr
View Profile
New user
Northern New Jersey
53 Posts

Profile of Namzyr
For the record, I've never had a problem with snapping an IT during Lite Flite.

The only time I ever had a problem was when I rode in a friend's car to a new venue (Halloween, of course), and had no opportunity to steal away and check it out before use.

I know that I brought it upon myself, but I do believe it's good to push the envelope on occasion.

But snapping during a performance with proper and sensible attention to the hookup? Not in my experience.
Dbzkid999
View Profile
Elite user
Canada
407 Posts

Profile of Dbzkid999
I would get Michael Ammar's Thread Miracles 3 because there's the Fearson Hook-up with other stuff!

Hope That Helps!

Adam
Deck01
View Profile
New user
San Francisco
32 Posts

Profile of Deck01
Hi guys, I just ordered and just waiting for my Ammar thread dvd. Am I going to learn to do the floating cig. from it? Smile Smile
I cryied when I had no shoes, until I saw a boy without his feet.
spatlind
View Profile
Special user
still moving
863 Posts

Profile of spatlind
Just got Area 51 - awesome. Have to say though, have a little trouble catching the cigarette in the mouth at the end, both with the rotation and the fact that I look like a goldfish!!! Anyone got any ideas?
Actions lie louder than words - Carolyn Wells

I believe in God, only I spell it Nature - Frank Lloyd Wright.
mplegare
View Profile
Veteran user
Forest Grove, Oregon
310 Posts

Profile of mplegare
The Ammar video uses the Fearon hookup, but uses a Life Saver instead of a cigarette. I think that makes for a 'neater' finale, myself (I'm going to use wax paper-wrapped humbugs myself). Also, he has a variation on the Fearson hookup for the follically challenged Smile
Matthew Legare aka Tobias the Adequate! - http://www.adequateblog.today.com - you know you want to.
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
Spatlind, I won't go into to much detail here of course but you can Email if you wish for a little more tips on that. For now I'll just say that it'll get a lot easier with practice. A couple of suggestions I can make is to make it move very slowly. Especially at first. Also, try and lean back at the last moment before it reaches your mouth. It'll cause the cig to move a little vertical to your mouth. But the biggest thing is just practice. Believe me, I've spent ours making those fish faces trying to suck it to my lips. End up walking around the room chasing it with my mouth.. lol

Maybe this will help. There's a short video of me performing the floating cig at magicvideodepot.com You'll be able to see what I mean by making it move slowly and smoothly. Sometimes visuals help so I just thought I'd mention that. Just go to the site and search "Floating cigarette" and you'll find it. The video was recorded by Sean Bogunia when we where both booked to perform at Greenbay Univ. a couple of years ago.

Ron Jaxon

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Lite Flite or Steve Fearson's hookup (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL